Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#1376 Old 21st Mar 2020 at 3:15 PM
Which palace is this?
Russian wooden architecture is something very different. I've always like the onion-shaped roofs/gables.

I have meanwhile started working on a quirky, contemporary cottage.
Screenshots

I come in peace
#1377 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
Which palace is this?

Uploaded. All info in my last thread from downloads section.

I really like houses you are making. Why don't you share any?

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Alchemist
#1378 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 5:47 PM
I do every now and then. But most of the time I forget about them or never finish them.

My 'Oasis' is a good example of done and forgotten. I've had it finished veery long ago.

I come in peace
#1379 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
I do every now and then. But most of the time I forget about them or never finish them.

My 'Oasis' is a good example of done and forgotten. I've had it finished veery long ago.

Maybe it's time for now. Coronavirus quarantine gives you a lot of free time. Use it with knowlege LoL

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Alchemist
#1380 Old 24th Mar 2020 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
Maybe it's time for now. Coronavirus quarantine gives you a lot of free time. Use it with knowlege LoL

If I had the time, maybe. I have to go to work anyway.

I come in peace
#1381 Old 19th Apr 2020 at 1:44 PM
Anyone else notice a couple of recent uploads, I think they were Sims 4 Lots, that had, like, 2 full beds side-by-side? Or another one that has 3 single beds side-by-side? I don't play Sims 4, so I don't know what the deal is with that, but it seems funny.
In Sims 2, those beds wouldn't be usable without mods, but that's besides the point.
Theorist
#1382 Old 20th Apr 2020 at 1:42 PM
Powerpuff girls house? This bed placement don't allow to use one in the middle. As for double bed. There is "scoot" interaction. It let your sims move from one bed side to another, while they are on.

Theorist
#1383 Old 21st Apr 2020 at 6:33 AM
Powerpuff girls house? This bed placement don't allow to use one in the middle. As for double bed. There is "scoot" interaction. It let your sims move from one bed side to another, while they are on.

Yeah, that's the one with 3 single beds side-by-side.
A few days earlier, also for Sims 4, Modern City House - 5BR/4BA has 2 full beds side-by-side. I guess the "scoot" action makes this somewhat less weird, as the creator probably just wanted to make a giant bed. However, another bedroom has 2 full beds that are not side-by-side, which is at least somewhat weird.
Scholar
#1384 Old 21st Apr 2020 at 10:06 AM Last edited by Ferguson Avenue : 23rd Apr 2020 at 7:33 PM.
Well you guys certainly have been productive recently! I'm going to put more of an effort into finishing some of my projects again so as not to let the side down.

Was made this wooden palace

Wow, that's such a great example. That style of architecture has often intrigued me but I have never dared to recreate it in the game. Now that I've seen it's possible I may have to give it a try.

Meanwhile I've resumed work on my Georgian monstrosity Georgian Behemoth. It has gained a large central Marble Hall, inspired by the one at Kedleston Hall, but in lieu of a fancy vaulted ceiling I have given in an upper gallery on each side, but I am now unsure of what colour scheme to go with up there.

I've taken to calling this place a behemoth because it keeps growing, and has some of the biggest rooms I've ever made and it keeps growing as I've now excavated under the house to create a new basement level for most of the service rooms, although I have no idea what I'm going to do with them. I had intended of giving the house a Piano Nobile on the first floor with Servants' Quarters on the second floor and Service Rooms on the ground floor, but then the State Rooms kind of spread onto the ground floor with the addition of a Ballroom and to the second floor with the Marble Hall Galleries and some Bedrooms. This was the reason I had to excavate under the house to create the basement level Kitchens and Service Rooms and am currently contemplating redoing the roof to create attics for Servant's Quarters. Heaven knows how I'm going to furnish the damned thing!
It has gotten me to thinking that I should furnish it solely as a Georgian or Regency home so that I needn't go to the hassle of putting the amount of furniture and clutter in it necessary for a Victorian or Edwardian home.
Otherwise I may have to go begging to our unspoken reigning queen of the mammoth mansion for advice...
Screenshots
Theorist
#1385 Old 21st Apr 2020 at 10:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
Yeah, that's the one with 3 single beds side-by-side.
A few days earlier, also for Sims 4, Modern City House - 5BR/4BA has 2 full beds side-by-side. I guess the "scoot" action makes this somewhat less weird, as the creator probably just wanted to make a giant bed. However, another bedroom has 2 full beds that are not side-by-side, which is at least somewhat weird.

Hey. Thank you. I just saw through those link. Not sure if Ryan knows right meaning of BR and BA and bed does not mean the room for bed. This is actually 3BR with 3BA. Guess side-by-side items are common feature of this house. I noticed side-by-side bathtubes, side-by-side showers, side-by-side stools under side-by-side bathrobes, side-by-side desks... OMG somebody stop me please

Guess some players knows that game is not real life, ScaryRob. In all Sims games woohoo is allowed at any double bed regardless of its placement. Relatives from child to elder can sleep in double bed. That's not about real life human behavior and sims are don't care of their privacy. Some players undersand that and make their houses that pass.

Just in case: In Sims 3 I played some time with Don Lothario. When I switched then to Broke, I found bed assignment was very chaotic. Broke is probably the most rich of poorest Riverview families. And they have 3 double beds and 3 single beds, when 2 of those single beds were placed in one room. Buck was dead already, and teens and children were grown up so they had even more space. Whatever, Ruby was sleeping with her uncle! 1 double bed was vacant and if you count right, there were 1 double and 3 single beds left for 4 sims. That was meant anyone from Ruby's cousins, brother or mom were slept in one room too! And that was fine.

Theorist
#1386 Old 21st Apr 2020 at 11:03 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 21st Apr 2020 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Additionly
Quote: Originally posted by Ferguson Avenue
Meanwhile I've resumed work on my Georgian monstrosity Georgian Behemoth. It has gained a large central Marble Hall, inspired by the one at Kedleston Hall, but in lieu of a fancy vaulted ceiling I have given in an upper gallery on each side, but I am now unsure of what colour scheme to go with up there.

But I fear that makes it feel too cold, so I went back to my inspiration point of Kedleston and am now thinking that the pink might be a better option?

When I last visited Kedlston it was quite an overcast day and so the hall looked quite grey, but with a bit more sunlight the pink shows through a lot better and feels warmer.

The warmth of inviroment can be visual. You can change the inviromental appearance by set the colour lighting. This can be changed in life mode. I vote for white walls. Because it makes it look more classic and any black and white palette is classic (white shirt, black trousers, white and black piano keys etc.) And if you will change lighting color to custom depending on your own feelings you had when visited this place, there would be awesome.

Quote: Originally posted by Ferguson Avenue
I've taken to calling this place a behemoth because it keeps growing, and has some of the biggest rooms I've ever made and it keeps growing as I've now excavated under the house to create a new basement level for most of the service rooms, although I have no idea what I'm going to do with them. I had intended of giving the house a Piano Nobile on the first floor with Servants' Quarters on the second floor and Service Rooms on the ground floor, but then the State Rooms kind of spread onto the ground floor with the addition of a Ballroom and to the second floor with the Marble Hall Galleries and some Bedrooms. This was the reason I had to excavate under the house to create the basement level Kitchens and Service Rooms and am currently contemplating redoing the roof to create attics for Servant's Quarters. Heaven knows how I'm going to furnish the damned thing!
It has gotten me to thinking that I should furnish it solely as a Georgian or Regency home so that I needn't go to the hassle of putting the amount of furniture and clutter in it necessary for a Victorian or Edwardian home.
Otherwise I may have to go begging to our unspoken reigning queen of the mammoth mansion for advice...

Guess there is in Kremlin something-alike Piano Nobile called Granovitaya Palata. It was built in 1487—1491 by Italian architects Marco ruffo and Pietro Antonio Solari who were invited for this task.

I know how hard to make anything Victorian or Edwardian in Sims. More difficult even in Sims 4 where pilasters, cornices, friezes and roof trims are all separated tools. I've tried to make full region invictorian. One day I just threw that all and thought I need a vacation. So you guys are probably heroes when even start with that. I wish you everyone to have a time and inspiration for this.
Screenshots

Theorist
#1387 Old 25th Apr 2020 at 1:56 PM
Something really simple and eerie was posted by me today here: http://modthesims.info/d/641232/wat...?t=641232y.html

Instructor
#1388 Old 25th Apr 2020 at 8:29 PM
Ooohhhh. Looking nice, Ferg. I like the upper gallery addition to the marble hall. You made me go dig out my abandoned rendition of Kedleston from the archives, because I had a sneaking suspicion I made the hall in there pink. And lo and behold, I did. I went full tilt Italian Baroque church with the polychrome marble, because , yeah, that is a thing I do.

I like the stark monochromatic in the historical belief that that was how antiquity looked, but I do like color and the yellow ties in with the hallways and suggests a flow between the two.

In other news, I've been playing with floors.

I wanted an eighth on the building on the right for roof access, but it made my game hang heading back into edit town mode (multiple times, I tried). The left building was the first I did. I was getting really into Chicago School approach to "high rises", where they have three parts, like a column--a base, shaft, and a capital. I needed my base to have two floors, the shaft section three, and that meant I needed another floor for the capital. And that meant stretching the game a bit. Architecturally inspired by Schmidt and Garden's Powerhouse at the Schoenhofen Brewery with some Louis Sullivan fancifulness thrown in for color and variety.
Screenshots
Theorist
#1389 Old 25th Apr 2020 at 8:44 PM
Hey, Cut. It looks like you represented thouse pink colour, about Fergus was talking about.
Yay to "high rises" from Chicago!

Scholar
#1390 Old 5th May 2020 at 6:00 PM Last edited by Ferguson Avenue : 8th May 2020 at 9:07 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by cutsocks
Ooohhhh. Looking nice, Ferg. I like the upper gallery addition to the marble hall. You made me go dig out my abandoned rendition of Kedleston from the archives, because I had a sneaking suspicion I made the hall in there pink. And lo and behold, I did. I went full tilt Italian Baroque church with the polychrome marble, because , yeah, that is a thing I do.

Thanks for that, it saves me the job of redecorating, I don't think I could pull that off as well as you have so I think I shall leave it in white and painted marble:

But the trouble comes when you look up into the Lantern above, it's not pretty...

I tried to make the lantern look like a painted sky when viewed from the hall below, inspired by what I've seen in another house, but as you can see I lack the skill to pull it off successfully, especially within the constraints of the game.

I've also been working on the layout of the house further and am now happy with it, although there's still a few rooms in the middle of the house on the ground floor that have no windows and I don't know what to do with them. There's no denying that the house would benefit from internal courtyards where the main staircases currently are but I don't fancy expanding the house in order to accommodate them too. It's already big enough.
I am happy with the way my octagonal Ballroom has turned out, along with the gallery above and the Library next to it. The Dining Room has turned out nicely too, but the Saloon is showing how I'm still struggling with the Georgian concept of having small amounts of furniture placed around the outside of the room. My Victorian tendencies keep whispering to add more and fill the whole room!

Quote: Originally posted by cutsocks
In other news, I've been playing with floors.
And that meant stretching the game a bit.

*gasps* THE FORBIDDEN FLOORS!.. I'm on good terms with my game at the moment but if I even considered doing that it would flip the tea table on our peaceful tête-à-tête and have me over the barrel in the blink of an eye.
But I can only imagine at the possibilities an extra floor or two would allow some of my creations...
You've done a very good job of making the most of them though. I particularly like the example on the left.
Forum Resident
#1391 Old 8th May 2020 at 9:46 PM
Well I started this narrow lot Tudor House yesterday. its fairly roomy inside. It will have at least five bedrooms and 3 full bathrooms ! hope you like it
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Scholar
#1392 Old 21st May 2020 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23
Well I started this narrow lot Tudor House yesterday. its fairly roomy inside. It will have at least five bedrooms and 3 full bathrooms ! hope you like it

It looks nice, I especially like the form and shape of the roof. If you were to change the wall coverings for wood shingles it could easily pass for a Victorian Shingle style house too. Regardless, it does have a very appealing form, will we get to see the rest of the exterior at some point?
Forum Resident
#1393 Old 22nd May 2020 at 12:52 AM
Thanks and you will I just received my brand new laptop in the mail yesterday and Im setting it up now !

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
#1394 Old 23rd May 2020 at 1:00 AM
i have to admit we have all come a long way since we started to create and build! its absolutely incredible to see all your hard work! We all should be proud of each other!

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1395 Old 27th May 2020 at 10:11 PM
I am partly proud of cutsocks who makes a great work with tricks and cheats. Partly not proud cause he is not share it and still has a note about 2019 in his profile.

I was totally fail in creating classic style house. Am I proud of myself? Nooooo ^_^ But I have few pics to share for your judgement.

Screenshots

Alchemist
#1396 Old 31st May 2020 at 12:51 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 31st May 2020 at 9:55 PM.
Looks good from what we can see.
Eta:
Do you have more pictures? @Victor_tor

I come in peace
#1397 Old 31st May 2020 at 11:46 PM
Oh. Yep. Here it is: http://modthesims.info/d/642786/sho...-riverview.html
Glad you have interest in my houses. They are not so delicious as made by you. I really wonder about all residents here and their creations. All that topics about architecture and historical heritage are soo interesting! Thank you for this.
Regards. Vic ^_^

Alchemist
#1398 Old 2nd Jun 2020 at 9:04 PM
Ahh it's a venue, I was expecting a regular home and was interested in how you managed the floorplan

Thanks for the compliment. I have to say that I enjoy your homes, too. You have unique and interesting interiors. I love the small blue bathroom in your venue, actually. It's awesome

I come in peace
#1399 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 11:19 AM
Trying to make a more colorful home.

The wrap-around porch has a weird, random-ish worm pattern which just kinda happened.
Screenshots

I come in peace
#1400 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 3:22 PM
@Johnny_Bravo Beautiful! love the color combo you have used! cant wait to see more

C.T.HOLKO88

Page 56 of 98