Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 2:33 AM
Default Cant get CAW to start?
My game is up to date with the latest patch and so is CAW but I cant get it to start..i have the system requirements and i dont have the ep world adventures...

I also cant get my sims 3 to work after the patch with CAW

help?

Origin id: Navikats
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 5:31 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue. Please post your system specs - instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.

If it is not specifically asked, please provide the Quick summary only.
Have you tried with the \DCCache and \Mod\Packages folders temporarily moved elsewhere? Seems that CAW really dislike CC.

Please state the exact patch version(s) and which game(s) you do have - you don't have HELS, either?...I'm sorry - too many posts of "latest patch" when there's a new release in the last week is too confusing. Especially if this thread lasts for a few weeks, and let's say EA release yet another new series next week, what then? ;) That "latest patch" terminology can be way too deceiving.

Also posting system specs for reference is better than me assuming hardware-wise is hunky dory when too many times I've come across specs that were borderline, while the posters say it was *fine*.

Ways to find your patch versions, in case you didn't know how -
Game: located in bottom left corner of Launcher or the version.tag file (can be opened in Notepad) in your user documents\EA\TS3 path
CAW: open worldbuilder.ini with Notepad and post the version you have. This file is located in
Quote:
\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool

Quote:
[Version]
WBVersion = ???

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 6:09 PM
I only have the base game..no WA or HELS..im on patch 1.11.7.005001

And when I had the problem I took out my CCs and my Cache files and still no avail...so I uninstalled everything re-installed the sims 3 and put my CC back and it was fne...except running slowly...

And I assume this is what you mean aout the systems specs....Its a brand new computer, I bought it the day windows 7 came out, so I assumed I had atleast the min. requirements for the game.Im planning on getting a new graphics card, but I just don't know what to get for my HP...and my new HP is sadly better then my 4 yr old alienware, which had no problem running the game, but I dont use t anymore...

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name SOBI
System Manufacturer HP-Pavilion
System Model NY549AA-ABA p6230y
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 810 Processor, 2600 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 5.02, 8/31/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
User Name Sobi\Stephanie
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.74 GB
Available Physical Memory 6.37 GB
Total Virtual Memory 15.5 GB
Available Virtual Memory 13.4 GB
Page File Space 7.74 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

I still dont understand why the game would run so slowly..I still have 686 Free GB on my C drive

In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 8:29 PM
Do you have the base configuration as on HP's website for this model p6230y desktop? It states that it has an integrated graphics.
If you have a different configuration, please post specs as asked in the FAQ with all the requested information from the Quick summary instructions.

Also, how did you do the uninstall? With leftover folders removed and registry entries cleaned up - ie the manual uninstall method?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 9:04 PM
Here's the quick summary as instructed:
=System==

•Operating System:Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1 Build 7600)
•System Manufacturer: HP Pavilion
•System Model : NY549AA-ABA p6230y
•Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 810 Processor (4 CPUs), ~ 2.6 GHZ
•Memory: 8192MB RAM
•Page File: 2260 MB used, 13593 MB available
•DirectX Version: DirectX 11

==Display==

•Name: ATI Radeon HD 4200
•Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc
•Chip Type: ATI Display adapter (0x9710)
•Approx. Total Memory: 3065 MB
•Main Driver: atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,a
•Version: 8.630.0.0
•Driver Date: 6/28/2009 6:37 pm

==Sound==

•Description: Seakers (Realtek High Def Audio)
•Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys
•Driver Version: 6.00.0001.5882 english
•Date: 6/26/2009 12:52pm

==Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives==

•Drive: C:
•Free Space: 636.5 GB
•Total Space: 702.7 GB
•File System: NTFS
•Model: Seagate ST3750528AS SCSI Disk Device

I use the control panel/uninstall programs to uninstall everything on my computer...

In the Arena
retired moderator
#6 Old 28th Mar 2010 at 3:54 AM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 30th Mar 2010 at 10:37 AM. Reason: added links for specs and IGP
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • Sims 3 - Uninstall
    This Game_Help:TS3_Uninstallwiki link has the step-by-step instructions to guide you through uninstalling The Sims 3, and its packs (EP/SP).

If you're reinstalling because you're reverting to an older patch, or just do not want to use the Launcher/EADM to patch, read this FAQ Game_Help:TS3_Patchingwiki once through before patching and then follow the guide.
Thank you, now we can proceed.

You haven't replied with the CAW version from post#2. Did you patch CAW after patching base game to 1.11?

Uninstalling without manually removing leftover bits is not safe as we need to ensure we start on a clean slate.
So, I think you need to do another uninstall of the game, this time you may want to include CAW (+EADM which is now on version 6.0.4.10, if you have anything different).

HP's Support website has
- graphics drivers for ATI Radeon HD 4200 dated 2009-10-14
- sound drivers for Realtek High Def Audio dated 2009-10-28
for the release version of Windows 7. You should update these, including the Hotfix for the OS (dated 01-2010).

After the reinstall and patching of both programs, start each vanilla program ie with no CC and with new worlds. Don't restore your save games and CC yet until you've establish the vanilla programs can run with the new patches.

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.

Eta:
I forgot to mention Radeon HD 4200 is an IGP and not on the supported list from EA even for the base game, see Game_Help:TS3_System_Requirements.wiki That might explain why CAW cannot start after new updates. Some good information on playing 3D games with Game_Help:Onboard_Graphicswiki and Game_Help:Your_Computer_is_Like_a_Car.wiki