Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jan 2020 at 12:21 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Greys with the RGB scale
I love to use pure greys in a lot of clothes and appliances (think grey wool coats or stainless steel refrigerators). However, whenever I do equal numbers on the RGB scale on a relatively solid/patternless texture, I get splotches and purplish hues. I experienced this on my old computer, and with TS2 as well. Does anyone know what I can do to get the appearance of pure greys using the RGB scale, without the splotchy appearance? The issue lessens the heavier/busier the pattern but stainless steel is fairly smooth. I hope what I’m asking makes sense. TIA!

goderguy
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Jan 2020 at 1:40 AM
Yes, horrible green and purple artifacts. It's a known problem that strangely, doesn't seem to bother anyone too much. It's ugly though isn't it?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 30th Jan 2020 at 4:27 PM Last edited by KatyFernlily : 30th Jan 2020 at 4:43 PM.
I wonder if this might help you?
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/...hp?topic=1433.0

I have the same kind of issue, might just be me and/or my pc but my blacks look bluish and my grays look purplish.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jan 2020 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
I wonder if this might help you?
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/...hp?topic=1433.0

I have the same kind of issue, might just be me and/or my pc but my blacks look bluish and my grays look purplish.

Thanks, I noticed the RGB code wasn’t the same numeric value across all three fields. I’ll have to try it!

goderguy