Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 3:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Terrain Paint
Hi guys. I've downloaded Potato Ballad's Boroushburg world: I'm interested in some CAW textures (roads, sidewalks, grass..). Through the S3PE program, I've opened Boroughsburg.world file, finding and saving the interested textures (format. dds).
Then, how can I transform these texture in terrain paint (build mode) usable in game? .... I've read to use S3PE and S3co programs. How ?
Thanks a lot, MARTINA
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 10:28 PM
This is copied from, uh...don't remember but it's pretty easy. Just follow the first part 1 - 6, since you already have your texture you want to use.

Would you be OK with working with S3PE and S3OC instead?

1. Create your 1024 x 1024 seamless pattern, and save it as a DDS.

2. Open S3OC and select Clone \ Terrain Paintbrushes.

3. Select one of the terrain paints; I like to choose one in the same category that mine will be in.

4. Click Clone or Fix and make the adjustments you want on the right (change Catalog Name and Description).

5. On the left, tick all the available boxes, give it a different name, then click Start. Save your file somewhere.

6. Open your cloned pattern in S3PE and look for the _IMG entry - this is your image. Right-click it and choose Replace, then look for your terrain paint (you may have to change the search parameter to _IMG by type if your DDS has a filename that is different from the S3_[long string of numbers and letters] format). Select it, then click Open and the pattern will be imported over the existing one.

Now you can test your pattern in-game!

Optional: you can also change the resource names within the package, but you'll also have to replace the old instance numbers with the new (changing names also changes the resources' instance numbers).

Double-click on the _IMG resource and take note of the current instance number (you can copy/paste it somewhere else). If the resource doesn't already have a name (the "Name" field is blank), check the "Use Resource Name" box and write a name (I recommend a unique one).

Next, click the FNV64 button; you'll notice the Instance has changed. Copy the part after the 0x (e.g. if you have 0x8C6D5D428D70BD30, then copy only 8C6D5D428D70BD30) and click OK.

Now, go to the first CTPT resource, select it, and click Grid. Find the BrushTexture field and replace the instance number of the old texture with the instance number of the new one, then click Commit.
Do the same for the second CTPT resource.
Also, within the CTPT resources, the Category field also lets you change the category of the terrain paint

You can also change the names of the CTPT and THUM resources, but those won't require replacements within other resources.

Optional^2: you can delete the smaller thumbnails and only keep the bigger one, and replace it with a custom versio
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Apr 2020 at 12:43 PM
Hi Oh, thank you infinitely.
Following your instructions, I'm trying to change from texture to terrain paint (usable in game). Using S3oC, I create and save my package file. renaming it.
Then, I've opened S3pe:
1) Clicking 'file', 'open..'
2) Chose my package file (saved on desktop)
3) My name file appears in the top string, but the program screen remains white..

Where can I find _IMG)?

Thanks for availability and patient [IMG]Firs imagine[/IMG]