Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2020 at 10:33 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Map tags on Late Night high-rise shells
Hey guys,

I'm working on my world and in my downtown area, I want to have custom rabbitholes inside of the Late Night shells (as well as a hidden tomb inside one). However, any of these lots tagged as a community lot always has a map tag attached to it. I made my city hall first, and realized that along with the city hall tag from Jynx's rabbithole rug, there's also a park bench map tag on the shell itself, as it's categorized as no visitors allowed. I tried it with my hospital, and again, there's the hospital rabbithole map tag as well as the park bench tag. To test this, I put a grocery rabbithole rug on a lot zoned as a salon, and then it shows both the grocery and salon map tags for the same lot. Might be useful if you wanted multipurpose lots... but I didn't. As well, one lot with the high-rise shell is zoned as a hidden tomb, and I want it to actually function as a hidden tomb. Unfortunately, it still gets the park bench map tag. Rabbithole rugs, as well as EA rabbitholes, function normally on lots without the shells. I don't have any mods that change map tag function, unless perhaps one of my Nraas mods is doing this... but I doubt it. Does anyone have any insight to this? Thanks.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 4:42 AM
Actually, my mouse was on the way to the Agree button on nitromon's answer before I even saw my name mentioned (okay, I hit it anyway). Could be mistaken, but I don't think NRaas DE gets a say here. Tagger might, in the way in which it processes and displays map tags, but that would be a better question for our developer if just installing it doesn't seem to make much difference and that's of course in-game only and not a function of CAW.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
However, high rise shells, actually any shell, has the same effect.

Well that kinda sucks, but I guess it's something I might have to just deal with. I tried playing around with DebugEnabler, but didn't find any solutions thus far. I ended up eventually just getting distracted and using Sculpturify on my test household, but apparently you can't sculpturify Sims that are on fire, or maybe it's if your active Sim is on fire. Not relevant in the slightest, but it was a fun time.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Tagger might, in the way in which it processes and displays map tags

I took a look at the Tagger documentation page, and it doesn't seem like there is currently anything to change shell map tags — I wonder how simple or difficult that would be to add to its functionality — I'm no modder by any means. And you're right, it obviously would have no effect on the actual world, just users' individual games. I'll download it later just to check if it makes a difference, just in case.