Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 4:12 PM Last edited by Aysarth : 17th Mar 2019 at 4:28 PM.
Default Unable to export to .5GD format
My latest project requires me to use animated meshes, so I have been trying as hard as I can to learn about that aspect of Sims 2. However, I have hit the same problem both using Blender with SmugTomato's plugin, and using Milkshape with the plugins advised in Echo's tutorials on animated meshes.

I can import the GMDC, import the new mesh, assign the bones. Everything seems to be fine, but I can't then export into the .5GD format. From the Blender plugin I get nothing saved, from the Milkshape one I get a file saved in a format called 'Simpe Packed File', which SimPE does not recognise as a GMDC. Neither one throws any kind of error message.

Where am I going wrong?

N.B. I have attached both the extracted GMDC and my replacement mesh. EDIT: Added my Blend and Milkshape files, which might be more useful.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Herring.rar (77.1 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Mesh
File Type: rar  AC4F8687-F644EEAC-1C050000-FF3DDC7B.rar (6.8 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Description: 1GMDC
File Type: rar  Trial.rar (10.6 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Milkshape file
File Type: rar  Herringblend.rar (77.1 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 7:23 PM
I dunno what's up with the plugin by SmugTomato, but it won't export as .5gd for me either. I literally get no file exported. I would suggest maybe report in the download thread? As for the MS export, are you exporting as Sims 2 Unimesh Exporter v4.09? This one works fine for me, I have no idea what the objx version is for.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 9:25 AM Last edited by clsve : 18th Mar 2019 at 9:58 AM. Reason: Pictures added
You can use the .simpe-file for replacing your gmdc-file in SimPE.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 11:19 AM
@HugeLunatic and @clsve thank you for your replies.

I confirm that I was exporting from Milkshape using Sims 2 Unimesh exporter V4.09 and not the objx exporter. I have also checked that all 16 Unimesh files are present and correct are present and correct in the Milkshape program file.

clsve, I will give that a go and report back.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 1:56 PM
And it works!

Thank you.
Screenshots