Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#401 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 5:19 PM
WAIT!!!
Are we building a warehouse OR a factory?

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Advertisement
Scholar
#402 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Forever, I just reread my reno rules and sadly, stairs cannot be moved.

DANGNABBIT. /me stomps off to redo her floor plans. Where the heck am I going to put that delivery entrance now? (thankfully, only have the image floor plans, not having actually touched the lot in any major way.)
Scholar
#403 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
WAIT!!!
Are we building a warehouse OR a factory?

Something that could pass for the general building type is my understanding. At least around here, factories and warehouses look so similar you have to use the stenciled signs on the walls to figure out what it is/was. Like I said earlier, my inspiration building was actually a power station.

Phaenoh, I have my official factory entry up - not sure if you missed it. (Post # 369 if I haven't linked it correctly...)
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#404 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 7:57 PM
Cat, Forever is correct, a generic either/or building.
Mad Poster
#405 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 10:34 PM
OK - got it... Mine works either way, I think.
I'm done. Sorta.
I just took 50 pictures. Now for the hard part - consolidation

and Vintage Stuffeths
retired moderator
Original Poster
#406 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 11:35 PM
Alright everyone, we have the wall diagrams! Double click on each image to see a larger version of them. All EXTERIOR WALLS MUST BE KEPT. All interior walls marked in yellow are also required to stay. You may choose to keep more of your walls than I've marked, you just may not remove the ones marked in yellow. Staircases can be removed but not added. Kitchen fixtures and plumbing fixtures all need to stay in their original locations (within 2 tiles). ekrubynaffit, there are some walls in red and a floor that you will need to remove. They shouldn't have gotten past City Inspection in the first place, but honestly, you shouldn't need that space up there anyways.

https://drive.google.com/drive/fold...T0U?usp=sharing
Link Ninja
#407 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 11:48 PM
Alright everyone, we have the wall diagrams! Double click on each image to see a larger version of them. All EXTERIOR WALLS MUST BE KEPT. All interior walls marked in yellow are also required to stay. You may choose to keep more of your walls than I've marked, you just may not remove the ones marked in yellow. Staircases can be removed but not added. Kitchen fixtures and plumbing fixtures all need to stay in their original locations (within 2 tiles). ekrubynaffit, there are some walls in red and a floor that you will need to remove. They shouldn't have gotten past City Inspection in the first place, but honestly, you shouldn't need that space up there anyways.

https://drive.google.com/drive/fold...T0U?usp=sharing

Phae, I think you meant @xmathyx for the extra floor in red

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#408 Old 12th Oct 2016 at 12:51 AM
Alright everyone, we have the wall diagrams! Double click on each image to see a larger version of them. All EXTERIOR WALLS MUST BE KEPT. All interior walls marked in yellow are also required to stay. You may choose to keep more of your walls than I've marked, you just may not remove the ones marked in yellow. Staircases can be removed but not added. Kitchen fixtures and plumbing fixtures all need to stay in their original locations (within 2 tiles).

Sooo.... even though the new owners don't need a kitchen, we need to keep the kitchen stuff? Also, can doors on a yellow-marked wall be removed/moved?

Dangnabbit, City, you scuttled my delivery entrance yet again.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#409 Old 12th Oct 2016 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Phae, I think you meant @xmathyx for the extra floor in red
Yeah, it's been one of those days. I'm crashing fast tonight. >.<

Quote: Originally posted by ForeverCamp
Sooo.... even though the new owners don't need a kitchen, we need to keep the kitchen stuff? Also, can doors on a yellow-marked wall be removed/moved?
You do not need to keep the kitchen, but you can't add new plumbing anywhere it didn't already exist, and maybe you'll want a sink and mini fridge in your staff break room? Up to you. Yes, doors on those walls may be moved or removed.
Scholar
#410 Old 12th Oct 2016 at 2:50 AM
You do not need to keep the kitchen, but you can't add new plumbing anywhere it didn't already exist, and maybe you'll want a sink and mini fridge in your staff break room?

/headdesk. Curses. Now it's the public washroom giving me a headache.
Forum Resident
#411 Old 12th Oct 2016 at 8:56 AM
I finally got time to decorate my warehouse!
90s Disney playlist on youtube's playing and I'm on a roll! Mulan's reflection is on it's 3rd replay and I'm belting out the chorus

Whooo isss that girl I seeee~ staring------

I saw my own reflection in the monitor as the power went out.

I didn't save.
Mad Poster
#412 Old 12th Oct 2016 at 10:06 AM
I will post my factory for inspection late tonight or tomorrow - I am in the process of renewing my driver's licence, which has to be done this month and takes a lot of time here.
Have a femented juice, kanzen - ouch!
Field Researcher
#413 Old 12th Oct 2016 at 2:40 PM
I will have my reno ready for inspection today or tomorrow! This has been a lot of fun.... Love it!
Scholar
#414 Old 12th Oct 2016 at 11:28 PM Last edited by ForeverCamp : 12th Oct 2016 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Ack - helps when you ATTACH THE PHOTOS!
Default Official Entry - Round 1 RENOVATION
I throw my hands up in the air sometimes, saying "Hey-o, I got it finished!".... Gonna post it up and then do some work, but first I'm gonna, gonna eat stuff...

Got Your Style
Welcome back to the former site of St. William's Church! We have had a very busy construction season, but are pleased to report that our new occupants, famous Sims fashion brand Got Your Style (GYS) have successfully launched their first store in Loch Namara!

For ease of judging, I've marked the load-bearing walls in yellow as Phae did, and have marked where fixtures/plumbing had been shifted from. Ignore the stupid shelf that randomly appeared in the middle of the staff room.

(Random tidbit of information: so those comfy waiting areas around the dressing rooms? My family jokingly calls them the "Husband Parking Lots", because every time you see one outside a clothing store or inside a clothing store, who's all sitting there? THE HUSBANDS. )
Alchemist
#415 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 6:48 AM
I hate to do this, but Im going to have to drop out completely, Havnt even loaded my game this week let alone sit at the computer for more than 5 minutes. We have been doing the whole night time toilet training thing with my youngest, and almost every night he has gone through, so it has been almost 3 weeks of broken sleeps, inbetween 2 jobs, one at night and one on the weekend, not to mention standard days of looking after the kids, housework etc, Im burnt out and just dont have the time I hoped to commit to this project, especially when you have to go back to the drawing board!

I wish everyone luck and will enjoy watching it unfold from the sidelines, will slide over to the juice bar and sneak a bit of something stronger into the brew!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#416 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ekrubynaffit
I hate to do this, but Im going to have to drop out completely, Havnt even loaded my game this week let alone sit at the computer for more than 5 minutes. We have been doing the whole night time toilet training thing with my youngest, and almost every night he has gone through, so it has been almost 3 weeks of broken sleeps, inbetween 2 jobs, one at night and one on the weekend, not to mention standard days of looking after the kids, housework etc, Im burnt out and just dont have the time I hoped to commit to this project, especially when you have to go back to the drawing board!

I wish everyone luck and will enjoy watching it unfold from the sidelines, will slide over to the juice bar and sneak a bit of something stronger into the brew!

So sad to hear you are dropping out. It was good having you in the contest. That's what real lifetime Duty does to us. We will miss you
Mad Poster
#417 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 2:05 PM
Tiffany Making you an extra strong fermented juice! Strongs with the hectic period; I hope things will start to run smoothly for you soon.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#418 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 4:29 PM
I'm sorry to hear that ekrubynaffit, if you find yourself with more time later in the competition, we'd love to have you back!

Everyone, Round 2 shells are due THIS MONDAY. I've only given passing City Inspections to Forever and kanzen, get them in! Don't forget, I won't be around as much on Saturday or Sunday, so try to at least get inspections in before end of Friday (floor plans!), use the weekend to grunge and take awesome photos.
Mad Poster
#419 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 7:10 PM
Here we go with the shell and floor plans. ( Still have some work to do on this one, but I think it is good enough to apply for approval to apply for a building permit )

Off the fermented juice bar I go!
Screenshots
retired moderator
Original Poster
#420 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 7:14 PM
Justpetro, you are good to go! Your fences are a bit excessive, but everything else seems spot on!
Mad Poster
#421 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 7:21 PM
Thank you - I am still fiddling with the outside, so the fences will probably change
Mad Poster
#422 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 11:26 PM
...I've only given passing City Inspections to Forever and kanzen...

OOOOPS! I thought I had mine too! Well... pictures are done - so I hope I'm OK! (I say done; they are taken, and half of them are prepped *sigh*) I should get them up in a day or two - def. by Monday

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#423 Old 14th Oct 2016 at 3:02 AM
I'm quite stressed about the moving...There are a lot of stuff we have to either pack or sell and there's not much progress in both =)))
Hopefully I'll get the complete shell by Monday. It doesn't seem like we're packing my PC up soon since it'll be on the plane with us. phew!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#424 Old 14th Oct 2016 at 7:33 PM Last edited by porkypine : 15th Oct 2016 at 4:49 AM.
Hi Phae, I plan on finalizing my factory tonight - at least for the floor plans. (Been super busy with real life this week)

It's an old, brick parachute factory - 3 stories with a railcar loading dock in back and a truck loading dock in front and employee parking on the side.

My mom worked in a parachute factory during the Viet Nam war so the building is modeled somewhat on that building.

Prior to that is was a garment factory. (Yea cokeandasmile!)

added 7:41 pm - AAGHHHhh! My game died! I am reinstalling just Mansion and Gardens. Hopefully the game will load...

added 9:48 pm. Waaaa! I got my game up and running again but I lost my factory. Well, Time to build it better and bigger!
Mad Poster
#425 Old 15th Oct 2016 at 11:57 AM
Can I ask - I'm a little confused. The first post says applications are still being accepted. Does that mean we can enter round 2 if we did not compete in round 1? I mean, whether I complete a shell to spec before Monday is the challenge, but, I'm interested all the same. If I did miss round two, would it be possible for me to enter round 3?

Either way I love this contest and will definitely be following everyone's entries! :lovestruc

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...

Page 17 of 37