Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#451 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 7:13 AM
Question - Number of screenshots allowed for entry? (Because I have more )
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#452 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 12:18 PM
Thanks for your comments, Phae!

I will have a look at perhaps reworking the design; I had literally no time Monday (I took my driving test, unfortunately failed, and then had to work from midday to evening) I have some time today and possibly tomorrow, it depends how much driving time they give me. First, though, I'll take a couple more photos as-is, so if I am not happy with the reworked design, I'll just submit the current one as shell only.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#453 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 3:19 PM
Petro, go ahead and add more, just don't go overboard with it.

simsfreq, oh no! That sucks about your test. What you managed to put together with literally no guidance was pretty impressive, and you should be pleased with the result, it just stinks that it doesn't work for the reno. If you don't get around to it, don't worry, we've got two more rounds!

Church to retail renos are due a week from tomorrow, how is everyone coming along with them?
Mad Poster
#454 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 5:01 PM
Can I ask a question about the manager's office - is it supposed to be actually on the balcony/accessible directly from the balcony level?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
retired moderator
Original Poster
#455 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 5:06 PM
Yup, that is generally where they are supposed to go. The idea was that the manager can keep an eye on what's happening on the work floor without leaving his office.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#456 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 6:39 PM Last edited by porkypine : 19th Oct 2016 at 6:55 PM.
lol.. My building is too big to just look out a window. It makes the manager/foreman get up and walk around on the catwalks (balconies) above the workfloor. (They can't get too pudgy supervising that factory)

I'll hafta go back and put in a wall window.

I put in a window for the manager to look out over the floor but you can't see it in the overhead. The manager/foreman needs to go out on the catwalks to view the whole floor. The catwalks surround the work and go to the storage areas.
Mad Poster
#457 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 7:51 PM
Forum Resident
#458 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 9:57 PM
@Phaenoh
posted my entry yesterday here in case you missed it :3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#459 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 8:52 PM
Ok, I came down with a cold last night and I'm just totes out of it right now. I don't have the banner graphic done for R3, (but I do have R4 ready, dunno what I was thinking that day), but I'm sure y'all can manage for a few days without the pretty graphic. I'll attach my example photos here until I get the actual graphic made. Here it is:

An older residential section of the city is in need of some help. Many of the old Victorian estate houses are being divided up into multi-family houses and some have been vacant for so long they are nearly unsalvageable. The old house the neighborhood association wants to save has some real charm to it and is nicely centrally located in the neighborhood on a 2x3 (deep) lot. If the city were to demolish it, it could do some real damage to the surrounding property values, but as it stands right now, the city doesn't have much choice. This pretty painted lady has 3 floors. On the main floor it has a parlor, dining room, kitchen, pantry, back entrance, and servants' quarters. On the middle floor there are 2 master bedrooms each with their own sitting rooms, and one full bath. The top floor tucked under the roof has children's or servants rooms, a larger nursery/playroom connecting them all, and another full bathroom directly above the second floor one's plumbing. The exterior exudes charm and cute ridiculousness. There is also parking for 2+ in the back. See the included images for basic styling.

Judges, go ahead and get started on scoring the warehouses. You have 8 buildings to look at. For the ones without entries or wips linked to, please pick the 0 from the spreadsheet for those.
Screenshots
Scholar
#460 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 9:57 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss! VICTORIAN HOUSES FTW!
Forum Resident
#461 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 10:36 PM
I still have my wip linked at the front ): i hope they dont judge that when i have an entry already
Field Researcher
#462 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 10:44 PM
What's a wip?

Victorian! I have never built a victorian house before, let's see how this goes! It's been an amazing learning experience, this contest.
Link Ninja
#463 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PanAm103
What's a wip?

Work In Progress

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#464 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 11:29 PM
WIP = Work-In-Progress

Edit: Wow, ninjaed.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#465 Old 20th Oct 2016 at 2:24 AM
kanzen, your actual entry is what the judges will see, I have them working from a google docs and I made sure to update that.
Scholar
#466 Old 20th Oct 2016 at 3:03 AM
I'm feeling like I'm maybe a bit too much of a keener ATM, so I won't do a full city check - but I'll throw up some prelim floor plans. I haven't fully stylified/grungified the exterior yet, hence no street view... But is the floorplan itself on the right track?

(I've included a picture of the inspiration house for vague exterior reference)
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#467 Old 20th Oct 2016 at 3:05 AM
Sorry been a bit busy, are we supposed to be judging yet?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Link Ninja
#468 Old 20th Oct 2016 at 5:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Sorry been a bit busy, are we supposed to be judging yet?

Yes, we can start judging. Phae linked all the entries/WIP in the second tab of the sheet she sent us for judging.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#469 Old 20th Oct 2016 at 5:52 AM
@Charmful where is the second tab? Is it a separate sheet as I don't see it on the sheet I was using before.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Link Ninja
#470 Old 20th Oct 2016 at 6:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@Charmful where is the second tab? Is it a separate sheet as I don't see it on the sheet I was using before.

I PM'd you a screenshot of where to locate it

Forum Resident
#471 Old 20th Oct 2016 at 7:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
kanzen, your actual entry is what the judges will see, I have them working from a google docs and I made sure to update that.

Alright, thank you
retired moderator
Original Poster
#472 Old 20th Oct 2016 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ForeverCamp
I'm feeling like I'm maybe a bit too much of a keener ATM, so I won't do a full city check - but I'll throw up some prelim floor plans. I haven't fully stylified/grungified the exterior yet, hence no street view... But is the floorplan itself on the right track?

Close, you need 4 rooms on the middle floor: "On the middle floor there are 2 master bedrooms *each* with their own sitting rooms..." Draw a wall down the middle of your rooms and have the bedroom door open into the sitting room rather than the hallway and you've got it.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#473 Old 20th Oct 2016 at 9:51 PM Last edited by porkypine : 20th Oct 2016 at 10:20 PM.
Victorian refurbish! What fun!

Hey guys, an authenticity note for the Victorian mansions: The servants had their own skinny staircases in the back of the house that they used to go up and down. They never used the main staircases. The home's owners used the grand staircases in the front of the house. There were laundry chutes to the basement laundry area and where the coal furnaces are located. The bathrooms had claw-foot tubs, stand alone sinks and toilets with water tanks up high for gravity feed flushes. Bathrooms did have more room than a 2 by 6. The toilet was often in a small room whereas the tub area had more space.

In the upper floors, the bathrooms were in the back of the suites. Sometimes there was only one bath on the upper floor with a jack and jill entry through a large walk through closet/dressing area. The front of the house contained the suite's sitting area. the middle section was the sleeping area and the back contained the dressing room going to large walk in closet to the bath area. The servants drew the baths. The central 'main' stairs separated the suites.

The kitchens were workhorses, not pretty showrooms. Guests did not enter the kitchen or servant work areas so they were functional, not decorative. Usually just plain white walls with tiling. They were large and functional, often with a fireplace for roasting large cuts of meat. Stoves were coal or wood burners. Large center islands for prepping foods. There were food pantrys, butler's pantrys and rooms for china and silver service prep located off the kitchens. Dumbwaiters were used to haul loads to the upper floors where the upstairs servants removed the contents.

All that is pertinent for a Victorian surrounded by land/garden area.

In the cities. They wanted to minimize the 'rural' aspect, so there was only a tiny greenery on the front entry. The houses were 2 rooms wide and 4 to 6 rooms deep with the staircase on the sides of house rather than in the middle of the house. The inner city's Victorians had light shafts for the inner rooms.

Many of the most luxurious Victorians had ballrooms.

Here's a link to Historic Victorian floor plans.
Historic Victorian Floor Plans
Scholar
#474 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 1:29 AM
All right, forget this whole "Wait a few days before submitting for inspection" business. :P

Here's mine!
Screenshots
retired moderator
Original Poster
#475 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 3:52 AM
Campy, love it, good to go!

Page 19 of 37