Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2022 at 5:33 AM
Default De-Townify CC Hair?
So I've got a hairstyle that I really, really like that's got like, over 13,000 polys, and I want to de-townify it. I didn't make it, so... By the way, it's this one: https://digitalangelsblog.wordpress...ersion-of-this/
It's a cool and cute hairstyle, but considering the polycount, I know it could easily tank my poor game. So, does anybody know how to DE-townify stuff? I mean, I could even use this knowledge for other CC too. Thank you!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Jul 2022 at 8:51 PM
Change the "flags" line in all the Property Set resources in the file to 0x00000008, commit and save.
(you'll have to do it for all the recolor files).

Sims who already has a hair assigned to them will not be affected by the change.

Hat has a tutorial/tiptorial here that can come in handy. It doesn't show how to de-townify, but has a lot of info on how to townify and what the categories actually do, so you can figure out a lot of stuff from it and do some reverse-engineering. https://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/34791.html
Space Pony
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jul 2022 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Change the "flags" line in all the Property Set resources in the file to 0x00000008, commit and save.

Sims who already has a hair assigned to them will not be affected by the change.

Hat has a tutorial/tiptorial here that can come in handy. It doesn't show how to de-townify, but has a lot of info on how to townify and what the categories actually do, so you can figure out a lot of stuff from it and do some reverse-engineering. https://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/34791.html

Interesting. Thank you! Perhaps I can apply this to other things too. Much appreciated!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Jul 2022 at 1:40 AM

I do have one other question, though--- can I still do this if I've merged the recolors? Thanks again!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 11th Jul 2022 at 1:48 AM
That one seems to be spesifically for hairs. There are other values you have to change for clothes and other CAS items, like clothes.

I think you should be able to use it for merged ones, but only if you've got the recolors of that one hair merged. If you've got several hairs merged and just want one hair de-townified, telling them apart is probably going to be more difficult.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Jul 2022 at 2:23 AM
That one seems to be spesifically for hairs. There are other values you have to change for clothes and other CAS items, like clothes.

I think you should be able to use it for merged ones, but only if you've got the recolors of that one hair merged. If you've got several hairs merged and just want one hair de-townified, telling them apart is probably going to be more difficult.

Oh, I just have the recolors merged. I learned my lesson long ago on including the meshes, lol. Thanks!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Jul 2022 at 2:31 AM

Oh dear, there's 92 instances, I think, if you count all merged recolors. Help.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 11th Jul 2022 at 3:50 AM
You don't have to write the full "0x00000008" into the boxes. You only have to fill in the number that's after all the zeros, in this case 8, and SimPE autofills the zeros.

You can click the "PropertySet" resource in the Resource Tree so only those will show in the Resource View. When you commit the changes the text should change to italics, so you see which ones you've changed (you have to commit before going to the next PropertySet, but you don't need to save until you've finished, so that's one step less you don't have to think about - can be a good idea to save a couple times in between, though).

When you don't have to open every single file, you also save some time on that.