Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2023 at 1:54 AM Last edited by Andytampan : 23rd Mar 2023 at 1:55 AM. Reason: Incorrect Image
Default Messed Up Floor Tiles
I tried to load up one of the households, and for some reason, it looks like this

I tried to replace the floor tile but It was not helpful, then I moved the household and the problem persisted

(Please tell me if the quality of the image is not good enough.)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2023 at 2:16 AM
Is it the stripes, or the random shadows, or both?

Do you have a zoomed-in picture of the floor tiles, too? Does it change when you zoom in/out?

Can you take a picture of your settings ingame? This could be linked to lowered settings, such as texture details, especially if the floors are CC.

(The grass looks a bit low-res, which is what's making me suspect this - but it's hard to tell if it's just the zoomed out picture that causes the blurriness).

Could also be tied to a lighting mod that's not installed properly.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2023 at 3:03 AM Last edited by Andytampan : 23rd Mar 2023 at 3:11 AM. Reason: Clarification
1. Both.

No, It does not change.
Also,
Replacing the floor fixes the texture but not the lightning.

I don't have any cc except invisible floor tiles.

4. I do not have any lighting mod
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2023 at 3:56 AM
Try lighting on medium (or high), texture detail on medium (or high), and sim/object detail on high, and see if any of those change anything.

If you prefer low settings or need to because of a low-spec computer, try each setting by its own to see which one is actually helping, so you don't have to max out all of them.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2023 at 11:44 AM
Does the game recognize your GPU? If you could post your config-log. Also, if you must use low settings, try turning reflections off, it should allow the detail settings to be higher.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2023 at 10:31 PM
If you are playing on a lower end computer try turning snow, shadows and reflections off, You could also try dusting it out with a can of compressed air if it hasn't been cleaned in a long time as dust can cause graphical issues. Also use a cooling pad if its a lap top.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Mar 2023 at 1:47 AM
The floor problem has been fixed, but the shadow still works incorrectly. Even if I turn off the shadow as the lightning. Also, the shadow problem is tied to wall and platform. Objects work normally.