Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2023 at 11:51 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default i don't know how to make my sims 2 pictures bigger and good size and graphics
hello, I would like you to help me with my Sims 2 photos, I want to make the photos of my Sims 2 creations Large with a good size and good graphics, but I don't know how, if you know how and with which program I can, I will be very grateful
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Mar 2023 at 3:56 PM
I use Greenshot, but there's a bit of a learning curve. Fraps and Gadwin are popular, but I've always found that they flake out on you eventually. You'll do well to try out a number of screenshot programs and figure out which one works best with your hardware and most intuitively for you.

But software is only part of it. Most of it, honestly, is just taking lots and lots and lots and lots of pictures till you get good at it. Use the tab key to gain the cameraman features and the hot keys to use them - zooming in, changing angle, all that. Experiment with different brightness and color saturation, and view the results on different devices to take into account monitor differences. Take a dozen shots and throw out all but one and if you can't decide on that one, take another dozen incorporating what you've learned.

And keep your goal in mind. To make a decision about CC, we need to see it close enough, large enough, and from the correct angle(s) to make our decision about how it fits in with the rest of our game, and in normal game lighting. If you're taking photos in bodyshop, you'll have to deal with the problem of bodyshop lighting. If you're taking photos of eye liner, you'll need to get close enough to see details of the eye liner. If you're sharing a lot, walls up floor plans from close enough that and with enough contrast that we can tell which room is which. Decide what the salient features are, make sure you give the viewer a good look at each, and let the rest go. There is no perfect, only good enough.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Mar 2023 at 4:19 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 29th Mar 2023 at 4:24 AM.
Just in case you don't want to mess around with a screenshot program - if you have Windows 10 and above (possible this works in some lower versions, too), you can use Printscreen (possibly also Alt, if the Printscreen key shares space with another) + the Windows key, and the pictures will show up in this location:

C:\Users\USERNAME\Pictures\Screenshots

A screenshot program will let you do things like setting a different key for taking pictures, or choose format, and various other things, so they can be useful.

If you want to edit the pictures, you'll need some sort of picture/photo editing program (Photoshop, Gimp, or similar).

(I use Gadwin Printscreen, the free version. There's a Pro one that comes with a simple picture editing program, but you have to pay for it and I already have a program for that so it's not something I need. Anyway, I kinda like Gadwin. It used to have issues with fullscreen programs, and would capture them black, but I've played windowed ever since I discovered that was the solution, so wouldn't be surprised if it's been fixed - we're talking pre-2010. It lets you choose format, picture name, key, etc., no annoying ads, and runs silently - you can choose whether you want a "picture taken" popup or not).

---

It also helps to get a camera mod that lets you get closer, especially in the TAB mode. I've used Gunmod's camera mod for years (honestly not sure which one it is, I've just kept the files - but there are several mods like this).

Doesn't help much with a large picture of a tiny item, so make sure you get close enough to the item(s).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Mar 2023 at 10:33 PM
I use Fraps https://fraps.com/download.php It takes BMP shots
I then use FastStone Resizer because most places won't accept BMP shots as they are too large.
https://www.faststone.org/download.htm You just click the photos over to the right, set it to what you want, png or jpg and tell it where you want the photos, click convert.
Both of these are free and still work on windows 10. I don't know about 11.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 28th Mar 2023 at 11:28 PM
The one I still use is ScreenHunter. The newer versions are full of adverts and nags, but the older free version is the nicest little screenshot program I've found. You can save as JPG, BMP or GIF and choose hotkey, save destination and sequential or date-based filename.
The one I'm using is the last one they did before going to nagware, I can't find it to download from a reputable site so I uploaded it here if anyone wants it:
https://simfileshare.net/download/3753344/