Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2023 at 9:36 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 - Inteenmater Flavor Paks not working
Hello, I need help with Inteen and I can't seem to find other people having the same issue as me.

I've been using the mod for a while and I was quite annoyed by how the Sims would stop attending school 7 days in. This became even more of a problem when I started playing using custom lifespans, as they would outright refuse to attend school (I changed my teenage sims lifestages to be 5 days instead of 14).
Following that I installed a couple Flavor packs, among which was the NoAdultTeens Flavor pack, which in theory should allow your teenage Sims to allow school again. The file shows up fine when I boot up the Sims 2 and look up it in the custom content tab, but in practice it seems to have no effect whatsoever.
Tried with multiple Sims as well.
I really don't want to manually edit the Sims lifespans again (I'd make the teen lifestage a lot longer and the manually age them up/send them off to college once they stop attending school) so I was wondering if anyone here might know what the issue is? I'm pretty sure I followed all the instructions that came with the Inteen installation guide perfectly so the only other option I'm thinking is a possible mod conflict.
I've tried using the HCDU by Lazy Duchess, but this is all that comes up in regards to that specific Flavor pack.

As far as I know, this conflict is meant to show up? (The guide I used specifically stated that the Flavor packs do conflict with the main Inteen mod and overwrite its functions, that's kind of the point) I'm at complete loss.

This is my first time posting on ModTheSims, sorry if I'm not being specific enough. (As a side note, yes, I do have more mods than InTeen- but this is the first time I'm having issues with it!)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Mar 2023 at 9:55 PM
Inteen doesn't play well with custom lifespans in my experience. It's part of why I stopped using it. I think Inteen stops teens from going to school once they're around eight days from aging up, so if your teens are only teens for five days, they won't go to school at all.

That particular conflict is supposed to be there. I suspect you have another mod conflict. Sometimes mods can conflict without popping up in HCDU.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Instructor
#3 Old 29th Mar 2023 at 10:35 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Mar 2023 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whoward69
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=647497

Wow, thank you so much!! I actually couldn't get it to work until I touched Inteenmater_B for whatever reason, but now it works perfectly!