Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2023 at 11:29 AM Last edited by GingerxNinjax : 8th Mar 2023 at 11:40 AM.
Default How to avoid this SWAF Glitch?
Hello,
I was watching April Black's corruption video and came across something about SWAF (Sim Wants And Fears, which she also spoke about on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/sims2/comm...r_the_hood_has/
+ even on here at MTS: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=668123) that generated over 300 want trees and was game breaking material. Im wondering if the game does this intentionally and if it does how to avoid it when it happens so you dont lose your progress even with backups, and if it doesn't then maybe im worrying for nothing, but if anyone could answer this i would appreciate it.

Thankyou

Im going to be playing in Mainhood Pleasantview with clean subhoods (Strangetown, Veronaville, Desiderata Valley, Belladonna Cove) attached with clean templates by Jawsua which doesn't add the special family bin families from each expansion pack respectively (Samantha Ottomas, Cyd Roseland) and adding (then deleting) Plumbtales + Meetme2theriver's versions of clean NPCs also as subhoods which they said you can safely delete once putting in your neighbourhood.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 9th Mar 2023 at 2:32 AM Last edited by GingerxNinjax : 9th Mar 2023 at 2:49 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by GingerxNinjax
Hello,
I was watching April Black's corruption video and came across something about SWAF (Sim Wants And Fears, which she also spoke about on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/sims2/comm...r_the_hood_has/
+ even on here at MTS: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=668123) that generated over 300 want trees and was game breaking material. Im wondering if the game does this intentionally and if it does how to avoid it when it happens so you dont lose your progress even with backups, and if it doesn't then maybe im worrying for nothing, but if anyone could answer this i would appreciate it.

Thankyou

Im going to be playing in Mainhood Pleasantview with clean subhoods (Strangetown, Veronaville, Desiderata Valley, Belladonna Cove) attached with clean templates by Jawsua which doesn't add the special family bin families from each expansion pack respectively (Samantha Ottomas, Cyd Roseland) and adding (then deleting) Plumbtales + Meetme2theriver's versions of clean NPCs also as subhoods which they said you can safely delete once putting in your neighbourhood.

I realised that this problem is possibly called Dangling Sim Wants and Fears (SWAF). Is there anyway to avoid this? I really hope someone can get back to me on this it's kinda freaking me out
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Mar 2023 at 2:51 AM
If you watch April's video, she clearly says that it is unknown why this happens and the only thing you can do is keep backups.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Mar 2023 at 8:43 PM
When or if this does occur will hoodchecker be able to detect it? I think it would put me at alot of ease if this were the case if something like this did happen hoodchecker will detect it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 9th Mar 2023 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GingerxNinjax
When or if this does occur will hoodchecker be able to detect it?

In your first post, you linked April's thread on MTS which shows that you can detect these with hoodchecker, and that this was in fact how she discovered them. I would stop worrying and play- make a backup of each play session and if anything goes wrong you can backpedal.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Mar 2023 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
In your first post, you linked April's thread on MTS which shows that you can detect these with hoodchecker, and that this was in fact how she discovered them. I would stop worrying and play- make a backup of each play session and if anything goes wrong you can backpedal.

Your awesome thankyou so much