Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2023 at 8:44 PM Last edited by noprobllama : 11th Mar 2023 at 9:23 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default need help with a lot, please!
I recently downloaded this lot: https://modthesims.info/d/455876/datsnaaz.html

I'm trying to clean it of references so I can install it safely, but nothing happens when I open it in SimPE. Everything's blank. Same thing if I use the Clean Installer to install it into a folder and open one of the resulting files in SimPE. What am I doing wrong? Thank you!

EDIT: This is now happening with other downloaded lots. Opening with SimPE doesn't work, as mentioned above. Installing it using the Clean Installer does not make it show up in my game so I can't place it. When I try to open the lots folder with Lot Compressor, it does not detect the .package file (yes, I tried changing the clean installer's settings to create a .package file, it's there, the Lot Compressor just doesn't list it as a file I can open). I have no idea what's up because I've previously installed custom lots with no issues.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Mar 2023 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by noprobllama
I recently downloaded this lot: https://modthesims.info/d/455876/datsnaaz.html

I'm trying to clean it of references so I can install it safely, but nothing happens when I open it in SimPE. Everything's blank. Same thing if I use the Clean Installer to install it into a folder and open one of the resulting files in SimPE. What am I doing wrong? Thank you!

Are you using the Lot Compressor? This is the easiest method. The lot opens in SimPE for me, did you unzip it from the RAR?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Mar 2023 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Are you using the Lot Compressor? This is the easiest method.

You must be psychic because I juuuust edited my post to clarify this! Yes, I've tried the Lot Compressor and it doesn't work either. It just doesn't detect the lots' files in the folder (no matter what I use Clean Installer to install them as -- for example, if I pick the .package file option, the Lot Compressor still doesn't show it). I can't place them in the game because they don't show up there either.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Mar 2023 at 9:32 PM
Okay since I was in SimPE looking at the lot I cleaned it in simPE.

I'm not sure what you have going on, but it sounds more like a program issue as I had no issues with it.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Datsnaaz Clean.rar (1,002.4 KB, 1 downloads)

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Mar 2023 at 9:45 PM
Thank you so much!! You're a lifesaver!