Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2023 at 2:23 AM
Default 2 Questions that hopefully can be answered
Hey there!
I have 2 Questions that hopefully can be answered on here by someone who knows their technical stuff.

Question 1: im wanting to age down a already premade sim into a teenager so they can go to college (Dina Caliente for example) but they have businesses in the Bluewater Village neighbourhood that they live in. When i sell the lots back to community the owner plague is still there in my sims inventory even tho they are no longer the owner. I usually sell it but is it safe to do this?

Question 2:
Sometimes i like downloading custom houses on the internet and install them with clean pack installer always. But once i place the lot in my neighbourhood i get the urge to delete the lot from the houses&lot bin. Is this safe to do? I have done it before with no problems but i just need to be sure just in case. Im starting a new hood soon and im not wanting to break it because i deleted a lot from the houses&lots bin because the lot is in my neighbourhood now and I don't want duplicates.

Thankyou
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Mar 2023 at 3:23 AM
Question 1: Yes, there's no weird data attached. The deed is just a piece of paper. Teens can own community lots and YAs can run them from college, btw - there's no real need to sell the business, from the mechanical point of view.

Question 2: Deleting houses from the lot bin cannot hurt any neighborhood. It may be unwise if you ever want to reuse that house, but it's perfectly safe for the game. The lot bin exists outside of all neighborhoods and is accessible from all of them. Sims should never enter it, but lots empty of sims (including tombstones) can come and go freely.

You will probably find that studying up on what corruption is and how it's caused will relieve your anxiety about a lot of things. We know much, much more about it than we did even five years ago.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Mar 2023 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Question 1: Yes, there's no weird data attached. The deed is just a piece of paper. Teens can own community lots and YAs can run them from college, btw - there's no real need to sell the business, from the mechanical point of view.

Question 2: Deleting houses from the lot bin cannot hurt any neighborhood. It may be unwise if you ever want to reuse that house, but it's perfectly safe for the game. The lot bin exists outside of all neighborhoods and is accessible from all of them. Sims should never enter it, but lots empty of sims (including tombstones) can come and go freely.

You will probably find that studying up on what corruption is and how it's caused will relieve your anxiety about a lot of things. We know much, much more about it than we did even five years ago.

Thankyou so much i definitely feel alot more better about corruption then i did years ago (mostly thanks to April Black) If i feel like something doesn't feel right or might break my game i usually write a post and someone like you thankfully puts my nerves to ease