Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2023 at 8:05 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Why does some apartment builds let your sim rent several apartments at the same time?
Doing my makeover of Belladonna Cove am i struggling with some apartments being incorrect rented out.

Examples the Baldwin family also rent the apartment opposite them, which doesn't make sense. It leaves the apartment empty with lights on and make both rent for the Baldwin's higher and bills more expensive than they need to be.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what should cause it since i have the apartments clearly separated. This problem has also happened with a few of my original builds but again i don't know what should cause it to happen. I mean the walls is clearly as it should be and yet it seems to treat the neighboring apartment as well - the rented apartment right beside it.

Does anyone know if it's a bug or mod which can cause this issue to arise despite the clearly marked apartment.

Or are Apartments really forced to be boxes to work?

I build small houses *^*
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2023 at 8:57 PM
I think we'd have to see a good clear shot of the floor plan to help with that. I've never had an issue like this, but almost all apartment glitches are down to CC that wasn't updated to work with apartment code, or subtle errors in the floor plan.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2023 at 10:25 PM
Apartments are glitchy. Even without CC.

One thing they can 'react to' is any cheat used to open them up to build after sims are moved in.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2023 at 11:23 PM
Neither of those are in play. I don't play with CC and since it happens on custom apartments idk... Hmmm but it seem to happen if the bathroom is leaning up against the neighbor.

I build small houses *^*
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 24th Mar 2023 at 12:39 AM
Perhaps a screenshot would help.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Mar 2023 at 8:44 AM
So here is the floor in the whole building which won't work properly. It decides to rent out the whole floor instead of just the apartment on the left V-V

Be in mind this happens to nearly any apartment building, so I'm about to give up apartments for normal housing out of being annoyed
Screenshots

I build small houses *^*
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 24th Mar 2023 at 12:26 PM
That's strange, would you be prepared to package the lot and send it to me, it looks like you've used all Maxis assets so I could put it in a test hood and take a look. I can't see in that picture anything that would cause an issue, but it's difficult to see everything from an image. Also, if you haven't already, try dragging your Documents\EAGames\The Sims 2 folder to the desktop and running the game to make a new one, then copy paste the hood in there without CC to see if that works.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 24th Mar 2023 at 3:05 PM
I've never had that isssue with any of my own custom built apartment lots though it did happen once on my first copy of Apartment Life and once in the second one with one of the EA apartment lots though not with my builds.I've got a Mod that lets sims rent furnished apartments and another disabling the generation of NPC neighbors as those were glitchy and often getting into fights.It makes the option to rent another apartment unitl instead of the old one if the family has outgrown the old unit.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Mar 2023 at 8:58 PM
While I have both mods, that's still not the problem, even though I think the mod might have happened thank to rent the apartment furnished. It only happens when I don't have a clear box seperation or a hallway seperation. It's a bit sad I need a hallway to solve my issues going all the way across the apartment block...

I guess I must live with it though-

I build small houses *^*