Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2021 at 11:29 PM
Default Teens going into adult aspiration failure?
I've looked around but I don't think this has been made (or discussed) yet. I've been wanting to make a mod like this for a while, but I'm not sure where to begin.

So I'm sure you've noticed, teens in TS2 have the same aspirations as adults, young adults and elders. But when their aspiration hits rock bottom they don't have breakdowns, talk to inanimate objects or visit from the therapist. I can guess why this is -- they're still kids and they shouldn't have to deal with that amount of stress, lol -- but anyway I just want to see if this is possible.

With the allmenus cheat, they can do the 'desperation' animations just fine, and they seem to be voiced. If a teen is treated as an adult (with SimPE or inTeen), they can have breakdowns, but I'm not sure how the game would fill in the voices. So, I assume there aren't many serious roadblocks in the way.

Does anyone know where I should look in the game files where this might be stored? Is it as easy as ticking a few boxes or will I need to figure out a whole bunch of code?
Screenshots

Why not be kind?