Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"CounterCulture" Modular Kitchen Set *UPD 20mar08*

by MaryLou & Numenor Posted 24th Mar 2006 at 10:50 PM - Updated 20th Mar 2008 at 9:03 PM by MaryLou & Numenor : Fridge updated to FreeTime

248 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 244 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 10
Field Researcher
#126 Old 28th Apr 2006 at 11:13 AM
this reminds me a lot of the sims 1's curvy style counter. good work!

you're all a bunch of nerds like me <3
Field Researcher
#127 Old 2nd May 2006 at 12:26 PM
This is not only great Sim-object design, but excellent furniture design, period! Those angled connecting pieces are genius.

Big THANKS to both of you!!
Test Subject
#128 Old 6th May 2006 at 1:59 AM
This falls under the subtle, yet highly regarded heading of "Brilliantly Awesome".
I've been waiting for this for a LOOOONG time!

Muchos Thank-o's, folks.
Test Subject
#129 Old 17th May 2006 at 2:41 PM
These are great, I hated those metal sides of appliances.
thank you

"As finishing touch God created the DUTCH!"
Instructor
#130 Old 24th May 2006 at 4:35 PM
Cool, i like it!
Test Subject
#131 Old 25th May 2006 at 4:44 AM
Default Brilliant!
I haven't tried it yet. But, if it does everything you claim, it is, by far, one of the most useful hacks I have ever had the pleasure of downloading. Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#132 Old 27th May 2006 at 3:49 AM
Great work on the counters I'm using them all the time now I love them.One question though where can I get the purple re-color and other re-colors of this counter? Help would be greatly appriciated. thanks

I'm sure I don't know darling I just covered the basics
The ModFather
retired moderator
#133 Old 27th May 2006 at 10:22 AM
What purple recolour? The CounterCulture set uses the same recolours as the Maxis counters, and in the screenshots you can see only Maxis original colours...

Anyway, any recolour made for the original Maxis CounterCulture counters will automatically apply to our kitchen set, too (except for the appliances); so, try browsing the download forum in search of recolours for the Maxis counters.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#134 Old 27th May 2006 at 4:51 PM
Hi Numenor, sorry for being confused, but in the screenshot at the top of this page, the 3 pic. on the right looks like purple or lavender to me, for some reason that colour is not showing up in my game. I have been doing searches to see if there are more colours for this set. Anyway thanks for your help and for the counters!

The ModFather
retired moderator
#135 Old 27th May 2006 at 5:18 PM
Oh, it's just a light effect... That colour is the Maxis dark brown, included with the original CounterCulture counters.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#136 Old 27th May 2006 at 5:53 PM
Weeelllll now I feel incredibly oh let me see what word should I use...STUPID! LOL I have been searching and searching for a purple counter no wonder I couldn't find it there isn't one hahahaha. Oh my heavens I have been driving myself crazy trying to find it. In the meantime I have downloaded your tut. on recolouring so maybe I'll have a go at it. But if I can't tell the difference between purple and brown I better hang it up. Thanks for getting back to me on this and straightening me out. I really appreciate your help and everything you make!!!!!

Instructor
#137 Old 29th May 2006 at 8:56 AM
This is very great download. But if I put Maxi's dishwasher or trashcan into your counters it makes error in the game: my Sim cannot put plate to dishwasher or rubbish in trashcan. Also when comes fireman he was not able to extinguish a fire and in his mind was appear this counter as obstacle on the way and he complained about it till I made enable buy-mode with cheater and removed your counter and Maxi's dishwasher. I'm sorry, but in this way I cannot use this object.
Field Researcher
#138 Old 31st May 2006 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katy_76
But if I put Maxi's dishwasher or trashcan into your counters it makes error in the game: my Sim cannot put plate to dishwasher or rubbish in trashcan.Also when comes fireman he was not able to extinguish a fire and in his mind was appear this counter as obstacle on the way and he complained about it till I made enable buy-mode with cheater and removed your counter and Maxi's dishwasher. I'm sorry, but in this way I cannot use this object.

I don't know why you get these problems. I'm sure our counters works fine with Maxis' dishwasher and trashcan. Also the fireman, he extinguishes a fire as always without any problem.

As you can see
Screenshots

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Instructor
#139 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaryLou
I don't know why you get these problems. I'm sure our counters works fine with Maxis' dishwasher and trashcan. Also the fireman, he extinguishes a fire as always without any problem.

As you can see

<<I don't know why you get these problems>> - I also don't know
I posted here my reply to see advice or suggestions. This is really interesting, because i'm playing without cheaters and global hacks, so normally this counter must work fine. I wanted to include this counter in my favorite objects. So i try to understand why this object dosn't work. If you have a idea, please, help me!!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#140 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 4:31 PM
Do you have any other download related to counters? I'm thinking that perhaps some custom counter (or dishwasher etc...), though officially declared as "safe" (not containing global modifications), might have some problem, possibly unknown to the creator himself...

Or maybe the lot you are playing has some problem? Does this issue occur in every lot, or in specific lots only?

You should try and remove from the downloads anything but the CounterCulture counters; then start the game and create a brand new lot (don't load existing lots: they won't be loaded properly, after removing all the downloads).

Instructor
#141 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Do you have any other download related to counters? I'm thinking that perhaps some custom counter (or dishwasher etc...), though officially declared as "safe" (not containing global modifications), might have some problem, possibly unknown to the creator himself...

Or maybe the lot you are playing has some problem? Does this issue occur in every lot, or in specific lots only?

You should try and remove from the downloads anything but the CounterCulture counters; then start the game and create a brand new lot (don't load existing lots: they won't be loaded properly, after removing all the downloads).

Thank you Numenor for your good advice! I tested how you wrote me here.
It's very difficult to explain by English but i will try. If i put any house in base game "The Sims 2"
into neighbourhood this house disappeared from "lots and houses"-bin.
When i installed all other EP's i wanted this houses again from pleasantview because they was
little and convenient to play.
So i took this houses from other computer (where only base game without EP's installed) as package-File
and copied custom to my folder with lots of neighbourhood.
And now if i put this houses in neighbourhood (with all EP installed) my Sims complain even about
standard objects, they cannot come to them. But if i build myself any house in the city it works.
And your counters also work.
I never thought that could be occure such problem.

Thank you for your good advice ones again.
The forum exists to help each other to find a solution, isn't?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#142 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 11:12 PM
I've perfectly understood your explanation
And I'm glad you found out the cause of this issue.

Field Researcher
#143 Old 10th Jun 2006 at 11:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Katy_76
If i put any house in base game "The Sims 2"
into neighbourhood this house disappeared from "lots and houses"-bin.
When i installed all other EP's i wanted this houses again from pleasantview because they was
little and convenient to play.
So i took this houses from other computer (where only base game without EP's installed) as package-File
and copied custom to my folder with lots of neighbourhood.
And now if i put this houses in neighbourhood (with all EP installed) my Sims complain even about
standard objects, they cannot come to them. But if i build myself any house in the city it works.
And your counters also work.
I never thought that could be occure such problem.

Thank you for your good advice ones again.
The forum exists to help each other to find a solution, isn't?

Hi Katy
I've perfectly understood your explanation too.
And I've got this problem too, becouse I've made the same thing. But it's very, very difficult for me to explain by my bad english my "little-solution".
I've made a lot of experiment to recover lots created in the game base ( or in a different EPs) that I want to play with any EPs. And, as you, I want some houses again from pleasantview, in the neighboorhood catalog.
If you don't know how you can, I'll try to explain you.

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Test Subject
#144 Old 10th Jun 2006 at 7:43 PM
I don't know if this has already been said, but I think it would be cool if there was a backing that sloped down to the surface.
Another cool thing you could do would be putting a rounded corner on the backing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#145 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 3:32 PM Last edited by MaryLou & Numenor : 17th Jun 2006 at 3:38 PM.
Default Breaking news!!!
"CounterCulture" Modular Hangings
by MaryLou & Numenor

Finally, the long-awaited update is here!

These new hanging modules will complete your modular CounterCulture kitchen in the best of taste! The new modules are:
  • Multi-model Shelves
  • Multi-model Shelves with Decorative Plates
  • Multi-model Corner
  • Multi-model Top Bracket
  • Multi-model Cooker Hood

Download them all from POST #2!

If you need to contact us, PM directly to "Numenor" or "MaryLou".

Please visit our sites: www.marylousims2.it and www.numenor-moddings.com
Lab Assistant
#146 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 1:10 AM
These look great thank you
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 2:07 AM
Grazie per aver fatto questi oggetti - bravi!!
Space Pony
#148 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 10:26 AM
That´s such a genious idea ! :clap: :clap: Thanx so much !

Silvi
Test Subject
#149 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 11:46 AM
Thank you, Very good!
Siete veramente bravi!..grazie mille
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 12:51 AM
Awesomeness. ^^
Page 6 of 10