Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 9:46 PM
Default One (1) Shade of Gray (for back porches)
Just looking for some more non-glitzy stuff for a run-down neighborhood. I don't know how it was in other places, but growing up in Chicago in the '70s and '80s, the back deck/stairs of practically every apartment building was painted an identical shade of battleship gray. Almost certainly lead paint. Since the infamous Chicago porch collapse (whenever that was), back decks have been better-built and as a result, folks have seen fit to maintain them better, but all I want is a dingy gray recolor of the most basic Maxis connecting stairs, and ideally, a gray wooden floor to go with it. They should be the "open" variety of stairs, with no vertical supports. If battleship gray doesn't exist, I'd take the "worn, bleached-out" look, the way utility poles get when they've lived out in the elements for decades, or ones that look like just bare wood.

Another possibility would be "open" iron stairs and railings, to simulate fire escapes. Or... actual fire escapes. I found some "industrial-looking" fire escape doors once, but no iron walkways to go with them.

The old gray porch, she ain't what she used to be.

A more recent porch; doesn't really look like much of an improvement.

P.S. I just found JadeRogers' 1x1 wooden floor for porch, so that's good for the deck itself for now. All I need are some moderately ugly gray stairs. Oh yeah, and a railing to match, I suppose.
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 12:20 AM
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 12:46 AM
That's definitely the sort of grey I mean. Thanks!
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
You might like the grey in this set: https://modthesims.info/d/573029/simple-build-set.html