Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional wading pool

by Echo Posted 25th Feb 2005 at 12:08 PM - Updated 28th Apr 2009 at 12:49 AM by Echo

262 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 258 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 11
Test Subject
#101 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 4:49 AM
Default so darn cute
Works great in the game. And there so darn cute to have on the deck. Will keep the kids outside so they get pleanty of sunshine. Don't forget the sunscreen...
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#102 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 5:13 AM
LoL! Maybe this will keep them from playing im piss puddles! (Eeeewww!!!)
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 10:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackKat13
LoL! Maybe this will keep them from playing im piss puddles! (Eeeewww!!!)

LMAO! Icky!

Mr. Pibb + Red Vines = Crazy Delicious
Test Subject
#104 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 11:35 AM
Nice, thankyou very much for sharing it!
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 1:35 PM
Echo this is fabulous, I've played it for a while with a child but not toddler yet, works great.
One kid prefer it more than the other but I didn't look at their neat/sloppy points to see if that was why.
Thank you I love this.
Banned
#106 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 2:23 PM
Awsome! You Rock!
Test Subject
#107 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 2:38 PM
Great idee. I love it
Thanks
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 4:52 PM
Wow Echo! You've done it again. I've read through every response for problems and it appears there are none that I need to worry about. I'm going to zip back up and download this. A BIG THANK YOU!!!
Field Researcher
#109 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 5:50 PM
Echo.... I have been testing this for a day or so and it seems its causing my game to crash. The first few times I tried it it seem to work fine. The last couple times I decided to leave it in my game for a longer period of time, and I am now getting crashes. The last time, my game evn crashed while loading. I then removed the pool from my downloads and the game loaded fine. Sure hope this can be addressed. Not sure if its a clash with another mod or not. I see in past posts I'm not the only one with this issue.
Test Subject
#110 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 3:20 AM
The crashes I experienced earlier were probably caused by too many processes running in the background while the game was running.

I'll download the pool again soon and re-test it in better conditions. I doubt it will start crashing again, but it's worth checking.
Forum Resident
#111 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 6:34 AM
I Love it!
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 6:41 AM
This is too cute.....thanks so much - will test it tomorrow evening
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 8:34 AM
You know what would be REALLY funny? If teenagers did the little pirate thing in them too. I can see it now, so hilarious!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#114 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 10:06 AM
Thanks to all the people testing this item. I have a theory about why it may be crashing some people's games, but since I don't have the problem on my machine I can't be sure. If any of you have reason to believe that my object has crashed your game, I'm desperate to hear from you with three main details:
- What you were doing in game that may have affected the object
- What hacks you have installed, and
- Some way I can contact you if I have more questions/an update.

If you are one of those people who thinks they have had a crash because of my object, I'd love to send you direct a version of the object that *may* have resolved the problem so you can test it. If you can do that, I'll... um... give you a freddo frog? :D

brainchildvn - I have my eye on that particular animation for a future object, but honours thesis headaches have gotten in the way of me making new items at the moment unfortunately.
Instructor
#115 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 10:55 AM
I have been thinking about this right yesterday when my toddler start to play with piss (I have a hack installed to stop them to play with toilets). There are really too little work done on toddlers, specially on babies what makes them really boring. I started to let babies and toddlers live only few minutes (I raise them up to children immediately after born). I don't really know how this will affect my game in the future. I'm not quite interested in the University EP and not sure if I'm going to install it ever. It will depend on how much it will add to the game. I'm fed up with stupidity and have already 55 hacks I cannot live without anymore. I'm working in my game to prepare it for a TS2 Unleashed EP. I wish cats and dogs in real sizes (No Chihuaua the same size as a Golden Retriever) and NO BUNNIES OR RACCOONS! So, I'm really depending on all of you. Thank you all.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#116 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 1:42 PM
Hey all,

I've put an update up on the wading pool. I'm hoping this will fix the problems people have been encountering (It certainly fixed the problem with Wizards of SimPE recolours) so, naturally, testers are greatly appreciated and will earn themselves big :Ds

If the problems persist, please post here or PM me with those details I listed 2 posts back! :D

Thanks and hugs to all the wonderful supportive members of MTS2,
Echo
Test Subject
#117 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 1:07 AM
You can find this under plumbing/misc. but i think that is more suitable under toys... no?

La inteligencia me persigue, pero yo soy más rápido.
Field Researcher
#118 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 3:53 AM
UPDATE: The main wading pool file has been updated to fix an oddity in its catalogue placement which may have been having adverse side effects in some games. To those three or four who were having crashing problems, I'd appreciate it if you could test this file and get back to me about whether it fixed the problem. New pool uses same filename and GUIDs, so should overwrite existing object. Recolours remain unchanged.

Okay Echo, I have tried the above mentioned update for the last hour or so in my game. I have a house with 2 toddlers and a child, so I have plenty of opportunity to get the pool 'tested'. I have been testing with 2 pools in the game at one time and both are being used simultaneously. So far I have not experienced a single crash. Thats the good news! Unfortunately I have some bad news also. The pools seem to spontaneously 'disappear' while in live mode in the game. They get used for awhile, successfully it seems, and when I go back to see how the kids are doing, the pools are gone! Strange behaviour indeed. Its better than having the game crash, but unfortunately the disappearing pool issue does not make for great wading pool fun Hope you can get this figured out. I will continue to test whatever you feel is necessary and hopefully the pools will be useable soon. They are really a great idea! Thanks, Tracy

'Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes....at least then he'll be a mile away and barefoot'
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#119 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 6:17 AM
Braveheart: Well that's certainly mixed news! Thanks for finding that... I'll have to look into this mysterious disappearing. I may have missed some part of the puddle code that's making them disappear. Just to confirm - the pools that disappeared were outdoors? Not indoors?

Thanks again, it's time for me to go back into SimPE. :D
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 8:50 AM
Thanks so much i Love it so cute :elephant: :elephant:
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 8:52 AM
is there supposed 2 be a reflection or just block grey colour as the water?

but otherwise awesome!

and how hard can a toddler be 2 dispose of?
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 8:55 AM
Great work! I like it!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#123 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 8:59 AM
kaye: Just grey block colour I'm afraid... My animation abilities leave a *lot* to be desired. Anyways, the water's gotta be pretty shallow for little toddlers!
Field Researcher
#124 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 3:30 PM Last edited by Braveheart : 2nd Mar 2005 at 4:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
Braveheart: Well that's certainly mixed news! Thanks for finding that... I'll have to look into this mysterious disappearing. I may have missed some part of the puddle code that's making them disappear. Just to confirm - the pools that disappeared were outdoors? Not indoors?

Thanks again, it's time for me to go back into SimPE. :D

I had the pools indoors actually, I will try again with them outdoors and let you know.
I just tried them outdoors and they still disappear Echo.

'Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes....at least then he'll be a mile away and barefoot'
Field Researcher
#125 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 9:29 AM
Very Funny !!!! Thanks A Lot
Page 5 of 11