Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional wading pool

by Echo Posted 25th Feb 2005 at 12:08 PM - Updated 28th Apr 2009 at 12:49 AM by Echo

262 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 258 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 11
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#126 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 2:45 AM Last edited by Echo : 6th Mar 2005 at 7:14 AM.
Okay all, I've posted another update. Hopefully this is the last, but I haven't got the EP to test it yet so I can't 100% guarantee that!

In any case, this update should hopefully stop the object from mysteriously disappearing after a while in live mode.

Massive enormous thanks to Braveheart, who has consistently tried the newest beta-updates and reported back to me in record time! Thanks Braveheart!

As always, reports of oddities and bugs result in the amusing image of my beating my head on the desk, as well as the added bonus of my fixing them. So if such oddities continure to exist, please report them here!

Echo

UPDATE: I checked the object briefly in TSU, it seems to work fine! :D
Test Subject
#127 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 3:14 AM
I've used it. It's great! Thanks so much for your creativity and hard work.
Test Subject
#128 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 4:22 AM
Great concept. Thank you soo much.
Field Researcher
#129 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 7:10 AM
Great job :D
Thank you :clap:
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 7:28 AM
Hm, I'm a bit behind, but wanted to let you know I put this in my game and love it - no crashes and no disappearing. And it just looks wonderful in my courtyard... the parents sit on the verandah and watch the kids play. Tons of fun
#131 Old 10th Mar 2005 at 7:40 PM
Just wanted to share that this is adorable and works Wonderfully in my game with University installed
re are a couple pics of him Playing in his pool Sort of helps keep his little butt out of he toilet too LOL

THANKS
April
Screenshots
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#132 Old 11th Mar 2005 at 12:48 AM
He's gorgeous! :D

By the way, if anyone wants to make and share recolours for this now, you're completely welcome to.
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 4:40 AM
I love the wadding pools! Only thing is when I placed it on a porch out the back door the todder goes out by himself. LOL

I don't know about that. How is a small todder able to get out the door? and into the pool clothes and all rofl
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#134 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 7:32 AM
Lol! Well the toddlers are able to open doors all round the house... If you put a toy outside and the toddler wants it, he/she will quite happily open the door to get to it. Just a little Sim-oddity.
Instructor
#135 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 1:38 PM
very cute...I love it
Field Researcher
#136 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 12:38 PM
wow great ..now my toddlers can splash in the water and i dont chase them out of there ..!!! wooo keep up the good work ...and please make more .....
going to let my kids play now ..

PS ..is there a way to make this ad skill points to the toddlers ..like body skill points cause they are sorta swimming?
Instructor
#137 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 1:32 PM
Working great, such a fun object! Thanks!
Field Researcher
#138 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 1:39 PM
WAAAA i downloaded this and put it in my game but i cant find it ....helpp !!!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#139 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 1:44 PM
Simsmomma - should be under Plumbing > Miscellaneous. And re the skill points, it is possible. I don't think I'll be adding it to this one at this point, but I'll keep it in mind for some future items.
Field Researcher
#140 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 3:01 PM
loving this wading pool, I haven't had any problems with it either
Instructor
#141 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 3:32 PM
So good! The toddler is really cute and it s work great with ep!

So, what are you making next???
really nice work! It's my favorite! Something maxis missed!
Field Researcher
#142 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
Simsmomma - should be under Plumbing > Miscellaneous. And re the skill points, it is possible. I don't think I'll be adding it to this one at this point, but I'll keep it in mind for some future items.

i looked under plumbing >miscellaneous ...
i didnt see it but when i went to my " downloads" it was there ..

now what?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#143 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 4:57 AM
Have you got the download called "echo-wadingpool.package"? There are two sets of downloads on the front page, one is the object, the other is a set of recolours.
Field Researcher
#144 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 5:16 AM
i deleted the file that was in my downloads ..
then i downloaded these files :

Attached Files echo-wadingpool-recolours.zip (24.3 KB, 4749 views)
echo-wadingpool.zip (19.8 KB, 1771 views)

using the sims 2 maid file thingie and still nothing showing up under the plumbing area
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#145 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 7:59 AM
Well I've never used the file maid myself, but I presume that just unzips into your downloads? Have you run the clean installer? I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be showing up for you... :/
Field Researcher
#146 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 1:12 PM
ya i did ..i ran and got rid of a lot of doubles in my game ...i think more things are needed for toddlers....i just keep deleting the file and adding it again ....i am not about to give up.. ..

ya ya i got it .wooo hoo im happy now ....*dances around with echo* yaa yaa lets party everyone ...wooo hoo ..im soo happy..im soo happy..,,,,now im going to put this into every one of my families that has babies or toddlers
Field Researcher
#147 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 3:00 PM
I put the files in a subfolder(in my downloads folder) called "Echos toddler stuff" I hate forgetting who made what lol
Field Researcher
#148 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 5:15 PM
hey echos ....my toddler Thomas wants to thank-you ...he played it in until Brandie his mom gave him his bottle and he drank his bottle in the pool and then he played in it some more until his mom took him out and had to bath him and put him to bed ..mom sims can be such an party pooper and take a kid sims away from all the fun he is having ..LOL
Lab Assistant
#149 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 10:04 PM
awesome!! and sooooooooo cuteee! ^.^ i downloaded it!!
Banned
#150 Old 19th Mar 2005 at 11:16 AM
Default Postive thinking
You turned the negative of kids splashing in toilet water into a positive, fun thing. Good for you! I like your style. Are you married?
Page 6 of 11