Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KGirl
It makes me want to ask, though, how would you feel if a 40 year old guy hit on you in a college bar? Would you not feel he was probably a creep?

Actually, I feel that the person who is asking me strange questions about my hypothetical personal life is a creep.

First of all, you are again making ignorant assumptions. There are college students who don't drink, and who don't spend their weekends in bars. To finally answer your question, if someone who was old enough to be my parent hit on me at any point in my life I would be creeped out. But again, that's not because I'm a student.

Back on topic:
I would love if they made a separate college town, but also made it possible to have something like a community college in the normal base world by just adding rabbitholes for the classes. I think that would allow for the most flexible game play.
Advertisement
Scholar
#152 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shaaaii
Is there a thread on the forums for this world?

If there is, I don't know of it.
Field Researcher
#153 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KGirl
This is the best opposing response I've read, because it actually comes from experience.

It makes me want to ask, though, how would you feel if a 40 year old guy hit on you in a college bar? Wouldn't you feel he was probably a creep?

An adult can go up and talk to a random child in the game. As a matter of fact, some social interactions would be very weird to use on a sim you've just newly met. If EA programmed the game to avoid anything "creepy", they would have little time to work on more important things.
Field Researcher
#154 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 2:22 AM
Yeah... Like my child Sim keeps asking party guests for bed time stories, and they oblige and always go into the parents room... Talk about creepy...
Field Researcher
#155 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 4:10 AM
Some new unconfirmed information has been posted on the official forums. Apparently, there was a patch on EA's website that contained hidden leaks about the university expansion pack. The information found was:
  • The name of the expansion will be Education Campus, not University.
  • There will be two new creatures: mermaid and bigfoot.
  • There will be four new sub-neighbourhoods, one will only be available with supernatural installed.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/601909.page

However, this could very well be a hoax. If SimsVIP had really posted it, I'd expect more people to be talking about it, but when I search Google I can only find that one page. Not to mention, what are those variables for, exactly? Animations? C# files? Nevertheless, I don't think towns have variables like that, and if they do, I don't think they work quite like that. Not to mention, the variable "#Education_Campus_Towns_Supernatural_Installed_Magic_State_University139" is unusually long and detailed, but then again EA could have done that deliberately. Overall though, I am suspicious of this information.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#156 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 4:25 AM
I'm calling shenanigans.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#157 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zerbu
Some new unconfirmed information has been posted on the official forums. Apparently, there was a patch on EA's website that contained hidden leaks about the university expansion pack. The information found was:
[*]The name of the expansion will be Education Campus, not University.[*]There will be two new creatures: mermaid and bigfoot.[*]There will be four new sub-neighbourhoods, one will only be available with supernatural.

That could not sound more unrealistic

19 - Female - Australia
Field Researcher
#158 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 4:31 AM
  • There will be four new sub-neighbourhoods, one will only be available with supernatural installed.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/601909.page

However, this could very well be a hoax. If SimsVIP had really posted it, I'd expect more people to be talking about it, but when I search Google I can only find that one page. Not to mention, what are those variables for, exactly? Animations? C# files? Nevertheless, I don't think towns have variables like that, and if they do, I don't think they work quite like that. Not to mention, the variable "#Education_Campus_Towns_Supernatural_Installed_Magic_State_University139" is unusually long and detailed, but then again EA could have done that deliberately. Overall though, I am suspicious of this information.

The title Education Campus just doesn't seem like a good title for an EP. And getting two new creatures in one pack, who aren't part of the main gameplay, seems off. We technically got Bigfoot in Pets anyway. (Only a carving on a tree, but still...)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#159 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 4:34 AM
4 worlds, though...

Even if they are small, 4 worlds... from EA... lolno. Unlikely.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#160 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 4:53 AM
Reading through the thread on the official forums gave me a laugh. So gullible!

19 - Female - Australia
Instructor
#161 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 5:08 AM
I completely disbelieve this, but I would love it if there was a magic university! I've been in love with the concept since TS2.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Field Researcher
#162 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 5:26 AM
A magic university would be fun.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#163 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 5:41 AM

Overall though, I am suspicious of this information.
"Education Campus" sounds like a bad Google Translate.
Bigfoot, I can see being in the pack (maybe for a cryptozoology major? That'd be kinda neat)
Four new Sub worlds? maybe, but they still haven't fixed going to the three in World Adventures yet.

All in all, though, that "info" just sounds like somebodies wishlist.
Mad Poster
#164 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 8:02 AM
Sad thing, this rumor will be posted again around the forums as fact. Glad SimsVIP responded to the thread. It is very sad what people do for attention.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Theorist
#165 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 8:03 AM
SimsVIP confirmed it's a hoax here (second post): http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po.../60/601909.page

I'm all for a Supernatural university though. I'd love to see Bigfoot return too as long as they have a new voice or at least a voice filter for him. In Bon Voyage I remember Bigfoot having a unique voice clip that fit the character when doing the exclusive Bigfoot Hug, but for normal interactions he sounded like a normal sim. It was really weird.
Retired
retired moderator
#166 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 11:25 AM
That's one thing that bothers me about Simbots, actually. Suddenly they sing like normal Sims for Showtime. Well... ...that just raises the question of why they don't talk like normal sims all the time, if they're capable of it. Seemed lazy to me.

Bigfoot would take a lot of fleshing out for me to accept. He was pretty damned lame in TS2 if you ask me.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#167 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 1:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
That's one thing that bothers me about Simbots, actually. Suddenly they sing like normal Sims for Showtime. Well... ...that just raises the question of why they don't talk like normal sims all the time, if they're capable of it. Seemed lazy to me.
They use Auto-tune. we just don't notice it anymore 'cause too many pop stars use it now and it has become the new "normal".
Instructor
#168 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 1:42 PM
I knew it was a hoax before SimsVIP confirms it. There is noway that 4 worlds and 2 occults would fit in one EP.

Fear is only in our minds ♡ Taking over all the time..❤
Theorist
#169 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 7:31 PM
^ At this point we really dont know because we've had WA give us 3 new subhoods and Generations without a world and now Seasons without a world. And to top it all off SN has given us 3 new occults, 1 revamp, 4 in total in terms of occults. So it may not be as unlikely as we may think.
Forum Resident
#170 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
^ At this point we really dont know because we've had WA give us 3 new subhoods and Generations without a world and now Seasons without a world. And to top it all off SN has given us 3 new occults, 1 revamp, 4 in total in terms of occults. So it may not be as unlikely as we may think.

Yes, but there's no reason to cram more than one occult into any new EP unless the number of new EPs coming out is very limited. If anything, indications are there will be several more.
Top Secret Researcher
#171 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon

Adding four maps in one go has never been done before in any game or expansion in the entire series, though. Even in the base games, they've only ever managed three at most. I found that the biggest giveaway that that post wasn't real, other than the odd name given for the supposed expansion.

Also, if anything I'd expect the next expansion with multiple creatures (if there is another) to be that outdoors one they've run a survey about recently if they wind up making it. Thematically, it'd be pretty appropriate to include both plantsims and Bigfoot in that, far more so than in a University remake. Wouldn't be hugely surprised if the next creature was a mermaid/mersim, though- they've been actively feeding the rumours of them all year, and not remotely subtly in many cases. It must be a deliberate buildup to something unless they're trying to mislead people.
Theorist
#172 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 8:09 PM
You both make very good points but I'm just saying that we never know any more as to what EA is up to. Like when the Blueprint Mode leaked out for Seasons that was out of the blue...And when Supernatural was first being speculated nobody thought that they'd actually feature 3 new and fully controllable occults AND revamp the vampires.

@Mingham 4 occults have never been done in one EP before, which is the point that was trying to make. I'm not saying that it'll be 4 worlds and that'll be that, I'm just saying at this point down the line we really don't even know anymore. And I definitely agree that *if* they do make Outdoors I'd rather Bigfoot and Plantsims, and if Bigfoot is included in Uni, then I'd much rather a Chupacabra which could also perhaps be added as well. As for the mermaid it's such a touchy subject cause it could also be appropriate to that of Outdoors but the connection to Uni doesn't make much sense (I mean bigfoot or chupacabra doesn't really either).
Mad Poster
#173 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 8:14 PM
Getting new worlds corresponds with whether or not the EP is introducing new community lot types though, doesn't it? IIRC Generations and Seasons didn't/won't introduce any so there is little benefit to making an entirely new world, as existing ones work just fine with the new features. However, WA introduced new vacation locations because it had to.
Theorist
#174 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 8:29 PM
I feel as though EA is was lazy with Generations which is obviously shown, and as for Seasons I think it was more of a rush/perfection type of thing. EA seems to be pulling store worlds out of their finely bikini-waxed and cleansed buns now-a-days like stallions. And I see worlds that come with that EP as a chance to really showcase that EP. i.e. Moonlight Falls and Appaloosa Plains two of the best examples of this.
Scholar
#175 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 8:31 PM
Whenever EA delivers more than one real estate asset they provide a world to frame it in. If University has some building representing the school and a building(s) representing dorms, they are not going to leave it to the end-user to set up. Some people can build others cannot.

So I think it's a given that University will come with its own world. So the real question remains whether or not you will be able to easily get a college education for the citizens in your current world.

And just like with every other expansion pack, if you can fit the new assets into your current world, you'll have a local community college.
Page 7 of 95