Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hacked COMPUTER (Not Global) << UPDATED 09/26/2007 <<

by monique Posted 19th May 2005 at 2:38 PM - Updated 26th Sep 2007 at 3:12 AM by monique

970 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 951 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 39
Test Subject
#26 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 7:35 AM
wow,nice work
that is awesome thank you for sharing
Test Subject
#27 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 8:05 AM
Hi
I haven't had time to test thoroughly but I have had a few problems.
Delivery of food is fine. Study seems to work but I didn't get an option to choose what to study.
My major concern came when I tried to shop online. My Sim would reset. In other words, he leapt out of the chair and reappeared standing by the desk.
I have other mods but NONE that affect the computers.
If I ever find out what is wrong I shall let you know as this is a nice idea and I would prefer this to other methods of shopping at home.

DragonKnight
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 8:42 AM
I added BANK ONLINE and not global hack version.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 12:11 PM
I'm a little bit confused...

The hack works great with one exception:
In one of the screenshots above you can see a recolored alienware computer be used...well, in my game, the extra pie menu options don't appear on any custom-content-computer including the alienware one.

Did I do something wrong?

(talking about v3 - haven't tried v4 yet)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 12:34 PM
Hi, Vren, sorry if i forgot to remove the screenshot for alienware, i will remove that now. In my previous version (v1 and v2) I gave support to alienware but in v3 and v4 I removed it. About the custom computer, this hack applies only to all default cheap and expensive computer, those without an asterisk except for the recolored one.
Thanks for reminding me about the screenshot.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 2:38 PM
i installed the non global version, and everything is fine except when I make a deposit or check the bank account the pop up is blank, also the shop online-buy clothes option does not work. the sim disappears from the chair and reappears a few feet away. maybe you could fix that.
Test Subject
#32 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 2:52 PM
Thank You
Thank you so much for the wonderful idea....going to go and try it out.....thanks for all the hard work....BlondieTraci :Slap:
Instructor
#33 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 3:29 PM Last edited by suceress : 17th Jun 2005 at 6:09 PM. Reason: changed my mind
Hmm.. I'm going to wait until some more bugs are worked out before I try this one, but I will make a note to keep an eye on this thread.
What exactly does the banking online thing do? Does it let you pay bills? I'm confused.
Thank you so much for making this though!

(edit) Ok. I've changed my mind. I'll load it and give it a try. :-)
Forum Resident
#34 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 8:10 PM
Wow I am going to try this out soon thank you.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 11:43 PM
I fixed jump bug (buy clothes) and blank info messages (bank online) in not global hack version as reported by lizbethbear (thanks).
Test Subject
#36 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 7:07 PM
Monique:

Amazing hack! There's really nothing else to say...

jmk
Test Subject
#37 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 3:02 PM Last edited by kool24 : 19th Jun 2005 at 6:33 PM.
Hello downloaded this today for banking....useing global download...deposited 60 tokens transfered 30 to sims son he in collage quite for a bit came back on and 30 tokens gone that spose to be there deposited nother 100 and sent to son loged to son and he had none =/.

great hack tho, request: could ya change the studys to what you train as in mechanical logic ect?also could ya add lil intrest reasonable amount like rl?
Instructor
#38 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 3:46 PM
Brilliant Work! Big Thankyou for Sharing.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 11:27 PM
Awesome! How convenient! Thanks so much!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 12:24 AM
I inserted a warning message in first page.
Test Subject
#41 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 7:29 AM
ty for info on how to get by with it,come to think about it i save b4 i get ready to quit and dont use that feature lol ty for the fix for now till we find how to fix it

really nice hack btw i love it
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 9:47 AM
Hi, Kool24, like you I really like to have a bank in our sim that's why I tried to restore Shogal's bank plugin, I successfully made it EP compatible but sad to say it's buggy when you exit the game. So the best solution is to remove that feature. Thank you for giving your time to test it and I really appreciate it. I'll repost it as soon I find the solution or mabe create a new one.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 8:42 PM
What number is this object in that long list, I'm having trouble finding it?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 12:03 AM Last edited by monique : 21st Jun 2005 at 12:05 AM.
Spiritseer,
I'm sorry if I made you confused, please dont panic, we're talking here the Bank Online feature, the rest features are all fine such as Shop Online, Xpress delivery, study skills and career. In my last uploaded file I disabled Bank Online feature to avoid using it. But I'm still looking for the solution I really want this Bank.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 11:34 AM
Bank Online is back!
#46 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 1:10 PM
I've been waiting for this. Thanks
Test Subject
#47 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 1:27 PM
yay! thank you, great object!
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 5:43 PM
I absolutely love this, it's wonderful! There's just one little thing - shopping online doesn't fulfill wants to "buy new clothes" or "buy cell phone", etc. Is there anything you could do about that?
Test Subject
#49 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 6:08 PM
great job, can't wait to try it, thank you
Test Subject
#50 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 7:10 PM
This works great. Too bad there's not a "Loan" or "Borrow" feature in the Online banking part. It would be nice for the newly made Sims to be able to borrow and pay back a loan for a nice house. Pescado has a money order hack but you have to be "friends" or "family" to send it, so the new Sims in the neighborhood will never have that option of recieving money without using "Motherlode".

All that aside this is very realistic and handy. Especially the "Online Shopping" :D
Page 2 of 39