Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hacked COMPUTER (Not Global) << UPDATED 09/26/2007 <<

by monique Posted 19th May 2005 at 2:38 PM - Updated 26th Sep 2007 at 3:12 AM by monique

970 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 951 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 39
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 26th Jul 2005 at 1:54 PM
I have some hacked comps, alienwares, if I delete those, will it work?

this hack is awesome
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#152 Old 26th Jul 2005 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monique
hi, niquel, to figure out which computer hack is causing that problems, here is my suggestion, first backup your "downloads" folder (cut and paste to other directory) then create a new downloads folder then place my computer hack there without any other hacks just my computer hack. Play the game and test it.
Then do the same procedure or add one by one the other computer hacks that you downloaded in order for you identify which one is causing it.

I hope that this suggestion would help you.

This is post#23 that I'm referering to in my first page. Pls try this first then give me feedback. We're trying to isolate the problem.

Pls. see my journal for my hacks compatibility. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 26th Jul 2005 at 3:40 PM
when I download them, 3 files come with it(note:i downloaded the cheap one)and 2 of the files say GLOBAL instead of non-global??

I did post 23, nothing
Lab Assistant
#154 Old 26th Jul 2005 at 3:53 PM
Global_Bank_Controller is one
_Global-Bank is the other

this is frustrating
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#155 Old 26th Jul 2005 at 3:59 PM
yes you need those three files in order for the cheap computer to work. Are you sure that you bought the right computer ? the one with an asterisk not the original maxis computer.
Lab Assistant
#156 Old 26th Jul 2005 at 4:12 PM
yeah, the one with the blue mouse-mat and black colour
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#157 Old 26th Jul 2005 at 4:19 PM Last edited by monique : 26th Jul 2005 at 4:26 PM.
Well, it seems that this hack is not compatible with UK version, I tried to copy all my text to UK language the same procedure when I worked in my hacked bookcase. Thank you for testing it. Is there anyone out there who have UK version and uses this hack?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#158 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 12:34 AM
Is that what I got for sharing this hack? We all know that not all hacks can pleased everyone, how about other version (Spanish, Korean ....) they will say that too "damn it sucks"?. Are we not in the Beta forum? How dare you say "damn it sucks" and never tested the features?
I tried my best to help you and waisted my time. I dont care if you like it or not. I just want to share my hack, this is the way that I can help this site sharing my skills. "damn it sucks" lol.
Test Subject
#159 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 4:58 AM
*shocked* what a bitch! I dont see it but that person is real rude! Your hack is cool but I cant use it cause I have only the Sims2.
Test Subject
#160 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 6:30 AM
I am so spoiled I can't live without this computer in every house (I buy it even before the fridge Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#161 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 5:44 PM
SAYWHA!?

I didn't say this hack sucks, I said me not being able to use it sucks

the message quote was 'Damn, that sucks'(meaning, im not able to use it, the SITUATION sucks, not the hack, I love this hack)

jeez, please read before you contrdict
Test Subject
#162 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 3:37 PM
bad post
Field Researcher
#163 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 3:07 PM
Monique, how do i change the price of the clothes? I already have a hack I made that changes teh constant values but it only seems to work when I buy the clothes downtown and not on the computer. Thanks for your help.
Field Researcher
#164 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 3:24 PM
What a great computer. I love everything you have added to it. I have no hacks in my game right now, so this will be perfect! Thanks for sharing your talent and creativity.
~Karr
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#165 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 3:47 PM
Hi cathair2005, in instance 1017, I'm passing the price to temporary storage 1.
Field Researcher
#166 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 9:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by monique
Hi cathair2005, in instance 1017, I'm passing the price to temporary storage 1.

Thanks for that, Monique. I'll look into it. I generally like to make my clothes a bit cheaper because I think the Maxis price - $200 for regular - is a rip off lol.
Test Subject
#167 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 6:16 AM
Btw how do I change the prices for the clothing?
#168 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 4:00 PM
[COLOR=Pink] The object doesnt appear in the game ......why? :confused: :confused: COLOR]
Test Subject
#169 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 11:54 AM
OH MI GOOOOD!!!!! Luv it luv it luv it!
(\ /)
(='.'=) Bunny luvs it 2!
(") (")
Test Subject
#170 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 7:43 PM
Sorry for the belated reply Monique. I haven't tested the latest version yet, but the previous one is definitely working as advertised.

Doesn't seem to be documented, but I especially like the fun boost given to SSX3 - college sims really benefit from this after doing assignments/term papers.

I think I can speak for everyone when I say this is one of the best conceived and executed objects I've seen yet. It's become invaluable in my game. Thanks for the outstanding functionality provided, and your hard work and determination in perfecting this.
Forum Resident
#171 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 4:10 PM Last edited by cwirsing : 3rd Aug 2005 at 4:02 AM.
Monique could you make a alienware version of this hack.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#172 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 4:19 PM
Hello everyone, another update again.
I upgraded Email hack to Mass Mailing.
Lab Assistant
#173 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 5:19 PM
hmmm, Monique, do you know how to make this hack global? or atleast work with the UK version, i need practice with SimPE and would like to ask if I could make some changes to this mod and add some new stuff to it, and possibly make it global, can I?, how do you make it global first off?
Test Subject
#174 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 9:02 AM
Ohhh noooo. *makes sound of Mr. Bill* This hack worked wonderfully until I downloaded the updated version. I have tried everythingto not take this hack out of my download folder, but it was inevitable when it was the only thing left and still wasn't working. What happens is that my Sims2 loads...I can enter the neighborhood screen...then select my family and nothing. It acts like it's loading .... forever. I wish I knew what happened, but I really, really, really, love this hack and was looking forward to your upgrades. Any ideas? Anyone else having this problem or is it just me? :sad face:
Lab Assistant
#175 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 1:33 PM
Just to say a HUGE Thank you for this, and to let you know that I haven't had any problems at all. I'm running the U.K version of the game and also have a couple of other hacked objects, i.e Insiminator, and there doesn't seem to be any problems.
A great object, thank you again! :D
Page 7 of 39