Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#126 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 8:13 PM
I wanted to make sure it would be accepted first, because I didn't want to do any tweaks twice. So I can start working on that whenever I feel like.

If I'm lucky, and the pregnancy controllers don't get all discombobulated, I'll hardly have to do anything. But how likely is that?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Site Helper
#127 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 8:23 PM
Making the subhood version should be relatively simple. Testing that the pregnancies work for all game configurations is another matter.
Top Secret Researcher
#128 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 1:04 PM
I gave it a try, forgetting that I had gone through a windows reinstall and didn't switch again to clean and empty templates afterwards, so almost three hundred eaxian moochers tried to get a life in Widespot. Get lost, Newson orphans, shoo!
I'll be trying again after I've cleaned the mess in my templates. I was so impatient to discover the neighbourhood *pouts*

While I'm here, I wanted to ask how exactly we are supposed to rename the content of the Storytelling folder, but I see that it's still in discussion (page 4), unless I missed the final answer about it. I'll put that on my to-do list too. Though I hardly ever use the "c" snapshot anymore myself, I like to have the neighbourhood album available

Still very excited about Widespot!
Mad Poster
#129 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 1:58 PM
As far as I can tell, since no one could reproduce the problem, it was idiosyncratic to my set up, so I just copied the original development pictures I chose to share (you didn't need the ones with the batbox in the shot or my multiple attempts to line things up or the times I should have used Fraps and hit the C key by accident) into a new Storytelling folder and that's what's in the .7z file. All the households should have all the same ID numbers, and the pictures taken on the community lots should be available on the + tab and from the neighborhood album.

If anyone else does have a problem with them, let me know and we'll try to figure it out.

If nothing else you can arrange them by date and open them in your photo browser to look at them outside the game, so you'll have a rough idea of what happened when and how.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#130 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 2:12 PM
Thank you! And thanks for not sharing your batbox gallery, I think we all have more than enough evidence of that beauty photobombing our sims' most precious moments
Field Researcher
#131 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 5:17 PM
I would love it if you made Widespot into a subhood, Peni. This neighborhood sounds interesting, but I'm too attached to my Pleasantview and it's surrounding subhoods to try it.

I have a simblr now! Check it out: simblr
Had a long day and need a laugh? Check this out for funny sims stuff!
Site Helper
#132 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 7:01 PM
I believe that it's as simple as:
1) Create an empty environment which includes OFB. Subhoods won't work if they have attached subhoods.
2) Add Widespot to your empty environment. Run the game and play Widespot.
3) Type in the cheat:
changeNeighborhoodType suburb
4) Move Widespot to your Program Files folder (under one of the NeighborhoodTemplate folders).
5) Run your normal game and attach Widespot to your neighborhood.

This should work as long as you don't try to play Widespot as both a primary neighborhood and a subhood in the same game.
Mad Poster
#133 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 7:56 PM
Yeah, the problem, as I understand it, is that the pregnancies might bork.

So if you want to do it yourself, you'd want to play it in the empty environment till nobody's pregnant. But since it's important to me that each player take over the reins at the particular point in the story, I'm going to have to do a lot of tedious testing to make sure that no matter what configuration you put it into, the pregnancies will remain properly linked and set.

I don't have any hacks that affect pregnancy and am uncertain to what lengths of testing I'm willing to go. The idea of downloading InTeen just to test the subhood with it is intimidating to say the least, and I damn sure am not going to try to hunt down all possible pregnancy-affecting mods to check whether they play nice with existing subhood pregnancies. If all I have to do is make a subhood copy, start a new AnyGame with OFB, and test to see that all the babies develop normally, I can do that after a few days break. But I need to do a little research even to be sure I know enough about what might go wrong to test for it.

There's always something, and it always takes longer than you expect.

Top Secret Researcher
#134 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 9:09 PM
102 downloads so far! C:

Mary, who now lives in the Hart household as a member of the family, gave birth to her son today. I named him Bleedin, because it wouldn't be the same without excessive puns. Her brother Rhett seduced Daytona Beech. Yeah, I don't know either.

Dixie Land went to college, and met and fell in love with Almeric Davis. They lost their virginities with each other, and knocked her up. Almeric has a feeling that he did, and rolled an engagement want. Dixie will probably not want to have a child in college, or drop out and get married, so it can go several ways.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Site Helper
#135 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I don't have any hacks that affect pregnancy and am uncertain to what lengths of testing I'm willing to go. The idea of downloading InTeen just to test the subhood with it is intimidating to say the least, and I damn sure am not going to try to hunt down all possible pregnancy-affecting mods to check whether they play nice with existing subhood pregnancies.
I agree; that's probably overkill. Instead, I would try with each EP in turn, either alone or in conjunction with previous EPs. That's only 8 or 9 tests, but would be enough to convince me that pregnancies work in subhoods.

If it conflicts with people's mods, you'll find out soon enough. You could always suggest that people backup their save game before attaching Widespot, and that they keep the backup until any pregnancies go to term, or until they've checked the pregnancy controllers.

I know that I often have problems with pregnancies in downloaded neighborhoods, because I have a mod which reduces the pregnancy time substantially. However, I consider it my problem, not a problem with the hood.
Mad Poster
#136 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Yeah, the problem, as I understand it, is that the pregnancies might bork.

I don't have any hacks that affect pregnancy and am uncertain to what lengths of testing I'm willing to go. The idea of downloading InTeen just to test the subhood with it is intimidating to say the least, and I damn sure am not going to try to hunt down all possible pregnancy-affecting mods to check whether they play nice with existing subhood pregnancies. If all I have to do is make a subhood copy, start a new AnyGame with OFB, and test to see that all the babies develop normally, I can do that after a few days break. But I need to do a little research even to be sure I know enough about what might go wrong to test for it.

There's always something, and it always takes longer than you expect.

I have all the pregnancy mods out there and am willing to test it out for you.
Inteen, wildchild, S2L and Chris Hatch mods you name it I have it.
Top Secret Researcher
#137 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 10:55 PM
So I looked at Dixie Land's pregnancy, and the scanner says 'two babies'.

But I have Trips and Quads, so 'two babies' actually means 'anything but a single birth'.

-cackles-

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Scholar
#138 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 7:57 AM Last edited by Amairani : 5th Apr 2013 at 8:16 AM.
I downloaded the 'hood yesterday and playing it now before work.

Land household: everybody left for school/work, leaving Mary home alone. She wanted to get engaged to both Valentine and that Mann bloke, so I looked up thru Sim Blender who's the father of her kid, turned out it's Valentine Hart, so Mary invited him over and proposed engagement. It cheered her up, along with her parents (they had a want of relative getting engaged), but Valentine went into aspiration failure and had to have a help from Therapist on the Lands' porch.
Teens came home, and so did the father of their family. One of the teens brought Woody Weiss from school. Woody and Dixie began fooling around with the pillows, I figured this is not what teens should do and made Dixie to hit on Weiss, which he rejected. Still I learned they had one bolt of chemistry. Just for the fun of it, I made Scot Land to goose Woody, and what do you know, Woody enjoyed his butt groped by a another guy and both fell in love instantly! No chemistry bolts though.
Kids came home from school and spent the whole time playing chess, to the point where their energy plummeted to the red and the hungry meter was in the yellow zone, yet they continued to play chess until I made one of household to call everybody for dinner.
At one point I decided it would be nice to invite the Mann dude over, another guy Mary Land is in love with, so Scot made a phone call. Unfortunately, by that time Mary was starving, stinky and to the point of fainting due to energy lack, so nothing scandalous happened. She also was in her 1st trimester of pregnancy.
But some drama did happen, though not with Mary involoved. While the familiy and guests were having dinner, Dixie and Woody went to parent's bedroom to have some explicit fun in the bed. Well, Scot didn't take it lightly, being in love with Woody, so now he hates his sister and poor Woody, who I think was in deep confusion after that visit to the Lands' household.

Btw, Beulah and Mary are both furious with Dixie and Woody now. I also added second aspiration to Beulah and Homer, it's Pleasure, I anticipate what changes in their behavior it might bring. Beulah also retired, I couldn't see her as a Manager Assistant, to be honest.

I try to play Widespot with as few mods as possible, adding only the most essential ones that stop very annoying behavior I absolutely can't stand while playing. I'm having I think like 1/20 of what I usually have, so Widespot's Sims behave in a way I'm not used to. For instance, they don't cook when they are hungry, but whine and wave their arms instead. I wonder if this is normal un-modded game's behavior, 'cos I honestly don't remember, having played with mods for many years already.
Top Secret Researcher
#139 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 8:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amairani
I try to play Widespot with as few mods as possible, adding only the most essential ones that stop very annoying behavior I absolutely can't stand while playing. I'm having I think like 1/20 of what I usually have, so Widespot's Sims behave in a way I'm not used to. For instance, they don't cook when they are hungry, but whine and wave their arms instead. I wonder if this is normal un-modded game's behavior, 'cos I honestly don't remember, having played with mods for many years already.

Oh, that's normal game behavior. Sims are really stupid like that. It's really noticeable in Asylum challenges. I mean, sometime you have sims who are more independent, and then you have the one bitching about hunger right near a cheese platter or a bowl of cereal. -sigh-

Simblr.
Scholar
#140 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 10:23 AM Last edited by Aegagropilon : 5th Apr 2013 at 11:20 AM.
I have very few behavioral mods in my game and my sims take care of themselves pretty well. Which is good because I have a very hands-off playstyle.

My Widespot crew -- with the exception of Hamilton, whose brain has atropied -- haven't been starting fires, passing out, or any other typical "stupid sim behavior." Lana and Candy do refuse to eat at the same table at the same time (no matter how hungry they are) unless forced to, but that's just them and they can't stand each other.

Rhett does like to go outside and drink at the bar whenever it precipitates outside... and that includes thunderstorms and hailstorms. He hasn't gotten struck by lightning yet, but I did almost lose him to a hailstorm before I rushed him back inside. (And his mom -- and bestest drinking buddy -- Angel is the same way! They make quite a sight during the summer when they drink out at the bar in the rain, Rhett in his pajamas and Angel in her underpants.)

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#141 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 3:29 PM
Those of us who got caught in the simblr-mania, please remember to tag your Widespot pictures so that they can be "tracked" by others (if you want to be stalked, of course ).
Mad Poster
#142 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 4:07 PM
Random chance is always a factor in how sims behave. Even training only affects the likelihood of a behavior recurring, doesn't make it reliable. I indirectly trained most of the Lands to be dependent on Mary, who I trained to cook and clean like a little Cinderella; so once her motives start dropping from pregnancy, if you don't select somebody to step up to the plate, it's up to your game's randomizer to determine whether they fall apart or cope. When I started playing for real, Dixie was the surprise coper in that family. You don't expect much from somebody with her low active points, but apparently her fondness for Mary trumped her laziness. Only as far as cooking was concerned, though. The bathroom could require a hazmat suit and she wouldn't care. River was the volunteer bathroom cleaner, and Scot looked after Delta. He loved reading Romance novels to her!

Frankly I can't see Beulah as a Manager's Assistant, either, and my Beulah and Homer don't roll work-related wants so they aren't likely ever to see promotions. I see them as like most of the people I've worked with over the years - working to support their families and not bothered about climbing any ladders. I've in particular known a lot of women in Beulah's position - my Mom, for one - the kids don't need me to be home anymore and I'm tired of being housebound and never having enough money for new clothes, so I'm taking some of these organizational skills into the world of Paid Employment! I chose their job levels (and Skye's, and the Beeches') based on the work hours necessary to give Mary, Sandy, and Penny a chance to get pregnant, but by chance those turned out to be levels I'm comfortable with them all staying at for the rest of their lives, if they don't roll work or skill wants. Which they very well might.

You'll be able to make up Scot and Woody and get them to bolt without too much trouble if you decide to play it that way, Amaraini. I tried not to train the teens and children at all, but Woody is so shy I figured I needed to exercise his Romance muscles to create some possibility of his initiating flirts and romantic interactions on his own (presumably at awkward times), which is why there's a failed first kiss with Virginia in there. This had the inevitable effect of setting his gender preference toward girls. But it's not very firmly set that way, and Scot/Woody is an attractive pairing that could easily be brought to boltage in an afternoon. If, you know, they can get past being mad at each other! Woody is in an experimental and desperate stage, after all. Fixating on Dixie when he really wants Scot is a natural displacement move if he hasn't come to terms with his sexual identity yet.

In my game he's got turn-ons for brown hair and cleaning, so my assumption is that he grew up crushing on Mary (as the only womanly girl handy; first crushes tend to be directed up the age scale, especially if developed before puberty), and when he and Dixie dated before she left for college she was the Next Best Thing.

Despite all the frustrations of working with base-game only content, it did make it easy to leave characters plenty of room for individual development under different players. With randomly-generated turn-ons and LTWs, everybody's Widespot denizens are going to be pushed in different directions.

Oh, imagine my ego gratification when I looked at a tumblr I check every day (I keep hoping she'll start her BACC again) and saw the Weisses!
http://letthemplaysims.tumblr.com/p...kept-the-senior

The way her alien skin default turns Penny's eartips pink is kind of weird, but I really like what she did with Skye and Woody.

(ETA: Ooh, thanks Lili! I had no idea you could do that. Yes, tag them with Widespot so I can stalk myself!)

Scholar
#143 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fivey
Oh, that's normal game behavior. Sims are really stupid like that. It's really noticeable in Asylum challenges. I mean, sometime you have sims who are more independent, and then you have the one bitching about hunger right near a cheese platter or a bowl of cereal. -sigh-

That's good to know, I'm used to having my Sims taking care of themselves quite good, so I'll keep an eye on hungry Sims now.

Peni, you created such interesting Sims, it's so much fun to play them. I'm not decided on Woody's gender preferences yet, I'll play his family, then I see what his future might be. Even if Mary is engaged to Valentine, I'm not sure they will end up in marriage. I might have the Mann dude to raise not his kid one day... Oh decisions, decisions
Scholar
#144 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 4:08 PM
I'm still playing my beta test copy, so there's a lot to catch up on! I started out playing each household in a one day rotation as suggested, starting with the Weiss family.

Aegagropilon's Tales of Widespot
Part One: Welcome to Widespot!

Weiss
The Weiss household started out rather quietly, with Woody painting before school and Penny happily chatting away with her dad before he had to go to work. Their conversation was interrupted by Penny's mad dash to the toilet, thus confirming those suspicious stat drops I had noticed. Penny went back to talking to Skye until the carpool and bus arrived.
As soon as the others left, Penny invited Rhett over for some further research. Mary also walked by, so Penny greeted her as well. Since Penny's aspiration was rather low, I decided to have her earn a cooking skill point while Rhett and Mary talked and had a slaphands marathon. Penny seemed rather disinterested in continuing her research with Rhett at the time -- and "ehh"ed when prompted to check him out -- so I figured at the time that her interest in him was genetic rather than romantic. After all, she had proved her hypothesis that human/alien crosses weren't sterile.
Woody came home and waved to everyone on the way to the computer until his brain had decompressed enough to tackle his homework. Thankfully, he finished it before Skye arrived home and heck broke loose. I quickly found out that Skye wasn't too terribly happy with Rhett.
While Penny continued to skill her little Knowledge sim heart out, oblivious to the bickering, poor Mary struggled to keep the peace. She kept flitting between Skye and Rhett with jokes and admiration, hoping that they'd forget that they were mad at each other. Woody, equally oblivious, sailed the good ship Bathtub until the phone rang and he raced to answer it. It was Virginia, and she wanted to talk to Skye. Poor Woody.
Woody sat down at the computer and decided to chat with "goldNgrrl," better known as Goldie Hart. Their first conversation could have gone better: Woody's "a/s/l" was met with a terse "You sit behind me in Math."
Skye and Rhett continued to poke each other in the shoulder until Penny finally looked up from her book and said goodbye to her best friend and to her babydaddy. She then fixed up a batch of cheesecake -- and nearly dozed off while eating it -- and she and her brother went off to sleep after their nutritious dinner. Skye went upstairs at looked at the stars through the big telescope for a while until it started to rain.

Land
Again, another quiet, chaotic start to the day: Dixie and Scot were dancing with their little siblings and Homer and Beulah were dancing with each other. I think the elder Lands are adorable. They'll classic dance for hours, especially in the rain. The dancefest continued until it was time for the younger kids to go to school and for the parents to go to work, leaving Mary alone to decide what she was going to do next. She had a lot on her mind: not only does she want to get engaged to both Valentine Hart and Junior Mann, she's experiencing some suspicious stat-drops. A look at her memories indicate that Valentine's the father-to-be, but a look at her relationship panel has two bolts on Junior and zero on Valentine.
Mary invited Junior over and, while Junior couldn't tell her a good dirty joke to save his life, they got along very well. I decided to wait until I saw how Mary interacted with Valentine before she would make up her mind, though.
Scot brought Woody home from school and Dixie was at the piano before his green butt even cleared the door. I tried to get her to check him out, but she wasn't having any of it. They did, however, take turns tickling each other and Woody liked Dixie's dirty jokes (or maybe he just liked the way she looked in her short shorts and midriff-baring tanktop). Scot decided to stay out of that particular trainwreck and instead talked with Mary and Junior while they gobbled down gelatin and tried to ignore the elephant in the womb.
In the end, Scot became best friends with Woody and also gave his sister Dixie a backrub. I had hoped the Dixie would give him one back -- revolving backrubs were the Subject twins' specialty until Test's wife Tina put an end to them -- but Mary's belly provided too much of a distraction. Junior and Woody went home soon after dinner and everyone continued being one big adorable family until it was time to go to bed.

Mann
The household opened to Junior playing video games on the downstairs computer while Rich and Lana canoodled away upstairs. Once I got to see Junior in his natural habitat, I wasn't so sure that he'd be a good match for Mary. He struck me as a spoiled manchild who would let Mary clean up after him all day without lifting a finger to help. He did want to get engaged to her, though, and that did count for something.
I did decide on one thing, though, and that was that Rich needed a cat. Every Criminal Mastermind worth his spiky suit needs a fluffy cat to pet while making dramatic threats! It was at this point that Junior managed to break the downstairs computer and went upstairs to tell jokes to his parents, after which Rich hugged him. Yup, that was one supervillain that needed to bring his kitty Doomsday home to love on during his off hours. I figured that Lana wouldn't mind.
It was then that I noticed that Junior had rolled a few romantic wants regarding Candy Hart. Wait, who was Candy? Was Mary the girl he took home to meet his folks, while Candy was the girl he fooled around with? That made the whole issue with Mary and her two beaus more complicated.
While Junior chatted on the phone with Candy, the elder Manns continued to be adorable together. Lana probably read comic books when she was a kid and teen and wondered why the villain didn't have a girlfriend like the hero did. It was then that I saw that Rich also had crush/love tags for Candy. I also may have called Rich a dickweasel and felt immediately bad for poor Lana, who loved him so much. And Junior -- Rich's son -- in love with Candy, too... arrrrgh! Oh, there needed to be some 'splainin'.
After that discovery, I decided it was time to play the Hart household. (After I went into CAS and made felonious feline Doomsday DeVice and plunked her into the Mannsion.)

Hart
Oh, there's Candy. And she's pregnant. Uh oh.
A look around the house revealed the extent to which the Harts had broken. The place was a mess; there were drinks at the bar, a mountain of homework on Goldie's desk, the computer was smoking, and the TV tilted after -- possibly deadly -- home repairs. The placement of Angel's urn next to the tilted TV was especially ominous.
Someone really dropped the ball with Goldie; she's miserable, doesn't have any friends outside of her family, and there's the giant mountain of homework and her D grade in school. I really empathized with her situation; there were two deaths in my family during my junior year of high school and my grades went into a tailspin during the resulting depression. But if I was able to pull my grades back up before the semester was over, so can she.
It started to hail soon after the school bus pulled out and Rhett went outside to mix some drinks. He nearly got knocked unconscious in the process, but was able to get back indoors before the Reaper arrived. Once indoors, he went back to telling dirty jokes with Valentine and they took turns slugging each other in the arm until Goldie got home. Rhett invited Penny and Penny's brother Woody over.
Once Penny and Woody arrived, she and Rhett largely ignored each other. Penny and Candy became fast friends while Rhett took it upon himself to give his sister Goldie the Talk. She'd already had that topic covered in Health, but the instructor definitely didn't use the same terms or go into quite the same detail that Rhett did. Feeling that his little sister was now properly educated (and possibly traumatized), Rhett decided to play darts with his dad. Woody got up the nerve to tickle Goldie, much to her delight. She could tackle Mt. Homework tomorrow.
I don't think Penny even realized that Rhett was still there once she started talking to Candy. Penny likes Candy because she'll answer any question, no matter how personal. And Candy likes Penny because she can tell all of her wildest stories to her.
Rhett finally realized that Penny was still there after an exhausted Candy waddled off to bed. Penny seemed rather distressed by Candy's leaving: she didn't get to hear about what happened next after Candy had showed up at the golf course in her old hometown wearing nothing but a raincoat and galoshes!
Angel didn't haunt, but I had Rhett send everyone home well before midnight just in case.

Beech
Daytona well and truly is Hamilton's thinking-brain mom in my game. While I'm sure he's capable of thinking on his own when she's not around -- and I'm sure Sandy liked the non-sockpuppet version of him she first met -- he embodies the expression "dumb as a box of hair" when she is. He's set a lot of fires, apparently just from forgetting what he's doing while cooking. I think Daytona picks out his clothes for him each day.
Once the kids left for school and Daytona and Hamilton left for work, I got a chance to observe Sandy for a bit. A look at her memories revealed that she had indeed been doing something for herself. Someone, too. I guess I can see how Rhett's overly macho machismo could be appealing to her after being with Daytona's Sockpuppet, but stepping out on Hamilton wasn't the right way to go about getting her own way. I felt bad for Hamilton, though I doubted he could figure out what was going on on his own. And if he did, he could just ask his mom to tell him how he should feel about it. And where Sandy should go. (And, lordy, she's pregnant as well!)
I got the impression that Rocky knew that something was going on with his wish that everyone would get along. Though that could just be a reference to how Daytona and Sandy bicker. I think another part of Rhett's appeal was the lack of a potential mother-in-law. Daytona definitely knew, though, and she kept trying to impart a newsflash onto Hamilton's atropied brain. Hamilton, however, remained clueless no matter how many times the purple woohoo heart appeared in conversation.

And that's it for the first day in each household! I went to my usual playstyle after that, so the storylines'll skip around a little from now on.

My Simblr
Scholar
#145 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 7:24 PM
So I played more or less all households and was surprised to find eventually a pregnant Sim in every one of them except for the Mann household. Really it went like this, I play few Sim hours and then suddenly someone's tummy pops up! Took me several visits between the households to catch up with the 'hood's drama.

Beech household: I messed up there, unintentionally - when Sandy Beech had her baby girl born, I named her Little Beech . The instance I pressed Ok, an after-thought got into my head, I paused the game and checked all names in the family panel. Only then it occurred to me that "Beech" there is a twisted form of word "beach"... not "bitch". Yes, English is not my mother tongue, that's my excuse. Once Little Beech is a teen and wants to file for a name change, I won't object, especially if her personality's Niceness points are maxed out.
Virginia had her first kiss with Woody, they are in love now. Woody is a teenage Casanova of Widespot.

Harts: Candy had a boy, I named him Stone Hart (I know, stupid names popped up in my head that night, though Stone Hart is not as bad as Little Beech). Sandy Beech caught Rhett Hart cheating on her with Penny Weiss, an outcome of my love for big parties with all grown-up Widespot's citizens invited.
Mary Land married Valentine Hart today and moved in along with her son Lego Land (and for the next baby boy in the Lands household I already reserved a name Disney ). To accommodate kids by Candy and Mary, I had to split a lounge/play room on the first floor into two rooms.
Scholar
#146 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 1:54 PM
Amairani: Apparently, there's a "Little Beach" in Maui, Hawaii

My Simblr
Scholar
#147 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aegagropilon
Amairani: Apparently, there's a "Little Beach" in Maui, Hawaii

That's not really comforting to me, the damage is done already, I don't think of sandcastles and ocean waves when I look at poor baby Little I already can see the teasing she will get at school once it's time for her to go.
Mad Poster
#148 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 5:15 PM
Hey, there's nothing that says a pun can't go in more than one direction. In fact, the more directions they go, the better they are, imo.
Mad Poster
#149 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 5:31 PM
A beech is also a kind of tree, though it's a little hard to pin down the internet on what the different varieties are and of course the beach puns came readiest to hand. I used the double ee spelling so as to not infringe on the trademark of Hamilton Beach, or even to allow their lawyers to imagine I had done so.

In a town as full of awful names as Widespot, Amairani, what makes you think Little will be singled out particularly?

Scholar
#150 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 8:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amairani
I already can see the teasing she will get at school once it's time for her to go.

If Little is anything like her twin counterparts in my game, she'll react to the teasing by hitting the teaser in their (likely to be equally-droopy) nose

I'm curious as to how everyone else has made-over the Widespot cast Here's some quick shots from mine, showing how the sims currently look.

The Original Cast
Skye Weiss
Penny Weiss
Woody Weiss
Homer and Beulah Land
Mary Hart (formerly Land)
Dixie Land
Scot Land
Delta and River Land
Rich And Lana Mann
Junior Mann
Valentine Hart
Angel Hart and Candy Mann (formerly Hart)
Rhett Hart
Goldie Hart
Daytona Beech (shown with her newest grandchild Grover, who she's pretty sure is a real son of a Beech)
Hamilton Beech
Sandy Beech
Virginia Beech
Rocky Beech

The Spoilers: The First Wave of Born-In-Game Kids
Pink Hart, Candy's eldest kid
Time and Book Weiss, Penny's twin daughters
Cleve Land, Mary's son
Glass and Crystal Beech, Sandy's twin daughters

My Simblr
Page 6 of 32