Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Full Set of Default Face Replacement Templates!

by Katuchan Posted 30th Apr 2008 at 12:39 AM - Updated 30th Aug 2008 at 9:10 PM by Katuchan

88 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 71 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 4th May 2008 at 10:57 PM
Very nice work.
What skins were you using for the pictures?
Test Subject
#27 Old 5th May 2008 at 4:36 AM
These are amazing! I'm definitely picking these up.

My only critique is that almost all of them have GIGANTIC foreheads. This is more prominent in the female versions.

Nothing that a few clicks won't fix, though, so I'm not worried. Like I said before: Amazing.
Scholar
#28 Old 5th May 2008 at 6:14 AM
I've been using Terrakosmos's faces for quite some time now and have been wanting to update, but all the faces I've liked have either been too similar (making it difficult to create unique sims mixing template features in Bodyshop) or not in a complete set. But these look great! I'm definately giving them a try.
Test Subject
#29 Old 5th May 2008 at 8:32 AM
these are amazing!
thanks so much
where is the mesh for the female curlyy hair shown in the second picture from?
thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 6th May 2008 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperShmophie
these are amazing!
thanks so much
where is the mesh for the female curlyy hair shown in the second picture from?
thanks!

That can be found here: http://simsartistsunion.com/ It's on the second page of Genetics. ^_^

Quote: Originally posted by Solowren
These are amazing! I'm definitely picking these up.

My only critique is that almost all of them have GIGANTIC foreheads. This is more prominent in the female versions.

Nothing that a few clicks won't fix, though, so I'm not worried. Like I said before: Amazing.

Gigantic, eh? Sorry about that. ^^; I'll definitely keep that in mind if I decide to tweak them at all.

Quote: Originally posted by BlackBaron
Very nice work.
What skins were you using for the pictures?

Thank you! The skin is Ephemera's SimpleSkin (Soft Edition). I believe the one I used was either the palest or the second palest.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 6th May 2008 at 5:27 AM
Katu, THANK you for making these! These are the best default replacements I have yet seen, the only ones that look good enough to be worth pulling out my OWN replacements (that you so kindly linked to at the top.) I'm going to give these a shot.

By the way, everybody, you can have more than one set of default replacements in your game if you are clever about it. (And that's what I'm planning to do tonight). Just change out the defaults, then spawn the NPC and Townie Maker with the boolprop cheat, and choose "Create Townies." (I think that's it). It will create a set of about 50 or so new townies using whichever defaults are installed. After that, you can quit the game, put another set of defaults in, go back, and Create Townies again, thus giving you more townies with faces from different template sets.

Great job, Katu. My hat's off.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 6th May 2008 at 8:04 PM
Thanks, Katuchan, for these lovely faces and for links to a few sets I was unaware of. I age up and spawn 5-10 more townie children each generation and switch templates every time, so I've become well acquainted with how different sets can breed well...and horribly! But I don't mind so much when replacement sets don't play together well; it's the Maxis ones that have no chance of breeding good ones.
Test Subject
#33 Old 7th May 2008 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Solowren

Quote: Originally posted by Katuchan
Gigantic, eh? Sorry about that. ^^; I'll definitely keep that in mind if I decide to tweak them at all.

Yes, the foreheads are unusually large. It just doesn't quite show with the hair meshes that are used in the pictures.
Test Subject
#34 Old 10th May 2008 at 9:12 AM
The most beautiful Maxis-match face templates I've ever seen!
Field Researcher
#35 Old 25th May 2008 at 3:56 AM
I am mixing and matching up faces in my game and I shall be using some of yours. They are pretty but what I want to give you a big salute is the pic guide. It is very useful in trying to decide if I want to use a particular face.

/salute!
Test Subject
#36 Old 25th May 2008 at 6:20 PM Last edited by mandylion : 25th May 2008 at 6:34 PM.
These are just great! Each and every one of them is not that pretty, but they all have character and that's so important! I'll just toss the templates I have right now and download these. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#37 Old 26th May 2008 at 4:38 PM
I'm finding it a bit difficult to tell the actual face shape differences from the regular Maxis versions, since in the pictures, you have used very different content on the before and after pictures.

It would be nice to see some before and after images where you have used the same skintone, eyes, makeup, eyebrows, etc. both times, so I can actually tell the difference instead of being fooled by the shiny custom content.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 28th May 2008 at 1:43 AM
Those are amazing!Thank you so much!
I do have a question though...What about the 21st and the 25th face?The ones that maxis made only for adult...Are those the fixed ones for all ages or are the only for adult and the other ages revert to number 1 or 2,i dont remember exactly?
Forum Resident
#39 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 1:56 AM
Very nice, thanks for sharing!

"If you suspect you won't like the answer, then don't make the question"
Test Subject
#40 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 4:41 AM
thank you very very VERY much these look really great! awesome work..i appreciate it a lot!!

[SIZE=3][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]How much would you pay me to eat that?[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lindley1230
I'm finding it a bit difficult to tell the actual face shape differences from the regular Maxis versions, since in the pictures, you have used very different content on the before and after pictures.

It would be nice to see some before and after images where you have used the same skintone, eyes, makeup, eyebrows, etc. both times, so I can actually tell the difference instead of being fooled by the shiny custom content.

I'll admit, I'm not entirely sure what you mean. The before and after pictures in the post are my face templates, one shot without CC, and one with default replacements and CC hair. Aside from the final picture (which I made specifically to show them with CC), none of the faces have any makeup or accessories whatsoever. I don't have any pictures of the Maxis faces included with this upload.

Does that answer your question?

Quote: Originally posted by Doc Doofus
Great job, Katu. My hat's off.

Thank you so much! That's a huge compliment, coming from you!

Quote: Originally posted by 6akalaka1
Those are amazing!Thank you so much!
I do have a question though...What about the 21st and the 25th face?The ones that maxis made only for adult...Are those the fixed ones for all ages or are the only for adult and the other ages revert to number 1 or 2,i dont remember exactly?

They should be fine. You may need to download the argon_archfix, available from many of the links to other face templates in this post, but I have made faces for all ages groups in those numbers.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 11:49 AM
i was wondering, where are you get the hat? the lower left one.
beside, nice job!!
Test Subject
#43 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 2:10 PM
Thankyou! I like these much better than the boring old maxis ones.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 9:25 PM
I absolutely love your templates. They are beautimous!

Loff
Test Subject
#45 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 8:48 PM
These are amazing i cant wait to see them in my game.

I'll allow you to see me as i want you to see me, i'll allow you to hear what i want you to hear, and i'll allow you to know what i want you to know...any questions:)
Test Subject
#46 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 2:07 AM
Do they replace the current townies faces?

.:*Vanne.:*
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 4:18 PM
Nice work! *YOINK*

And Firefly Rules! I can't believe it wasn't more popular. I think they just aired it on the wrong channel here. It was hilarious!!!
The movie was okay, but it was very rushed. It was meant to be the plot for the second season, and they had a lot of loose ends to tie up. It was called Serenity, if you haven't seen it. There were also eight comics, I believe, but I haven't gotten hold of those.

"They can jump, and land, and have no natural predators. Unless, of course, you count me!" *SH-BOOF!* - The Maxx
Test Subject
#48 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 10:25 PM
These are absolutely fantastic. I haven't actually tried them yet, but I know I'm going to love them. To me the risk of a few messed up kids is well worth it. ^^
Test Subject
#49 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 5:46 PM
Thank you...SO realistic! They look beautiful! I know you probably won't answer this, but do these faces actually REPLACE all of the maxis faces? Or will it just add on to it? I'm a little worried about that because although some I don't fancy, some are pretty and the faces can be molded and shaped, you know? Great job though!! :-)

Thank you to all the devoted creaters out there! You make my game so much better! Xoxo
Field Researcher
#50 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 2:53 AM
These are wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. I have used Selzi face replacements for a while and needed a change. They look great and they have her selzi stamp of approvalthanks for all your hard work and effort. It pays of in the end
Page 2 of 4