Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#1001 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
Here's my dilemma.
Arnaud and Coralie Lamour-Saurel are happily married. He's 35, she's 57 (I know I said elsewhere that I dislike large age gap but simmies' willpower is sometimes stronger than mine).
She's Romance-Fortune and he's Romance-Family. They're 3-bolters. I added the secondary aspiration not so long ago.
So when Arnaud settled down with Coralie, he knew that Coralie wouldn't want kids. She made it really clear and he was agree with that. On a side note, she made it to the hood as a live-in nanny and she dislike it. Well dealing with the Desrosierses quadruplets was truly difficult.

Arnaud has siblings with kids. He always interacts with his nieces and nephews when he shows up at their house. I was not surprised he finally rolled the want to have a child.
I'd like to grant him his want but I'm at lost.
1. They could divorce due to irreconcilable differences and then he'll have to find somesim his age;
2. They're faithful despite being Romance. I can't picture neither of them having an affair and getting caught. (I have ACR and my most promiscuous sims are Knowledge and Popularity).
3. My hood has an orphanage with no toddler atm but he could adopt and after that, Coralie could left him.

I don't know yet how this story will unfold since I have some drama playing in the background.

Could you him having a family if she passes early? He might decide to put his wish on the backseat and be a father later in life.

Or they could stay married, but he could adopt and move into a different household (maybe adjoining apartments?). Couples do not have to live together

Or maybe he knows a single girl or a lesbian couple that would like a donor baby with an involved father?

Or if she had a hard time with the quads as babies, maybe she'd adopt a teen (or an older child) with him?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1002 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 8:43 PM
Essa, maybe he adopts after she passes, or even remarries to someone else younger. She's likely to predecease him by 20 days or so, if he ages up in platinum when the time comes. Or maybe something happens with one of his siblings, and one or more of their kids needs to be adopted by their uncle . . . (Do you have the lotsynctimer? With testingcheats on and her selected, you can click on it and see how many days she has left. She might only have a few, and while the sims wouldn't necessarily know that, it might affect your story greatly: perhaps he would know that her health is shaky, or perhaps simply knowing that they have limited time together because of the age gap he'd put off child rearing.)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#1003 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 11:37 PM
Arrange with one of his siblings, for a niece or nephew (child or teen) to stay for a few days. Maybe Coralie will then see that looking after one biddable older child or teen is a very different prospect to looking after 4 screaming babies or toddlers. Maybe then she'll relent and agree to adopt an older child or teen. Such kids can be fun to play with and interesting to talk to. Your post seems to suggest there might be older children in the orphanage. I'm sure such a child would love the chance to live in a proper family home. Might it be possible for Arnaud and Coralie to visit the orphanage. Meeting a real flesh and blood child in need of her love might be enough to melt Coralie's heart. An individual child with a name, a face and a personality is a very different prospect to "children" in the abstract.

As you can see, I'm trying to think of a way to get a child into the house without any death, divorce, separation or other trauma.

An only child of a single mother himself, Andrew was never used to having other children in the house. So, when he thought of his future, he was rather career-focussed, and children didn't enter into his plans. But since he's been dating Julian, he's spent a lot of time at Julian's house, and got to know Julian's little sister and brother very well. He says, "Over the time I've been going steady with Julian, I've grown used to Brigitte and Hans being around me, and they've sort of grown on me. Often, when I go and visit Julian, I spend more time dancing with them than with him! So I think now I kind of like having children around; I certainly don't mind them. So, yes, if Julian wants to adopt a child when we've finished uni, then I certainly won't stand in his way. Once we have a child living in the house, I'm sure I'll soon grow to love them." But we're thinking well ahead of ourselves here. Andrew and Julian haven't even gone to uni yet -- they're still at school! And, since I'm planning on playing university with six month semesters, I don't know if I'll even live to see Andrew and Julian graduate.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#1004 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan
I've always assumed it was a "very bad thing" for a sim to die on vacation or that they couldn't. I don't know this for sure at all just my own assumption based on the nature of vacation hoods. I guess you could send the grave back to the home lot. Does anyone actually have a haunted hotel?

If the Prima Guide is correct, death on a vacation lot should be no different from death anywhere else. One big difference is that BV introduced the ability to negate a community lot death by backing out without saving. Before this, the community lot would always auto-save, making the death permanent with no way to avoid it.

I think it would be cool to have a haunted hotel, but I haven't yet had any sims die in the vacation 'hoods.
Field Researcher
#1005 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
I can't roll every time there's a fire, though, or I'd be rolling all the time. I think I'll only roll if someone actually catches on fire. Usually, the firefighters can put the fire out and the person is only hungry and stinky afterward, but fire is a serious injury so...

For fire, I definitely only roll for a sim that literally did catch on fire. If there's a fire, but no one got burned, no need to roll.

I'm sorry to hear that you lost Cyd, but I completely agree - a cave-in definitely as the possibility of being fatal and if the odds were not in his favour. I makes being in a more dangerous profession more serious, although there might be one or two "injury" chance cards in other random fields.
So glad my suggestions are bringing others fun in their own games

@Essa
I love that you are playing out a challenge of two people at different life stages wanting different things and what to do about it.
Is it the kind of thing that slowly erodes their relationship? Who is willing to comprise and who is not.

My favourite suggestions so far:
- have him involved as a donor with a family so he can be a parent without disrupting his relationship
- have him involve her more with his nieces and nephews
- have them consider a teenager in need of a home (more of a fostering situation perhaps)

Also, maybe one of his nieces or nephews is struggling - at school, or with depression, or something - and a change of scenery could help so they go to stay with their aunt and uncle for a bit.
Or a foreign exchange student comes to town and needs to be billeted somewhere so they volunteer.
Mad Poster
#1006 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 5:02 PM
@Essa -I'd have her changing her mind about kids and actually end up deciding that she really did want a child of her own and getting pregnant since a lot of women of that age group are having their first baby at about that age and some have even had babies of their own naturally in their 60's like one girl I knew as a kid.It could be that her borth control failed and after getting pregnant she comes to realize that she wants to be a parent to a baby and with a younger husband she won't have to worry that the child will be ophaned and babies grow up fairly quickly so that time would go by fast.
Theorist
#1007 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 6:42 PM
Thank you all for your great ideas.

Arnaud didn't address the subject yet. Coralie will aged to elder in two years (day 95 in my game) so it's too late for her to have a baby as an adult. In my previous hood I've had a few surprise late pregnancies though.
On a side note, Tara Desrosiers who is now a teen called Coralie and they're friends. In the Desrosierses household, things are hectic (2 adults, 4 teens and a toddler). Tara doesn't get along with one of her sisters. As a player, I'm spending my time trying to avoid them to fight and I was thinking about separating them (for my peace of mind ).

I don't know if Coralie will pass early. Time will tell (I should update and start using my ROS again).

@Sunbee I use the LotSynctimer. It's a must-have for me and my rotational in no particular order playstyle. I didn't know about this feature. I tried but I assume it works for elders only.
I have a bush which tells how many days left a sim have regarding the age group (hope that sentence makes sense).

@AndrewGloria
I like your proposal a lot.
His nieces and nephews are babies or toddlers atm and there are two teenage boys at the Orphanage. I may add orphaned children depending on my population census.

@Coriel_Muroz
The challenge was brought by those sims. I'm also interested in the outcome of this story.

Thank you for sharing your chance events.
I'm used to smite sims who are doing reprehensible things according to my rules (mostly fights and plate stealing) but your events are far more interesting.

@TadOlson
I don't play elders pregnancies.
IRL I met a woman who had a child at 53. I'm not sure it's common in France. On the other hand I know women who get babies in their forties.
Mad Poster
#1008 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 3:20 AM
@Essa for whatever reason I had it in my head that 56 was elder age-up. Yes, your sim must be an elder to get it to show days left.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#1009 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 3:52 AM
I've got a Mod that would let me toggle my couples if the female is an elder and her husband is younger to allow home to be treated as female and have her treated as male so they could have a baby and mine would still be adults at that age though with things changed like hair color to simulate that they're starting to transition into the elder state soon.SHe could with mods have her age reset back a few days and aging could be turned off to allow her to have a baby.That's what I'd do if a sim was too close to becoming an elder and hasn't had a child yet.
Theorist
#1010 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
@Essa for whatever reason I had it in my head that 56 was elder age-up. Yes, your sim must be an elder to get it to show days left.

@Sunbee
I use a lifespan mod where 1 simday = 1 year. The adult age lasts 43 days. They turn elder at 60.
Mad Poster
#1011 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 8:54 PM
There is a Inge 'bush' that shows how long a pixel has in their present life span:

http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Aging.htm
DAYS-LEFT SHRUB

It's the way I can plan for a proper funeral.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#1012 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 4:42 AM
I might sometimes play elders as still actually being adults with lighter hair colors and just pretend they aged up already when they haven't yet and call them elder adults only these ones can still bear children or at least one baby before they get too old.They'll likely be elderly when they baby ages into a toddler and might only make it to their child becoming a teen.I use a lifespan where 40 days is a year in their lives and use a aging controller Mod to turn aging on or off for sims in each age group.I only activate aging to let somebody transition to the next age group when the time comes and can reset the age if there's another one in that age group not supposed to age up.
Scholar
#1013 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 3:20 PM
Dilemma:
Chloe Curious has been having a long-time affair with General Buzz Grunt, mainly to get date rewards, and she has a toddler son with him. She recently began a torrid affair with Ripp Grunt, but Ripp died. Chloe has been wanting more financial security, so she has convinced the General to marry her. She plans to move into his house with her son (where Tank is also living) and maybe take a good chunk of Tank and Buck's inheritance. Chloe works in the paranormal career as a Medium, and her sister Lola is a Natural Scientist, so she currently has access both to the resurrection phone and the cowplant. She is not a bad person ethically, but she does want what she wants. So what does she do?

1) She resurrects Ripp as her lover. Ripp will likely come back with personality and aspiration changes, maybe even chemistry changes as well, so it's not guaranteed they'll still be hot for each other. She would probably have to move out with him under these circumstances and lose access to the inheritance.
2) She resurrects Ripp because she's upset he died, but she sends him on his way and stays with the General.
3) She waits until the General dies a natural death, then resurrects Ripp, although she'll be much older than him by then.
4) She feeds the General to the cowplant to a) get to his money quicker, b) drink the milk so she can be closer to Ripp's age when he is resurrected, and/or c) get him out of the way so she can be with Ripp.
5) She leaves Ripp in the grave and just lives her life with the General.
6) She feeds Tank to the cowplant just because. Ok, I probably won't do this. I love Tank, and he's having a tough time right now. I do think he might be the wrench in any of Chloe's plans, though.

I also have one other option: Olive could resurrect Ripp and set him loose. Who knows why Olive does things? She is an inscrutable witch. He would definitely be changed then, although probably not a zombie because I don't want to start another zombie apocalypse at this point.

Or suggest an option I haven't thought of. Thanks!
Mad Poster
#1014 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 3:30 PM
You left out "she seduces Tank for the fun of it and keeps the cowplant and bone phone in reserve for emergencies.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#1015 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 4:55 PM
How upset are Buzz and Tank about Ripps death? Would either of them resurrect him if he gained access to the phone?

How much is the general in love with her? Would he notice if she resurrected Ripp and started an affair?

What was her relationship with either of them? Is she inconsolable about Ripps death? If yes, I'd probably try to have her resurrect Ripp, than marry the general. And keep the cow plant in case he finds out about Ripp

Otherwise, I'd probably let him rest. Have her marry and see if she's happy. She could always decide to resurrect Ripp later if she is unhappy (or if you want the drama).
Mad Poster
#1016 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 5:10 PM
She'd move into the subsidized duplex townhouse if she were in my game and get income assistance while raising a toddler though she'd quit her job until the little one got older as single parents can't work outside the home if they have a toddler and it might mean living in subsidized rental housing to support the family.It would give her financial security wihle her child was a toddler and they'd have some money later on to move to a homestead and start farming which would earn money without the cost of hiring a babysitter for a child.
I had an issue making it harder to move new families into town and am currently working on a solution with one of my apartment builds.
Scholar
#1017 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 6:08 PM Last edited by sturlington : 17th Sep 2020 at 11:29 PM.
@Peni Griffin I could see her doing that for the challenge of it, but she and Tank have no attraction for each other, and Tank wouldn't do that to his dad. They are very close. You did make me think that Chloe might use the cowplant to get the General's past girlfriend, a townie, out of the picture. Does that qualify for an emergency?

@enebya Let's see: Buzz and Tank were not close to Ripp at all and are not that upset about his death. Yes, the general would probably notice--he's gaga over her, and the whole situation does feel a little icky. I think security and nice things are more important to Chloe than Ripp was. She really wants a hot tub, and the General can give it to her. Also, Chloe has the General's child, so it's important he be accepted into the Grunt family, too. And there are other men around she can fool around with if she gets the itch. So I'm leaning toward your last suggestion there. I think I am looking for an excuse to resurrect Ripp, so I might have Olive do it.

@TadOlson While that suggestion would make sense for someone like Blossom Moonbeam who is raising two kids alone but isn't willing to compromise herself, it doesn't work for Chloe who wants things the easy way and has the General wrapped around her little finger already. Also, there is no farming in Strangetown--it is desert--so a bit of a different scenario. It's also a small town with not a lot of job opportunities, although Chloe is doing very well in the paranormal career, probably because she's an alien hybrid.

UPDATE: I played out their wedding, and as per usual my Sims told me what they wanted. Thanks for helping me think this through. The resolution is in the What's happening in your game? thread.
Mad Poster
#1018 Old 18th Sep 2020 at 3:37 PM
@sturlington MY BACC is in the Stragnetown template and it's a farming town though the farming disen't always do very well in a drought because those can go on for a year or more.My town has very few job options because it's brand new.I have a rule about sims not working while raising toddlers if they don't have a partner to help.I've had sims like that one in the past who on giving birth suddenly changed for the better and gave up work when the baby was born though moving into subsidized rental housing was necessary to get by as they didn't want the baby taken by the social worker.
My drama is all about how my farmer sims in Dodge are going to manage though the big drought in 1841 and 1842 when they're getting little or no rain and little or no snow in the winter.
Scholar
#1019 Old 18th Sep 2020 at 3:48 PM
@TadOlson It's fun to see all the different directions people take this game!
Scholar
#1020 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 5:26 PM
So I think resurrection is a little too easy in the game, and there should be a price for the person who is being resurrected and the person who is asking for the resurrection. In my Strangetown, Olive is a witch and the person people have to come to if they want someone resurrected because she has a direct line to the Grim Reaper. I've already gotten some ideas on this thread about the price of resurrection for the person who is resurrected. But Olive doesn't really need money, so if you don't have something she wants, what would be a hefty price for the person who is asking for the resurrection to pay? For instance, Chloe had to give her the cowplant, but not everyone will have something like that that she would want.

Loss of skills? That's about the only thing I can come up with that would take effort to replace, but I am open to any ideas. This is coming up because one of my characters just died and two of his friends want him to be resurrected.
Forum Resident
#1021 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 5:33 PM
So I think resurrection is a little too easy in the game, and there should be a price for the person who is being resurrected and the person who is asking for the resurrection. In my Strangetown, Olive is a witch and the person people have to come to if they want someone resurrected because she has a direct line to the Grim Reaper. I've already gotten some ideas on this thread about the price of resurrection for the person who is resurrected. But Olive doesn't really need money, so if you don't have something she wants, what would be a hefty price for the person who is asking for the resurrection to pay? For instance, Chloe had to give her the cowplant, but not everyone will have something like that that she would want.

Loss of skills? That's about the only thing I can come up with that would take effort to replace, but I am open to any ideas. This is coming up because one of my characters just died and two of his friends want him to be resurrected.

The first thing that came to my mind was "their first born child". It's quite morbid, but if you don't resurrect everyone and their mother in the world, you could make the resurrected sim have a baby, and let Olive bring them up to be her live-in servant or something. If you're not a fan of that, then other things witches took according to my knowledge of folk tales include hair (not too big a price) and perhaps even the pleading person as a servant.
Scholar
#1022 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 6:12 PM
Ha, they have to change appearance to the bald hairstyle. I think that would hurt me more than them. Not everyone can pull off bald.
Theorist
#1023 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 6:36 PM

I don't do witches or resurrection in my game, however just had this idea you might like. Since a life is bein restored, then what 'bout life bein given as payment. Not a full life for life, but days from their life. Add those days to Olive's as a way (another way) of extending her life.

Could also make it that the person requesting a resurrection, and maybe even the one who's resurrected, give up their ability to father/ bear children.
Field Researcher
#1024 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 7:17 PM
I've posted similar stuff in other threads about resurrection and about risk of death.

Options for the newly resurrected Sim include:
Personality Change
Aspiration Change
Lowering max skill limit (using Sim Blender)
Fertility Change

In terms of cost:
- days of life - to Olive or to the newly resurrected Sim (they only get as many days as we're given before elderhood for instance)
- shared life (think Once Upon a Time when true love allowed them to share a heart, but if one dies they both die)
- giving Olive skill points
- giving Olive aspiration rewards
- someone else must die in their place
- they must seek out the voodoo doll and bring it back to her.
- they must offer her a soul (a gravestone for her collection)
Scholar
#1025 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 8:44 PM
Thanks for the advice, everyone. This is what I decided. I wanted to make it expensive.

1. The Sim must have a want to resurrect the dead Sim.
2. The Sim must be able to pay Olive the full price ($10,000). Olive will always shortchange, pay $5K and keep $5K for herself, so the Sim will always come back with a reversed personality.
3. The Sim must provide Olive with a friend or acquaintance that she can either feed to the cowplant or use for another reason (usually a townie).
4. There is a dice-roll chance of adverse effects on both the Sim asking for the resurrection and the resurrected. These could be: loss of memory, loss of fertility, loss of 3 days of life, loss of skills, loss of relationship between the two, or no effect.

Only Olive can resurrect Sims. Those going into the Paranormal career will no longer get that reward.
Page 41 of 48