Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#426 Old 1st Jun 2023 at 12:46 PM
Why would Maxis use language like conforming for a CAS kit? They want people to conform, but they themselves are exceptions from conformity?

What is TS4 really being turned into, that is the question. I thought TS5 was going to be turned into a silly clipart game. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

For those that don't know what the clipart reference is:

This so-called professional company even added the polygon seagull.

This whole thing is starting to feel like it is going off the rails, but it's their game, their way. Sims now have feelings and there must be conformity. I can't wait to see what is next.

Screenshot from:

The Sims is about to change forever and idk what to feel...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMcxvBidtkw
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#427 Old 1st Jun 2023 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat

The Sims is about to change forever and idk what to feel...

I think instead of gearing the product to the 12s they are now targeting about the 8s. So this means less and less and less appeal to me. So far from all I have seen of 5, Paralives, and LBY, Sims 3 will remain as my game.
Forum Resident
#428 Old 2nd Jun 2023 at 12:20 AM
I'd be interested in the grunge and library kits if they had anything actually useful, unique or new in them but it's just rehashes of the same stuff that previous packs already had, so boring.

Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I think instead of gearing the product to the 12s they are now targeting about the 8s. So this means less and less and less appeal to me. So far from all I have seen of 5, Paralives, and LBY, Sims 3 will remain as my game.

That'd be great actually, then I'd know that I no longer need to keep up with news about any future Sims and could just happily go on with my life without holding on to the useless hope that maybe one day Sims will be fun and mature again without having to get literal adult mods for that. I mean I already hold negative amount of hope for the future of the franchise but there still is tiny dumb part of me that keeps thinking "maybe the next game won't suck as much? Maybe it'll be perfectly alright?" I know I'll be disappointed just like I was with Sims 3 and then Sims 4 (and by the direction Paralives and Life By You are going...) and, Renee will do just that same thing again. But maybe it'll at least have nicer art style so the stuff that gets converted to Sims 2 will be nicer than the plastic pieces of crap that come from the Sims 4. Really doubtful about that too to be honest.

I do have to point out that 8 year olds rarely have their own money so they'd be awful target audience as they couldn't buy anything themselves. They should keep it aimed at the 12s or what I dream is that they'd bump the age rating to 16 to allow just a little bit of raunchiness in it. Not gonna happen but I can keep hoping right? I genuinely hope Life By You becomes massively popular so EA will see it and go "oh shit, adults play this game too???" and re-evaluate what their target audience should be. It's the adults who hold most of the money after all....
Mad Poster
#429 Old 2nd Jun 2023 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by foxmanic
I do have to point out that 8 year olds rarely have their own money so they'd be awful target audience as they couldn't buy anything themselves. They should keep it aimed at the 12s ...

I was being a bit silly but EA clearly is not trying to gain my sales. And that is sad. I cannot get past the Para in that game and do not like the nonspeaking and being told what is going on in LBY. So at this point I will be staying with 3 as my main game, unless there are some bigs changes in one or both of them.

I may even reinstall Medieval and play that a bit again?
Theorist
#430 Old 4th Jun 2023 at 11:09 AM
Dear SimGuruNova,

I'm feeling a little cheeky today, so I thought I would use some creativity instead of words to make my point. Certainly you're good with using creativity, right?

Do you see all the zeros in the number of searches of how to fix stuck things in TS4? Maybe ya'll should fix your messes so the game doesn't serve as a constant reminder of how broken it really is. I know, crazy idea, right? It would be great if this issue could be dropped (AKA fixed) for the rest of TS4's lifespan, however scary that number will end up being.

It isn't as if any of you at Maxis are going to fix this problem, but it gave me a good excuse to muck around in Photoshop regardless.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#431 Old 2nd Aug 2023 at 5:31 PM
My toxic hot take of that day is that, as a builder, EA could put out a kit of square, rectangular, triangular, and trapezoid windows for 15°, 30°, and 45° window heights for modern, rustic, and mid century houses to match the base game modern windows, and I’d buy it.

I really would, especially if they threw in some sensible additions, like a single door to match the 2 base game modern glass double doors, or a 3 tile wide window.

The modern set in the base game really in the modest compete all all the build sets in the base game, but a lack of triangular windows really sticks out, and has for several years…

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#432 Old 15th Aug 2023 at 2:01 AM
Where are the kits, Electronic Arts. Horse Ranch is dead. 😐

Lab Assistant
#433 Old 15th Aug 2023 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Where are the kits, Electronic Arts. Horse Ranch is dead. 😐

Already? It hasn't even been a month yet
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#434 Old 16th Aug 2023 at 1:26 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 16th Aug 2023 at 7:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Alunn
Already? It hasn't even been a month yet

It was justifiably dead on Arrival. People were saying get it on sale before it even launched.

Next pack please.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#435 Old 6th Sep 2023 at 3:46 AM
The poolside splash kits annoys me because why are the floaties full body outfits? Sims don’t even float properly with them on. 😐

That Modern Luxe kits is bedroom only. Some of the pieces go together a little too much (like that shelf). I hope the wallpaper and ceiling tiles come in white or white/grey because we have absolutely no properly paneling or wainscoting in the game.

The additional of a couch and/or glass dining table table (and no other items, since the vanity uses dining chairs) could have elevated the room beyond bedroom kit. Another request is a desk version of the vanity.

Now, it looks like an alternative to Vintage Glamour (Modern Glamour), or leftovers from the High School Years teen bedrooms.
Mad Poster
#436 Old 6th Sep 2023 at 4:04 AM
Spending money on Kits as a PC player continues to completely baffle me as I look at my collection of WAY better looking CC stuff that I got for free.

Though I'm not gonna lie, the pool one had me intrigued for a moment...then I heard it was a CAS kit....then I saw the catalog....needless to say, my intrigue had experienced a very quick and painless death.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#437 Old 7th Sep 2023 at 12:28 AM Last edited by daisylee : 15th Sep 2023 at 2:13 AM.
I have only gotten a few kits as the vast majority have been a very easy pass for me. I like the plants one I got the most and have used those items quite a lot. But for most I have had zero interest in them.

edit: from Sims VIP "The next batch of kits is coming out in early 2024, and will bring the two winning kits from the community vote. They have had their names confirmed: Goth Galore (Create a Sim) and Castle Estate (Build/Buy)."
Page 18 of 18