Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 8:15 AM Last edited by daisylee : 21st Feb 2022 at 9:28 AM.
Default How Many Hours Have You Played 4?
I just went over 1000 hours a little while ago. I wish I knew how many in 3 as WAY, WAY, WAY more. I play a little when a new EP or whatever I get, then lose interest fast.

IF they get their act together on the wedding one I may get to get the world as have the most interest in that. Maybe. But they need to fix the SNAFU they have now.

edit: I am so fed up with this game right now that I am going to totally uninstall on this laptop for now. Total mess.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 11:36 PM
I remember before I quit the game years ago I played the game for a few months and ended up so frustrated and angry... I can't play something that makes me in a bad mood.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2022 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
I remember before I quit the game years ago I played the game for a few months and ended up so frustrated and angry... I can't play something that makes me in a bad mood.

Totally understandable. We play to have fun, for a distraction. Not to raise our blood pressure sky high because we are so fed up with things.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2022 at 11:53 AM
I've often wondered how so many people get so much pleasure playing a game that has so many quirks and bugs as this one (would probably even go to their grave defending it). I keep coming to the same conclusion: they play simple - possibly un-modded or minimally modded - games that don't require much in the way of computer processing. The more the game requires of the CPU, the more problems arise, hence more frustrations. Unfixed bugs popping up = frustrations. Since mods are notorious for increasing and demanding processing power = frustrations.

I suppose if you live with something long enough, you eventually get used to it. I've played so many hours of this game that I think I'm slowly becoming immune to the frustrations. Wow.

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Forum Resident
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2022 at 12:08 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 23rd Feb 2022 at 11:03 AM.
It's not just how broken it is, it's that I don't feel like my families are families, I don't feel like anything I do is helpful or hurts my sims, there are no animations that I like, and sims have no personality. I also can't stand that free will is a joke in bad taste, I can't be controlling absolutely everything all the time! I need my sims to do things for themselves to feel like they are more than just pixels. That frustrates me even more than how broken it is. Even family trees get erased over time (that's one of the funnest things about playing, seeing through the generations!) I also hate how poorly managed the npc system is... And I'm sure I'm leaving hundreds of things that are wrong, since I don't even think about this game, because I hate it.
Test Subject
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2022 at 10:47 PM
I have lost track how many hours I've played the game. I have played it all day at times, before losing interest.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DouglasLancaster
I have lost track how many hours I've played the game. I have played it all day at times, before losing interest.

It shows on Origin.
My game has played smoothly on both my PC and laptop, but this current BS is too much for my patience now. And I also play just in bits as play some then am bored.
Scholar
#8 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 5:28 AM
dikosay: You "hit the nail on the head". Finally someone speaks the same language. Keeping the game simple is better and may not cause so much frustration. Seeing the game for what it is, not what what it could have been also helps. In the end of the day we are all humans and we can learn to live with things. I play the game for hours and hours and as long as the game do not crash to desktop (a thing that have experience with) I'm very happy. Bugs, glinches and all. It's like that old scrappy car you have that don't run properly. When you do know how to handle it you just drive it. Being frustrated over the things that don't work don't solve the problem and it will not help you. (OK, this metaphor is not ideal but I'm sure you can see what I'm aiming at).
Alchemist
#9 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 2:26 PM Last edited by Sorceress Supreme : 23rd Feb 2022 at 5:21 PM.
156 hours according to Origin before I had enough and abandoned the game (base game+Pets+City Living). I just couldn't stand how incredibly soulless and boring the game was. Also, I hate the cartoon style graphics from the bottom of my heart. You can make simmies look realistic and better with cc but the worlds themselves are horrible, like meant for five-year-olds. And all those endless download screens... Thank god I received the game + packs as a gift and didn't buy them myself. A lot of people love TS4 and that's fine but I hate it with passion.

My sister actually bought the Snowy Escape from Origin sale for herself before Christmas. She opened it once and then forgot it completely. She hasn't touch the game since.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 8:40 PM
Maybe 2 hours at a friend's house at the beginning. I hated it from the get go and the early live streams of the game showed me clearly that this wasn't for me. It felt unfinished, flat, ugly, limited, uninspried and after playing a bit to make sure, I let it go. This wasn't for me. I never understood how people talked about the "potential" or the "solid foundation" for expansions. Sims 3 basegame had that. I don't know anythign about game development but I also didn't understand how a rushed refurbished online game could have a solid foundation.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 24th Feb 2022 at 4:09 PM
According to Origin, 15 hours. That's nothing compared to Sims 2 (522 hours!!) and the even more countless hours in Sims 3. I just can't get into it for very long for more than a few hours at a time in total. :/
Field Researcher
#12 Old 25th Feb 2022 at 7:12 AM
I started playing ts4 on 4/22/19 and have played it for 2597 hours (plus a few hours offline). I haven't played at all for the past few months but it's normal for me to take a sims break a couple times a year and play something else (or read more). I enjoy ts4 for what it is and for how I play (and it runs just fine on my computer). I play it a lot like I played ts2.

I don't use very many mods right now (roughly 15). I didn't use any for the first year of playing. I've always planned to wait until EA was done with ts4 so I wouldn't have to deal with updating more of them constantly.

TS4 could certainly be better though. I'd like to see ts2 personalities added. I think those combined with the traits would give sims some decent personality. At this point though, I don't have much hope for ts5 being any good.
Alchemist
#13 Old 22nd Mar 2022 at 7:06 PM
I bought at launch and played like 200 hours since then. It just didn't hook me like TS3. I wish I had a record of my hours on that game.
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Mar 2022 at 8:20 PM
I've clocked in over 1000 hours for Sims 4
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 22nd Mar 2022 at 10:15 PM
Nowhere near as many hours as Sims 1 or 3, let alone Sims 2 (unknown but my best guess is somewhere over 5000 hours).
Alchemist
#16 Old 23rd Mar 2022 at 10:25 AM
since 2014 ... maybe 40h?

what does his name even mean?
Mad Poster
#17 Old 23rd Mar 2022 at 7:10 PM
Play time or time spent in build/buy? I spend a ton of time in build buy. Live Mode? Pfft.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Test Subject
#18 Old 18th Apr 2022 at 11:29 PM
According to Origin, I have 887 hours in Sims 4. I don't think that's accurate at all for actual playtime.. I tend to have the game open even if I'm not actively playing.
Test Subject
#19 Old 1st Dec 2022 at 4:29 PM
I have over 20,000 hours. But that's in part because I tend to forget to quit my game. I also have gotten into mod and cc creation so testing has upped the hours. This also doesn't include my offline hours.
Instructor
#20 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 11:36 AM
honestly, I kinda miss playing the Sims 4. it's the only series that I could create many diverse Sims in LGBTQ spectrum (and proper male pregnancy). I used to be grumpy about it, but since Maxis added gay and lesbian couples, and pronoun, I'm getting a little bit warmed up. just wish the expansion packs didn't cost too much just for bare minimum gameplay.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes