Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2020 at 8:14 PM
Default WCIF a hack that makes children and teens callable during the day on snow days?
It's super stupid that kids will get a snow day and then when they call their friends to invite them over they get told that the friends are at school when that's obviously not the case because all the kids go to the same school and that school is having a snow day. Is there a hack that fixes this? Ideally one that doesn't conflict with Cyjon's Night Calling, but if it does I can probably work around it.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 26th Aug 2020 at 10:55 AM
Well, I haven't heard of such a mod. And I am interested in it myself. But as a workaround, you can use the Sim Blender(or another equivalent) to teleport the sim to the lot. This is what I do when I want to invite a teen that went to Uni but I still haven't started the Uni round

I need a cigarette
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Aug 2020 at 8:54 PM
Why would you need to do that in that case? I've never had any trouble inviting over sims who are in the student bin.
Alchemist
#4 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 1:48 AM
Kestellyn, do you have BO's Phones for All? Or maybe do all your teens have cell phones? Otherwise you can't call a sim who is in the sim bin, if they don't have a cell phone. You'll get the 'this person doesn't have a phone' message.

Anyway, I'd love to see a mod for this as well. Usually if I really want to make the call, I break out Christianlov's hacked phone to call them/invite them over.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 1:57 AM
I do give all of my sims phones as soon as they become teens, yes, mostly because I don't bother putting wall phones on most college lots and the wall phones in the main neighborhood barely serve to allow all the kids to call their friends. I can't imagine the chaos if every teen, adult, and elder in the house were all trying to monopolize the wall phones as well.
Alchemist
#6 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 4:30 AM
In my game, I've modded the phone to be $500 and to make cell phone calls cost money so not everyone gets one. Also, I use a relationship mod--Inge's--so relationships aren't decaying all the time. That's probably the main reason why I don't need everyone to have a cell phone anymore. Otherwise, yeah, it gets crazy with everyone trying to keep up their relationships.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 4:38 AM
It's not even about keeping up old relationships - I often let them decay because when your popularity sim has 30+friends keeping up with all of them is just impossible. I'm just talking about keeping up with the "be friends with X"/"be best friends with X"/"talk to X"/"call X to chat" wants. I have some popularity sims that repeated roll wants to meet someone new, then they want to be friends with the person they met, then they want to be best friends with that person, then they want to meet someone new again... over and over, forever. Those sims are never not talking on the phone.
Alchemist
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 10:57 PM
@kestrellyn I found this today: Phone Calls On Snow Days by whoward69 at PicknMixMods. Not sure if you already know about it, but I thought just in case, you know?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 11:10 PM
Whoward69 actually messaged me with this mod some time after I had made this thread. You can see on the page that I'm listed as the inspiration for it, haha.
Alchemist
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 12:17 AM
I thought so, since like you say, you were mentioned on the page. Good to spread the word though, right?

Meet Me In My Next Life
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 1:36 AM
@Phantomknight Good link you left unfortunately I don't have the required EP M & G. but thanks for sharing.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Forum Resident
#12 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@Phantomknight Good link you left unfortunately I don't have the required EP M & G. but thanks for sharing.

Same. Looked at the link and saw that M&G was required, which is an SP I don't own.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Alchemist
#13 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 6:41 PM
So Simonut, yeah, it looks like you would need a different version but @CrystalFlame360, if you do have AL, I would try it, or at least PM Whoward69 and ask about it.