Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#601 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by seraphime
Perhaps the "limited edition" pets are the ones shown in that trailer.. or perhaps not. I'm sure new pets will be added via the Sims Store..

yes, the Premium Content section in the sims store has become a new source of hope for my game, so i hope you will be right.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#602 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 10:26 PM
I have to say I'm not keen on those fake painted animals - tiger, panda, etc. We can do that nonsense ourselves. Give me a REAL Tiger for 'limited edition' and I can guarantee I'll beg, borrow, or... scavenge enough money somehow to get the limited edition while they still have some.
Lab Assistant
#603 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 10:51 PM
Default Yay Horses! Finally!!!
I think it's about time the brought the Horse to the Sims!!! I just hope they don't ruin it. The Sims 2 Pets was good, but they should have done better, and I feel to do a Great Pet EP they need to include a wide variety: dogs, cats, horses, birds, reptiles, fish, rodents, plus Wild: racoons, rabbits, wolves, squirrels, skunks, and maybe Exotic:? And of course they need to include more interactions and abilities w/ pets than 2, such as fighting for their master, bringing in the paper, and sharing a bed, etc. I think Sims 3 Pets will be better than 2, but the trailers are sometimes misleading, and I hope and pray they won't be too much this time!!
Retired
retired moderator
#604 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 11:04 PM
My main concern is regionally appropriate animals in China/France/Egypt. Give a little extra gameplay by making the breeds native to WA destinations. Some awesome set up like:

France:
Dogs - Poodles/Papillons
Cats - Chartreux/Birman

Super rare stray: Pastel pink poodle.

Egypt
Dogs - Ibizan Hound
Cats - Egyptian Mau

Super rare stray: Anubis dog.

China
Dogs - Shih Tzu/Pugs/Chow Chow
Cats - Dragon Li Cats.

Super rare stray: Panda chow.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
#605 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Celebriton
May be it will excluded.

I watched the leaked Generations trailer, there are a lot of family photos on the wall in the beginning of the video. I thought finally we can capture sims photos and hang it on the wall. But it didn't happen. That is why EA pulled the leaked trailer, I guess.

I hope it didn't happen with the Pets. I hope for the raccoon and deer too. They look amazing in the trailer.

You can capture Sim's photos... with WA.
Lab Assistant
#606 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KaiRuh
You can capture Sim's photos... with WA.

Not anymore, because Generations broke the photography system.
Lab Assistant
#607 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tempscire
Is that actually a confirmed thing? Never trust a trailer and all...

I saw SimGuruGraham say on Twitter the other day that Grim will sometimes ride a horse.
Lab Assistant
#608 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sisvl
Not anymore, because Generations broke the photography system.

Really? I haven't had any problems with it since installing Generations...Maybe that's the one Glitch I didn't get it.
Retired
retired moderator
#609 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 11:56 PM
SimGuruGraham said that Grim will interact differently with different animals when they die. I took this as a hint that Grim would ride off on dead horses...

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Forum Resident
#610 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PureFilth
I saw SimGuruGraham say on Twitter the other day that Grim will sometimes ride a horse.

Hooray! I wonder if it's random or if particular circumstances trigger it.

Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
SimGuruGraham said that Grim will interact differently with different animals when they die. I took this as a hint that Grim would ride off on dead horses...

I just figured that meant something like in TS2 when he'd throw a stick for the deceased dogs to fetch kind of thing... Hm, not that those are mutually exclusive options.

~
I tracked down the relevant tweets, for those (like me) who hadn't seen them before :
1. Yes, Grim behaves differently with the animals - that's why you've seen him on horseback!
2. Grim will ride a horse from time to time now, it looks very cool when he does
Mad Poster
#611 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 6:19 AM
I just saw the new interview and I'm so happy cats will bring you dead mice and stuff \o/
I hope you can bury the animals your cats bring you, not just wrap them in a plastic bag and put them into the garbage.
Lab Assistant
#612 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 5:18 PM
Grim's horse should be named Binky...
Theorist
#613 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
I just saw the new interview and I'm so happy cats will bring you dead mice and stuff \o/
I hope you can bury the animals your cats bring you, not just wrap them in a plastic bag and put them into the garbage.

I remember cats did that in Unleashed, glad to see it back.

So the release date is officially October 18th. I'm glad we're still getting little tidbits of info here and there but hopefully some more screenshots get released soon. I'd also like to know what exactly the special pet objects in the limited edition will be.
Instructor
#614 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 10:43 PM
It is unlike EA to release EP info when it is so far from release, so it'll come out eventually.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
#615 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 3:36 AM
I preorder my copy :D
#616 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 5:03 AM

*shudder-gulp @ dead mices* ... I only hope my male sims are man enough to dispose of the corpses in a timely manner whilst my self-sim has a 'tired and emotional' moment in the laundry room, and as for said corpses disposal, I pray that my Odour Free Toilet can handle the workload...
#617 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CamiiMania
Grim's horse should be named Binky...

I can see it now, like the four horsemen of the Apocalypse .. Death, War, Famine .. and Binky ...
Mad Poster
#618 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 5:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
*shudder-gulp @ dead mices* ... I only hope my male sims are man enough to dispose of the corpses in a timely manner whilst my self-sim has a 'tired and emotional' moment in the laundry room, and as for said corpses disposal, I pray that my Odour Free Toilet can handle the workload...

:D

I've had to do corpse disposal work with my previous cat. Sometimes he would bring me two preys. I assume the full mouse was suppose to be my dinner and the one with just the intestines left was his.

As much as I did appreciate his efforts to keep me fed with organic meat, the disposal part did require a bit of courage, and a few self prep talks before I was able to do it.

Coming back to the Sims, I do hope some Sims will have a harder time disposing of the bodies than other Sims. Like cowards would faint, while dare devils would just do it.
#619 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 11:28 AM
:D

I've had to do corpse disposal work with my previous cat. Sometimes he would bring me two preys. I assume the full mouse was suppose to be my dinner and the one with just the intestines left was his.

As much as I did appreciate his efforts to keep me fed with organic meat, the disposal part did require a bit of courage, and a few self prep talks before I was able to do it.

Coming back to the Sims, I do hope some Sims will have a harder time disposing of the bodies than other Sims. Like cowards would faint, while dare devils would just do it.

Cats are generous like that! lol! I had a cat drop a half dead mouse into one of my wellies once ... Don't ask ..

But coming back to Sims, I agree .. but dread to think what Evil, Natural Cook Sims would do with them .. 'Mouse Surprise' anyone?
Lab Assistant
#620 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 12:53 PM
'Mouse Surprise' anyone?

Today's dinner will be Kitty's Special, courtesy of Mittens.

This signature has been censored because of the 13 year old badly written sentimentalism. -.-
#621 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Foxen
Today's dinner will be Kitty's Special, courtesy of Mittens.

Ewwww! DO NOT WANT!
Top Secret Researcher
#622 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 10:44 AM
I can see it now, like the four horsemen of the Apocalypse .. Death, War, Famine .. and Binky ...

Don't forget Kaos, who left the group before they all got famous!

I really hope the new supernatural is a shapeshifter of some kind. Extra bonus points for making specific type, i.e. cat-shifter, dog-shifter, etc, but a general shapeshifter would also make me happy. I just hope it's not a random thing that Sims can't become, like Simbots and Imaginary Friends.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Instructor
#623 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 3:09 PM
http://simsvip.com/?p=2456

Well, this interview confirms that breeding horses will be in TS3 Pets!
Top Secret Researcher
#624 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 5:22 PM
Nice It's being released on my birthday. That's my present then!
Theorist
#625 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 6:21 PM
I don't know if you saw this or not, but it should help you with the list:
http://simsvip.com/?p=1838

And, I don't know if this was asked, I remember somebody saying something about woohoo, but does anyone know if woohoo or pregnancy of animals is possible? I'm probably really late on this question, lol..And do the animals bloat up like the sims? Or not bloat up all the way, well horses would bloat up but show a sign of something in their "Tummy?"
Locked thread
Page 25 of 100