Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 4:06 AM Last edited by GenericFan : 26th Apr 2021 at 4:05 AM.
Default Upload Error: "No File Uploaded!"
I've been trying to upload a new set of wallpapers for TS4 for the past three days, and I've tried just about everything I can think of. I've re-archived the .packages with .rar, then deleted the archive and tried .zip instead, tried splitting up the separate .packages instead of the merged .package, it all came back with this error.

Here's a mediafire link to the files I'm trying to upload: link
This includes all .packages involved, but I've been archiving and attempting to upload the merged .package labelled [ALL] which rolls all the other .packages into one.

Screenshots
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 8:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GenericFan
I've been trying to upload a new set of wallpapers for TS4 for the past three days, and I've tried just about everything I can think of. I've re-archived the .packages with .rar, then deleted the archive and tried .zip instead, tried splitting up the separate .packages instead of the merged .package, it all came back with this error.

Here's a mediafire link to the files I'm trying to upload: link
This includes all .packages involved, but I've been archiving and attempting to upload the merged .package labelled [ALL] which rolls all the other .packages into one.

Hello @GenericFan,
I am no expert but the file size seems very large.
Is it possible you are uploading the file folder rather than the compressed .rar or zip.file?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#3 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 10:10 AM
318mb is larger than the maximum we support.  If you see the text that says "To see the types and sizes of files you can upload, click here." and click on that link, then you'll note that the maximum is 250mb.  You need to split that archive up, or try compressing it using maximum compression or... do something else with it.  Either way, it's too big.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 12:23 PM Last edited by GenericFan : 25th Apr 2021 at 12:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ladysimplayer8
Hello @GenericFan,
I am no expert but the file size seems very large.
Is it possible you are uploading the file folder rather than the compressed .rar or zip.file?

The [ALL] file in its own.rar is what I've been putting in the uploader. Is that not correct? If I put the file folder itself without compression via WinRar, that's not a .rar, just a folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
318mb is larger than the maximum we support.  If you see the text that says "To see the types and sizes of files you can upload, click here." and click on that link, then you'll note that the maximum is 250mb.  You need to split that archive up, or try compressing it using maximum compression or... do something else with it.  Either way, it's too big.

Correct, I haven't been putting all of those at once in the upload wizard, as I said in my post. Only the file labelled [ALL] in its own, separate .rar archive. But since the [ALL] contains all the other .packages, I linked all involved files and, on the off chance it was only a single .package throwing off the uploader, I included all relevant files for troubleshooting purposes here. The [ALL] .rar archive is 157MB.

Here is the latest re-archived .rar I've just tried submitting, with the same error: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ubyd...L%255D.rar/file
Inventor
#6 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GenericFan
The [ALL] file in its own.rar is what I've been putting in the uploader. Is that not correct? If I put the file folder itself without compression via WinRar, that's not a .rar, just a folder.

Hello@GenericFan,
This is a link to another creator (@CT04) who recently uploaded Sims4 wallpaper to compare your size of file with theirs: https://modthesims.info/d/655055/4t...-game-pack.html
The largest file contains all the wallpapers and is 972.3 kb.
I hope this helps?
Good luck!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ladysimplayer8
Hello@GenericFan,
This is a link to another creator (@CT04) who recently uploaded Sims4 wallpaper to compare your size of file with theirs: https://modthesims.info/d/655055/4t...-game-pack.html
The largest file contains all the wallpapers and is 972.3 kb.
I hope this helps?
Good luck!

The creation you linked is a Sims4 wallpaper converted into a Sims2 wallpaper, from what I'm seeing? The papers I am trying to upload are for Sims4, made from a Sims4 paper. I made it using Sims4Studio's 'Standalone Recolor' option from its build menu, using the Sims4 Vaiyon Slacks as a base. Is that why the file sizes are so much different? Or is there something I can do to make the .rars or .packages smaller without removing content?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Apr 2021 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh

After meditating on my stupidity, I realized what you meant in this reply. I was misunderstanding the post in Site News about not splitting archives to mean I couldn't put mods into separate parts at all, as well as misunderstanding the abbreviations for file sizes and thinking the error not saying anything about size meant that couldn't have been the issue. Thank you for your help and patience despite the obviousness of the answer!

To walk myself through this I've been taking screenshots along the way and am sharing a collage of them to memorialize this moment and maybe help anyone else who has a brain fart for three days straight like I clearly did:

Screenshots
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#9 Old 26th Apr 2021 at 11:37 AM
I've fixed the issue with the 157mb archive - and have successfully uploaded it myself as a test.  Thanks for sharing it!  Turns out I'd left the limit set to 102mb rather than increasing it to 250mb. 

I also fixed another issue which could have resulted in a 500 error if the file uploaded was too big.

Thanks for being patient while we fix this issue!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.