Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Buyable Vehicles / No Moveobjects needed for Cars *Updated for EP*

by Petreak Posted 10th Nov 2004 at 9:33 PM - Updated 11th Dec 2008 at 6:57 PM by -Maylin-

132 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 124 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Test Subject
#51 Old 6th May 2005 at 2:56 PM
Default Thanks!
I *love* these cars. So far used them for a hospital http://www.livejournal.com/users/thesims2lots/439.html and they just make it so much better
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 10th May 2005 at 6:26 PM
I am having problems with this installed.

The limo still turns up for Mr Sim as does the Police Car for Mrs Sim and the Schoolbus for all the little Sims. However, the nanny, maid and repairman won't turn up when they are supposed to. Instead, the game just hangs. When I put the 'boolprop testingcheatsenalbled true' mode on a window pops up to tell me that its tried doing something 3 times (i assume getting the nanny/maid/whatever to come to the house) and it's failed and a log has been sent to my logs folder.

Ok. So, I'd read above that if these sort of things happen, then delete the relevant files. So I deleted the maidmobile the nannymobile and the repairmantruck. However, they still won't turn up. And, when I get a sim to call a service from the phone, the repairman option isn't available and neither is maid (the game assumes I already have one) which it continues to try to get to come to my lot. I can still ring a nanny and she says "do you want to cancel our schedule or want me just for now?" When I say just for now, again, the error occurs.

I am going to delete all the car files now and see if it goes back normal. If it is still not right and they won't show up when they are supposed to, what should i do?

Congrats anyway on a great attempt. I can get the cars to show up as decor objects but don't even need the moveObjects cheat on. I just can't have the characters not turning up because my houses are getting dirty, my children aren't looked after and I can't fulfil the wants of my Sims!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#53 Old 10th May 2005 at 7:40 PM
Hi. I'm not sure why that is happening to you. I have had no problems. I haven't heard of anyone else having those problems either. Did you remove all the vehicles, and if so, did it fix the problem? If it did not fix the problem when you removed them, then it's not my cars that are causing the problem, but another mod you have installed. If that's the case, you will have to remove each mod 1 at a time until the game works as it's supposed to.

I hope you can get working again.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 11th May 2005 at 4:36 PM
Ok, I've deleted all the files from the downloads folder and the problem is still happening.

I'm getting errors such as "Car Maidmobile - 0, 8" #531. tried to run animations three times. (Or something very similar to this) If I select cancel, it just shows up again. If I select reset it then shows an error message the same but says there is a stack break or something (?). I have to select delete to continue.

I am also getting similar messages refering to the "nannymobile" and the repair man (when I've ordered one). None of these characters will show up.

Can you shed any light on these messages? Is there somewhere we can post the error logs for people who can understand them?

Also, Petreak, can you just verify that there are 22 files in your package all beginning with "Petreak_CF..." because I have removed all these and so if that's all there is, it can't be your mod.

Sorry, I'm not trying to blame you, it's just that it seems to be a similar problem to those earlier in the thread with this mod and with it being related to cars, I assumed it must be this mod.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 12th May 2005 at 5:37 AM
Continued errors with buyable cars mod - error log files
I have removed all mods that i can remember, or recall the name of, that I installed the day the errors started to occur. I will test out the game later today and keep you posted. Most of the things I installed where only objects or wall colourings, floors etc and I can't see these affecting the cars. I did also install a smaller fridge, some portable TVs and a jukebox. Again, how these could affect the cars, I really don't know, but I have removed them all from the game now.

Like I said, I removed the 22 files beginning with 'Petreak_CF...' and the error still seems to be occuring. Is there another file hidden away somewhere that I also need to delete?

I will post some error logs below. They include a variety of NPCs that won't arrive. I have loads of error logs, so I just selected a few. I would appreciate it if someone could have a look through them and explain what's going on, as I don't really understand them.... :confused:
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ObjectError_N001_t1857092.rar (9.1 KB, 23 downloads)
File Type: rar  ObjectError_N001_t1857093.rar (9.0 KB, 16 downloads)
File Type: rar  ObjectError_N001_t1860205.rar (12.0 KB, 20 downloads)
File Type: rar  ObjectError_N001_t1860208.rar (12.0 KB, 15 downloads)
File Type: rar  ObjectError_N001_t1861614.rar (9.5 KB, 17 downloads)
Test Subject
#56 Old 13th May 2005 at 5:26 PM
Default Bless You!
This will help with stories. Much easier to place cars where I'd like than have to manuever them in and pray they don't drive off before I get my shots in. Thanks!

"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory."
My cat intends to conquer the world. One nap at a time.
Aysen - (Turkish) "Beautiful, Like The Moon"
Test Subject
#57 Old 13th May 2005 at 7:04 PM
Thank you for your work,

{Simdaddy}
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 14th May 2005 at 12:02 AM
Petreak, have you any further suggestions as to my problem?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#59 Old 16th May 2005 at 11:19 PM
Did you ever download my original cars? They did not have my name on them. They were just the names of the cars. If you did, that could be causing the problem. If you removed all 22 files, I don't have a clue what could be causing the problem. It has to be someone eles's mod causing the problem.
#60 Old 21st May 2005 at 12:45 PM
SASDcdddcdd
Test Subject
#61 Old 1st Jun 2005 at 2:01 AM Last edited by Tustin2121 : 1st Jun 2005 at 2:11 AM. Reason: Downloaded and looked
May I suggest that the reason your cars don't work is that they have some relation to the original ones? How do you create them? Did you take the 3D file and move it to a vase object? or did you just take the original Vehicals and delete behaviors and global datas and such?

If you did the second one (which would cirtainly seem the eaiser way) then you probibly forgot to get rid of a refrence to the original objects. I should probibly download these to see before I critisize...

This is intresting... How are you refrencing the 3D data? could this be causing your problem?

Tustin2121
Forum Resident
#62 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 12:56 AM
great job once agaon
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 5:39 PM
Hello,

Just an update on my problem. At the advice of other Modthesimmers (!?) I moved out all my sims from my troubled lot and put them in the family bin. I moved them to another house and all the NPCs and service sims turn up fine, just like they should.

For some reason the cars download only affected that particular lot. It must've been this mod that was affecting it, because (in my sheer desperation!) I removed every mod that was dated the same or after I installed this one. I then moved the family out and into a new home (as stated above) and everything worked fine. I have put all the other mods back in (minus this one) and the game seems to run fine again. I never downloaded your original cars either so that can't be the problem. I haven't tried going back into the lot with another family yet, but have been advised, if it still doesn't work on reentry, I should send it to the lots and houses bin and then put in back into the neighbourhood again.

I'm really sorry this doesn't work for me, I was looking forward to making Drive-Ins, but I am glad it works for other people. Maybe it just isn't compatable with my game or my system? Who knows?

Thanks for all the help and advice from everyone. Very much appreciated.

Twisted Disco~~~*
Test Subject
#64 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 12:24 AM
awsome! but can dis b used in sims2? or does it require sims2 nightlife?
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 12th Jun 2005 at 2:59 AM
Thanks! Finally I can build a garage with a purpose!!!
Test Subject
#66 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 5:59 PM
Thank you soooo much! This is really great for story making and movie making!
Test Subject
#67 Old 3rd Jul 2005 at 8:55 PM
These look excellent, i've been car-hunting (haha) for a while...My problems are now solved :D
Test Subject
#68 Old 5th Jul 2005 at 10:24 AM
Do you think you could make a London taxi and London bus?
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#69 Old 5th Jul 2005 at 12:53 PM
These cars are going to be useful for movie and storymaking! Cheers!
#70 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 8:04 AM
Oh Come On, You can program them to make them drivable by the sims. and You could go places with it, Anywhere!!!
Test Subject
#71 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 9:36 AM
now i dont have to wait for nightlife! I knew that 5 months of making a garage door would pay off someday! great work!
#72 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 4:08 PM
Great for making parking lots. Thanks alot!
Test Subject
#73 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 5:19 PM
Thank you! I do wish we could drive them though :S
Test Subject
#74 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 5:37 PM
awsome more cars
Test Subject
#75 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 9:59 AM
Default Car Recoloring or Something like that.
Petreak,

Your cars are awesome! However my friends and I are making a Dukes of Hazzard: Gone Sims" movie. Could you clone one of these cars into a General Lee ('69 Dodge Charger) or post a walk-through on how I could this myself?

Thanks,

Riley

P.S. Here is a JPG image of the General Lee made for Sims1. If that helps you.
P.S.S. Not too be a PITA, but I also sent this in a PM to you!
Screenshots

SLASHER BBS(TM), INC. (c) John Riley telnet://slasherbbs.com or Website http://slasherbbs.com
Riley - Personal Computer Doctor (c) John Riley telnet://rileypcmd.com or Website http://rileypcmd.com
rileypcmd and rileypcmd.com is a registered trademark of Riley's - Personal Computer Doctor
Page 3 of 6