Replies: 1820 (Who?), Viewed: 244232 times.
Page 6 of 73
Field Researcher
retired moderator
#126 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 9:28 PM
I wanted WEATHER not another Late Night.

PM me with a request!
Field Researcher
DELETED POST
6th Dec 2011 at 9:28 PM
This message has been deleted by HystericalParoxysm. Reason: Response to deleted post.
Field Researcher
DELETED POST
6th Dec 2011 at 9:33 PM
This message has been deleted by HystericalParoxysm. Reason: Response to deleted post.
Scholar
#127 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 9:44 PM
I'm a little worried about the crowds. What if they're NPCs? You know how NPCs work in Sims 3, right?

I'm having the teensiest bit of concern that every time I play a celebrity EA is going to generate ten more npcs to clog up my hood.
Theorist
#128 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 9:46 PM
Quote:
Oh my, that new "venue" looks like a Rabbit Hole to me.

The venues in the trailer look legit to me, they're pretty impressive.

Hi I'm Paul!
Field Researcher
DELETED POST
6th Dec 2011 at 10:03 PM
This message has been deleted by HystericalParoxysm. Reason: Response to deleted post.
Inventor
DELETED POST
6th Dec 2011 at 10:05 PM
This message has been deleted by HystericalParoxysm. Reason: Response to deleted post.
Forum Resident
#129 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 10:12 PM
Isn't this Late Night?
Scholar
#130 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarity
Was EA cashing in on whats popular withsuperstar????

god you people are MORONS~!!!

You are having an exclamation mark filled argument that has you upset enough to be insulting people.

About a computer game.

Chill the f--k out.

It's probably best if you walk away from the computer for a while.
Forum Resident
#131 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameranutz2
STWFTIILNAAEPTWTAYBOOYP isn't a feasible acronym for that so guess I'll stick with SHT. :cylon:


Let's just add an I into SHT, then there's the perfect acronym for this EP.......

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
Scholar
#132 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy harries
Let's just add an I into SHT.......

It's a silent I.
Forum Resident
#133 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 10:22 PM Last edited by Miko09 : 6th Dec 2011 at 10:40 PM. Reason: If you dont have anything nice to say, say it then edit it later
I think this EP is too focused. It would better if it was much broader instead of mainly focusing on "making it big". Hopefully, more details with will flesh out the rest of the EP and give it some substance.
Instructor
#134 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 10:23 PM
In all honesty, the EP is giving a lot of people what they have asked for. We are getting singers. We are getting the DJ booth. It looks like we are getting real stages, rather than the little platforms we saw in Late Night. We are getting the fire dancing stuff like we had in Sims 2. We are getting a pool table. Plus we are getting a lot of stuff we may or may not like -- things like the acrobatic stuff and the magician stuff.

Also EA is playing the Facebook game, because games there, like Farmville, are money makers. Now, I won't use that. I closed my Facebook account over a year ago after my friends were getting spammed with phony messages.

I think the problem is, there is a lot of stuff EA is not giving us. Obviously, they re not giving us weather. They are not giving us diving boards. They are not giving us the opportunity to run our own stores. They are not giving us helicopters (one of the coolest things in Sims 2, IMHO). We are not getting bowling alleys or some of the other board games. All of this has been done before and all of it can be done. In fact, I suspect the code for a lot of things, like weather, has already been done, and may or may not already be buried in the game somewhere. But I suspect future EPs will have all of this. It's just they are going to make us wait another six months or longer.

I suspect we will never see bassoons, violins, or french horns. They certainly are within the realm of possibility. The game would have been better if EA had used midi files to allow gamers to supply their own songs and instruments. They could have also included a primitive synth with a collection of different patches to allow for different sounds. It would not have been all that hard to do. But EA has gone in a different direction.

Since I did not have high expectations for the spring release, I am not particularly disappointed. My test for whether an EP is good or bad is whether it keeps me occupied until the next release. I suspect this one won't.

I am just disappointed that EA seems to be intent on dribbling out stuff which we have seen before in Sims 2. I wish all of that stuff had been included in the basic game and that they would have focussed their efforts on making new and exciting EPs.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#135 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 10:26 PM
Alright guys, everyone - that means everyone - gets to stop insulting one another and abusing the poor homeless smilies now. There is a thick line between disagreeing and and arguing, and if you still can't spot it following this post, then it is a wonder you can walk around without hitting walls, let alone type.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
#136 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Plains Gamer
I suspect we will never see bassoons, violins, or french horns. They certainly are within the realm of possibility. The game would have been better if EA had used midi files to allow gamers to supply their own songs and instruments. They could have also included a primitive synth with a collection of different patches to allow for different sounds. It would not have been all that hard to do. But EA has gone in a different direction.


Even if they did, I've seen very few completely new CC instrument meshes that are anywhere near to the par of EA's quality.

I don't mean any disrespect the CC community. I could never even begin to mesh anything myself. However, it's just that EA knows how to do it perfectly, so I leave it up to them. They also know how to do animations.

But even if the CC community did somehow find a way to start creating highly detailed instruments with great animations, I still would be mad at EA either way. I'm not asking for a bassoon or french horn. I'm more asking for a saxophone. It would have fit perfectly in Late Night with the jazz theme going on.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Top Secret Researcher
#137 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 10:51 PM
Bassoon Crazy, it would not be hard to create a mesh for an instrument but the animations would be tricky. EA could do it very easily so it is odd they have not done so yet. I imagine we will have to wait for the "Jazz" pack or the "Main Street Parade" pack.

I bet everyone here has one thing they really want for the Sims 3 but may or may not get.
Scholar
#138 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rian90
I bet everyone here has one thing they really want for the Sims 3 but may or may not get.


I've wanted it since The Sims 1, and it's more of a fairness thing. In both The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 they have represented all major families of musical instruments except for the wind instrument family.

I'm sorry. I know I'm obsessive about this and have brought it up way too much, but I am sick and tired of it. They need to get this right already. =/

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Field Researcher
#139 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rian90
Bassoon Crazy, it would not be hard to create a mesh for an instrument but the animations would be tricky.


That seems to be the thing holding a lot of CCers back. It was only about nine months or so ago that we got the ability to make custom poses for the first time and I have yet to find anyone who has so far been able to make custom animations.
Theorist
#140 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 11:19 PM
I don't hate this EP, I think that they could have done something much better and it'll probably be fairly bare but I don't mind social features (facebook won't be mandatory, everything else you can easily ignore) and the other new features are okay I guess. I've always wanted to play a cool circus/acrobat family.

EA has to be freaking out a little. Very few people like this EP at all. Granted, there are people who bicker about every EP but this one is especially bad. I suspect that we'll be seeing more information sooner rather than later so that they can try to hook us.

Hi I'm Paul!
Theorist
#141 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodl95
I don't hate this EP, I think that they could have done something much better and it'll probably be fairly bare but I don't mind social features (facebook won't be mandatory, everything else you can easily ignore) and the other new features are okay I guess. I've always wanted to play a cool circus/acrobat family.

EA has to be freaking out a little. Very few people like this EP at all. Granted, there are people who bicker about every EP but this one is especially bad. I suspect that we'll be seeing more information sooner rather than later so that they can try to hook us.


I would like to say I agree with your first paragraph but I am afraid that they will do their best to entice people to facebook by making it mandatory to advance in a career or to achieve rewards. That will tick me off for sure, which is why I will wait for a lot more info before I decide whether to purchase or even patch.

I do agree with your second paragraph. I think that's why we saw the announcement about this EP today; it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't scheduled to be announced this soon. That's also why I'm not going to necessarily trust what they say about this EP, and will wait for it's release to hear the real scoop on it. They know people are unhappy so they are not necessarily going to be upfront about features that a lot of people say they don't want.

I would say that sounds a mite paranoid, but let's face it - this is EA! They certainly have done little to earn my trust.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Inventor
#142 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 11:41 PM
Quote:
The Sims 3 Showtime allows you to share with your friends and fellow fans of The Sims without ever leaving the game. Venture into a new world and live the dream as singers, acrobats, magicians and DJs. Using the all-new SimPort feature, send your Sim into a friend’s game to perform in their world, book gigs in your friends’ town, go on tour and be reviewed.

Along the way, earn rewards for achieving goals and accomplishing special challenges that can be tracked and shared via in-game social wall posts. Post your Sims’ successes, share gameplay techniques, create wishlists and send gifts, search for new friends and share memories through in-game news feeds and as e-cards.

For the first time, we are introducing social features that allow you to send your Sims to a friend’s game, perform at their venue in front of their Sims where you both will earn rewards, and capture and share these in-game moments of your rise to fame.

New Achievement System: Earn rewards for achieving goals and accomplishing special challenges that can be tracked and shared via in-game social wall posts. New achievements will be introduced on a regular basis.

Book or Host Gigs: Using the innovative SimPort feature, send your Sims to a friend’s game or book friend’s Sims for a gig in their game


From SimsVIP.

I highlighted the things that worry me.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Theorist
#143 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko09
I think this EP is too focused. It would better if it was much broader instead of mainly focusing on "making it big". Hopefully, more details with will flesh out the rest of the EP and give it some substance.


It's really funny you say that, because a lot of people complained about Generations being the complete opposite. Whoever works on the spring EPs just can't find the right balance it seems. If only they included sports too but maybe that's what they're saving for the spring 2013 EP (ugh). The social networking stuff is in-game and probably optional so I'm not freaking out about that. I won't mind the whole achievement aspect unless it revolves around stuff like sending your sim to 100 people or something along those lines. I do love that we're getting back fire dancing and the pool table. Funny thing is that it's the pool table that proves this is Late Night 2 because LN had that pool table light. Now we're finally getting the table to go with it!

I wonder what the new occult will be. That's at least one thing we don't know yet. Maybe wizards and witches to contrast with the magicians? Fake magic versus actual magic.

Graham Nardone tweeted that he's not working on this EP, but he's working on an unannounced Sims title. I doubt he's been transferred over to the Medieval team so it's probably EP7 (can't believe we're already so far in!).
Theorist
#144 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 12:07 AM
Alright so, I just read through this 6 paged thread, that is soon to turn into 101 pages, and I looked at every single picture, link, and video..And I have come to this conclusion, which many may disagree or agree or disagree to agree...Even though the trend has seemingly stopped and soon to continue, I think the point has been made that this is the "leftovers" of LN, and so far, I personally don't believe it is a general target to get a point across, since the point was made obvious since the conspiracy of Showtime...Another thing is, is anyone else disturbed by the abbreviation SHT? I keep thinking people are saying shit, which is what the social networking of this EP is, but why can't it just be ST? Or SHTE lol, now that looks like shite, okay I'm talking to myself. Back on topic, in all seriousness, I must agree that I was definitely wanting Weather to be the next EP, but that hasn't happened, and hopefully weather will be making its way next fall, or as a grand finale to the series..Any who, I see why we're all complaining and stuff, but let's face it, majority of us that are complaining are gonna head out to Target, Gamestop, Walmart, PizzaHut(for w.e. reason) or where-ever you buy your EP's from, and buy the game because being a devoted simmer means no matter, what we say, what EA says, what EA does, what EA screws up, what we assume, we're gonna get off our booties, and buy the game sometime sooner or later...Because the brand of the game just hooks us, it's like your favorite shoe brand, for instance converse, you can't get enough of converse and when there's a new one, or one you don't have you may want it, or do a little OOOOH ahhhh, on it. Anyways, I keep going offtopic, I just had the most delicious piece of cake ever with a cup of milk, crap there I go again.

Alright so basically what I'm trying to say is, overall yes the theme of the EP is a hand-me-down of LN, and could have not necessarily been in LN, I mean they may have not had it developed in time, and I know a lot of people wanted that aspect of the game to finally release, so they probably rushed it which could be the reason why the Expansion Packs releases and themes have been so early and unorganized lately, since we went from Family Hand-me-downs that could have easily been a SP and a patch giving the features to base game people to Pets and back to clubbing and all that good stuff which could also had been a patch and SP...But that's not the point, I just think ever since the release of LN, something over in the EA office has been going on or something, because lately everything has been leaking so quickly, and easily leading to EA being "forced" or "willingly" officially releasing information, or they're maybe trying a new marketing plan, but they're throwing these things at us one after the other, to the next and it's like "AHHH RAWR GIMME A BREAK I JUST BOUGHT PETS," again off-topic sorta. This is turning into spam? Anyhow, yeah so like this EP is pretty interesting, I've gotta say the venues are pretty nice looking and stuff, and the overall idea is good, but I agree it should have been in LN, just releasing LN a little later, and Generations a little earlier, but I really believe they've been rushing this stuff out. Especially in that trailer, I saw a push-up bar and I was like "ZOMG" it's hobbies and celebrities! AMAZING" but then I didn't see people playing catch, flying kites, or any of that, so..Don't really see the point of having such a beach situated town-name for this EP..Maybe they're trying to recreate LA? Which they attempted with LN, but idk, EA is confusing. But this EP has a little bit of potential and you can't blame them for trying, and I think they're trying to fill a void here because I believe that the this EP was suppose to be like Sports or Weather but they probably had some last minute complications that couldn't be fixed in the time frame from now to release, and all the leaks and stuff maybe got to them? I have no idea, but another thing I'd like to say, EA is a business, businesses and businesses need to make money, hence marketing, and all business have some kind of marketing 'scam' here and there, or always. Like our beloved iPhones, you can pick up a Android that does just that, for less money, and maybe double it's specs and features, and same goes for everything else in the economy, on the shelves in the stores or purdy glass cases..Basically, we can't really complain because they're going to have to get consumers someway or another and since most of this side of the world (at least) is young, looking to the young crowd and the "I'll buy you it for...." parents, or the "I'll buy it..." parents are the main targets for many providers now-a-days. Like those close we buy at Aeropostale, or those shoes we bought at footlocker, yeah, and those games we bought for that XBOX? Yeah I'm talking about those, so why wouldn't a EP such as this be the perfect pull in for those kids, that illegally use facebook, and twitter, and social networking sites that are 13+ and by those games that are rated M or T for Teen (13-14+), it's just the perfect trap that any business will take upon in this day and age in the global economy even though this was mainly directed at those in the US and Canada very sorry for not making this a global point but, yeah, agree to disagree! And I just typed an entire paragraph on simply nothing but a EP, with real-life situations, outside of the Sims/Gaming Franchise, so congratulations you've made it to the end.
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdyfly
I am curious as to what the creature will be. At first I thought it would be a witch, but I am not too sure.
Paris Hilton? Kim Kardashian? There are just so many supernatural creatures to choose from in the world of show business, there's no way to guess.


I don't mind that the social network features. I'm assuming that they are an optional feature and those of us who don't want to use them won't have to. I just hope that they didn't skimp on other parts of the game when they added that in.


With so many people pointing out the flaws someone need to point out the flaming batons! And the bad magician who stabbed his assistant! Those are great! I know it's not enough for justify buying a whole EP, but the trailer was less than 2 minutes.


Buying an EP that doesn't have a lot of awesome stuff in it doesn't bother me too much. Sims EPs are half the cost of the video games by husband buys and I get just as much (if not more) gameplay out of them. But what does bother me is if there are only 3 EPs left in Sims 3, then they are quickly run out of opportunities for great content.


And for the record, I do think EA was cashing in on what's popular with SuperStar. Same with Makin' Magic. So how about they cash in on what's even more popular and give us weather!
Theorist
#146 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberland
With so many people pointing out the flaws someone need to point out the flaming batons! And the bad magician who stabbed his assistant!


That makes me wonder if we'll finally get a new death, as an unfortunate way to go as that would be. I think the last time we got a new death was dying by thirst in Late Night.
Forum Resident
#147 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 12:51 AM
I'm gonna take it as a 'Micro' EP and not an actual Expansion Pack.
I can't say that i don't like the DJ comeback and things like the pool table and the jukebox...
I also like the new careers.. but man... I wished they included the Supermodel and Actor carreer... then it would be awesome..
I don't give a sh*t about the social features. I'm not gonna use them anyways

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Scholar
#148 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 1:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elias943
I'm gonna take it as a 'Micro' EP and not an actual Expansion Pack.


Unfortunately, this is not the first of that type for this game.

Yet they all are priced the same in the end.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Alchemist
#149 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 1:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBrandon
Another thing is, is anyone else disturbed by the abbreviation SHT? I keep thinking people are saying shit, ....


The abbreviation SHT is supposed to look like shit. That's the point.
Instructor
#150 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 1:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodl95
I suspect that we'll be seeing more information sooner rather than later so that they can try to hook us.


Actually, the timing is about par for the course. EA typically announces its next EP about a month after it releases an EP. This is especially true after the Spring EP. However, in this case they have moved the release date from the end of May to March, which makes a lot more sense. It also means that by announcing it in December, they have a little over three months to promote it.

Of course, they announced Pets at the same time they announced Generations. At some level they knew Generations was a stinker and they announced something good (Pets) to take people's mind off of the fact that Generations was crap. I expect something similar here. Like an announcment of Seasons fairly shortly.
Page 6 of 73
Back to top