Replies: 2757 (Who?), Viewed: 304157 times.
Page 8 of 111
Top Secret Researcher
#176 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 10:44 PM
Completely off topic, I know....

But whos brilliant idea was it to put that table with those chairs?

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#177 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide651

But whos brilliant idea was it to put that table with those chairs?

That was purely EA. They're offering the new appliances right now only as part of the Fiesta pack, which includes those chairs. I guess they figured they'd move more fiesta kitchen cabinets if they offered them with the appliances.

Remaining off topic, but, according to SimsVIP, eating fried foods from the fryer, or ice cream from the machine, will apparently cause weight gain. I'm assuming they mean even if you're hungry when you eat the fried whatevers, which I guess is to keep you from living on fried corndogs every day. Still, I can have key lime pie or cobbler as a favorite food, and as long as I'm not over-stuffing, I won't gain excessive weight from eating it every day.

Maybe I'm reading a bit too much into it, but why would EA pair cooking appliances that cause weight gain with a fiesta "Hispanic" influenced kitchen?
Scholar
#178 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide651

We've hardly been on-topic to begin with.

I wish EA could just announce the next EP, or if we could at least get a name leak for it like we typically do.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Field Researcher
#179 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 1:43 AM
If they go the way they went with Pets it's gonna be something very prolix and elaborated like The Sims 3 Weather or something complicated like that.
Scholar
#180 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 2:57 AM
I got them and put them in a test house I had just built, on a test world. Nothing much for the sim to do... there were books. No pool, so her immediate thought was ice cream maker! She made a beeline for ice cream, then to the fryer to fry it. Finished, cleaned up, then straight to the fryer to fry bacon, back to the ice cream maker to make bacon ice cream (???), then straight to the bathroom to hurl. Rinse, repeat...

It seems the fun factor is a tad bit off the charts for these appliances.
Top Secret Researcher
#181 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 3:38 AM
And what is wrong with bacon ice cream?

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Field Researcher
#182 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 5:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigersimmer
And what is wrong with bacon ice cream?

Nothing, my dear. Bacon ice cream is pure win and awesomeness.
Lab Assistant
#183 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 7:50 AM
New survey revealed on Sims VIP http://simsvip.com/?p=10248 almost too good to be true.
Top Secret Researcher
#184 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 8:02 AM
Oy Oy Oy Oy Oy Oy! How wonderful!

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Mad Poster
#185 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 8:09 AM
Online dating YEAH! Sledding, Halloween, ***ALIENS***, CAROLING

*runs off to go get an inhaler before continuing*

SLOW DANCING, SWIMMING . . .

Oh my God, I have to stop, my mind's going to explode.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Field Researcher
#186 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 8:38 AM
Oh god, like seriously, I think UFOs are back, seasons are back, festivals? OMG, seriously. Sledding? Breathe, now. Swimming in the ocean? OMG.
It even hints stuff packs.

Dude, seriously.

Chill, chill.

I'm alright now.

IT'S HAPPENING!
Theorist
#187 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 8:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAngua
New survey revealed on Sims VIP http://simsvip.com/?p=10248 almost too good to be true.

I'd like to take that survey. I want everything they listed there in a weather EP.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Forum Resident
#188 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 8:45 AM
Anthropology dealing with UFOs and Paranormals. Whut???
And the list of potential new towns for the store sounds cool! Dragon kingdom? Hatching different kinds of dragons? Eeeeee... They do listen!
One Minute Ninja'd
#189 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 8:52 AM
Well, the survey does look like it's either legitimate (which I'm not ready to concede quite yet) or a well done fake (which I hope it's not). If it is fake, someone put a LOT of effort into its creation. However, if legit, then it looks like EA is really trying to redeem themselves after all the grief over social networking, Simport, and Katy Perry. I just hope you don't have to Simport to visit an alien wearing a Katy Perry bra, whose sitting on a banana shaped couch in the UFO.
Mad Poster
#190 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 9:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clay4kelly
I wonder what new moodlets this deep fried food will bring? Tight chest? Tingling arm?

Heart attack & stroke would be nice!

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
#191 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 9:21 AM Last edited by Generis : 29th Apr 2012 at 9:57 AM.
When was the survey given? How long has the weather EP been cooking in the oven? Seriously, if EA really listens to the people in their forums they should have been secretly preparing and keeping the sims 3 seasons EP in the backburner for so long it would be perfect by now...

AND YES to ALIENS and new science careers. A new science career seems like the best bet to get some new kind of crazy career rewards similar to ts2 career/aspiration rewards... My simlife is getting too mundane and normal-lifelike.

Hope they do more than just copy the animations of TS2 slow dance, add some new romantic commands that chain from the slow dance... and do fix it so the romantic bugs that seem to happen with some of the romantic actions (photobooth w/ sibling, prom etc) don't happen with slow dancing with a family member.

WANT swimming in the oceans + Surfing Skill, if possible.

This is so exciting.

I wonder what they mean by sledding... On an inclined lot? Outside the Lots on mountainsides that have snowbanks? How will the game deal with generating banks of snow, both on lots and on the map outside of lots... having believable banks of snow that you can interact with (shoveling snow) seems like the game would have to generate actual physical objects both on lots and on the map itself... might be a strain on laptops... I hope the devs have a better idea.

Edit: THE SURVEY IS STILL OPEN!
Field Researcher
#192 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 10:46 AM
Swimming... in... the ocean?!

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Lab Assistant
#193 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 11:25 AM
How can we access the survey? I've tried to sign up to vgmarket but they don't accept my e-mail, stating that the address (gmail.com) isn't from the required domain...
Forum Resident
#194 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 11:57 AM
I took the survey. Fun...

One question they asked at the end concerned how often I'd want to purchase SPs, EPs, and other store items. Can you imagine buying a new EP every month?
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#195 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 12:55 PM
GOOD GOD THIS IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE! It looks like that survey included all things that the community has been demanding for the longest time...! Even the freakin' aliens! *runs around in circles* ooooooooooooooooooooh man I'm ready, bring on the official announcements soon!
Top Secret Researcher
#196 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrompas
Anthropology dealing with UFOs and Paranormals. Whut???
And the list of potential new towns for the store sounds cool! Dragon kingdom? Hatching different kinds of dragons? Eeeeee... They do listen!

I was thinking the same thing when I saw them connecting anthropology with ufology. Confuzzled but I'm not complaining.
Scholar
#197 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 1:37 PM
They say a Showtime survey came out before its release (and announcement?) Exactly how long beforehand did this survey come out, fi anybody could tell me. (Specifically looking for whether it was before Pets' announcement and/or release or if it was after).

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Test Subject
#198 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 1:38 PM
Fried food thing - results in indigestion my sims are addicted to it and they've only had it a day !
Forum Resident
#199 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 1:40 PM
Holy crap I have never been so excited for a Sims 3 EP!
Forum Resident
#200 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 2:07 PM
I like the idea of holidays and festivals. It'd be cool to have a big town festival in the park to celebrate. I hope they are creative and come up with their own without just slapping PC terms on existing holidays. And more food stands, yes! Now I can have a proper boardwalk, complete with REAL beaches (sunbathing, swimming).

I doubt we'll actually be able to "explore new worlds" in the water but I wonder if that is maybe hinting at mermaids? Maybe we can do some deep sea diving (likely off-screen) and come back with treasure or a mermaid.
Page 8 of 111