Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Timeless Office" Set

by JWoods Posted 10th Jun 2005 at 5:56 PM - Updated 23rd Jul 2005 at 8:06 PM by JWoods : fixed chair

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 61 Feedback Posts
Page 2 of 3
Instructor
#26 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 2:34 AM
WOW! These look Fantastic! Big Thankyou.
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 1:56 PM
Thank you Jack, this set looks amazing
Test Subject
#28 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 12:14 AM
That´s really nice, thanks for your colaboraticon. you are very good doign this.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 1:22 PM
Thank you for the beautiful set. Having used your tutorial. I now have a true understanding and appreciation for all the work that goes into creating such wonderful objects. Thanks for all you give to this community.

You can find all of my creations here

"The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend" Robertson Davies
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 1:23 AM
I only downloaded the chair and clock (it was a clock or painting, can't remember which) from this set, and they both show up as blue errors. I just downloaded the numenor recolor and the bookcase- hopefully that will fix the lack of color issue.
Mesh Maestro
Original Poster
#31 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 3:46 AM
Silentthunder19: Thank you for pointing that out, I have edited the first post in regaurds. In order for the other pieces to show thier textures you must have the "Bookcase" in your download folder.

The "repository" feature allows the user to re-color the entire set by only having to re-color one item in the set. In this case the "Bookcase" contains the textures used in the entire set. Sorry for any confusion there...
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 12:50 PM
Very Nice ! Love It !
Scholar
#33 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 10:24 PM
This set looks incredible, thank you for sharing it with us.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 3:10 AM
Works great, LOVE LOVE LOVE the office chair!!! I have the chair and clock in my office, and the bookcase is in the catalog, but I kinda prefer the ones I've already got set up in there. I'd share a screenshot if I could, but I've never figured out how to upload pictures on here. THANK YOU SO MUCH for this set!!!
Inventor
#35 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 8:02 AM
beautiful
This is beautiful!! Does your talent ever end? Not that I would want it to.. :D

Danke!!!!

xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Test Subject
#36 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 3:14 PM
My sims can never get out o that room! lmao... I love the room! Love the idea of a wood theme for an office like theme... 95.8/100
Test Subject
#37 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 2:52 AM
This is a gorgeous set. As soon as I downloaded it, I placed it one of my homes. I am using the clock, chair, painting, desk, and vertical filing cabinet. (I didn't have room for the lateral cabinet and 'tho I searched through every folder in the game, I could not find the bookcase!)
All the other pieces are there and the recolors, but no bookcase.
I assumed it would be in Knowledge--but no. Where else might it be? It has to be somewhere.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Vivi
Instructor
#38 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 3:41 AM
I don't have the bookcase either. All the rest is there. I have looked at all the buyable objects but nothing. Just thought I let you know. I love the rest and it is very clever that one can put things on the vertical cabinet.
Mesh Maestro
Original Poster
#39 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 5:26 AM
Motherspet, Vivisand214: I just went in game on two computers here... It shows up on both in hobbies/knowledge. If you can see the other objects you have to have it in downloads or the other objects would be flashing blue. The set uses a repository, this means there is one texture(actually 2) contained in the bookshelf that is used for the entire set. The remaining files have no texture file in them at all(notice file sizes).
What I am thinking is with the E.P. installed it changed some and only some of the original Maxis meshes. This means though I chose an original object the bookshelf may have core changes and anyone without the E.P. may be experiencing problems seeing only that object.

I need someone to confirm they can see it(bookshelf) without the expansion pack.... I also need to hear back as to weather you found it or not... If in fact those without the E.P. cannot see it I can add a non-E.P. version for you...
Test Subject
#40 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 11:04 AM
I did another check through all the categories in the game and have still not found the bookcase. It is in my downloads, but it doesn't show up in the game. I do not have the EP.

Vivi
Forum Resident
#41 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 4:12 PM
The desk doesn't work right in my game. The chair pulls up to the wrong part as you can see from this test I did.

Mesh Maestro
Original Poster
#42 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 8:54 PM Last edited by JWoods : 20th Jun 2005 at 9:00 PM.
vivisand214: Thank you for your tesing, the E.P. is needed for the bookshelf to show but not the rest as you have proven...

eddief66: If one chooses to place the chairs in the positions you have above then they will in fact be in the wrong spot and pull up... This is because in order to make the desk unique and 3 tile opposed to a two tile I cloned a three tile table... When you click "live mode the chairs(all in game) automatically pull up to thier proper position...

Edit: I just double checked the chair and in fact your right I will move it foward a bit... Sorry for the error...
Test Subject
#43 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 9:32 PM
Quote:
The desk doesn't work right in my game. The chair pulls up to the wrong part as you can see from this test I did.

Just found that problem as well. And like eddie I think its a desk rather than a chair issue because the chair works perfect with other tables.
Mesh Maestro
Original Poster
#44 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 9:57 PM
Birene: Thank you for confirming this... I will look into it A.S.A.P....
Instructor
#45 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 11:12 PM Last edited by phat_man55 : 20th Jun 2005 at 11:14 PM.
I got this in the non ep game (or just some of it) and it works fantastically. sry if this has already been posted but i couldnt find it anywhere... is it ep ready?

and, well... i love it and I used it all the time without the ep :D
Mesh Maestro
Original Poster
#46 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 9:06 PM
eddief66 and birene: Thank you both very much for revealing your findings...

phat_man55: I am assuming the bookcase does not show but because it is in your folder the rest of the set does in fact show up... If the bookcase is not in your download folder then with or without the E.P. none of the pieces textures will show...

The desk is now fixed and the chair animations are working properly...
Forum Resident
#47 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 9:30 PM Last edited by eddief66 : 21st Jun 2005 at 9:53 PM.
Thank you again! I'm downloading it now.

<EDIT> Works perfectly.
Mesh Maestro
Original Poster
#48 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 11:13 PM
Thats great to hear Eddief66... It's folks like yourself that help us increase the quality of our work... Have one on me....
Test Subject
#49 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 12:48 PM
where I find some office chair's recolors??? I love it...
Instructor
#50 Old 23rd Jun 2005 at 1:55 AM
I don't have the EP and that is probably why I still can't see the bookcase. All the other items work find I have used them all in many houses. If you could do a matching one for all of us non EP users would be great. Otherwise I just use it as is and put the bc in another room.
Page 2 of 3