Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Warrior Sword *UPDATED*

by JohnBrehaut1 Posted 14th Jan 2007 at 5:01 PM - Updated 20th Nov 2008 at 6:53 PM by -Maylin-

471 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 439 Feedback Posts, 31 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 11 of 19
Test Subject
#251 Old 31st May 2007 at 2:45 AM
Okayyyy Umm I have sims 2 (no expansions) and i know how to add a mod and all, but when i "draw sword" it doesnt pop up in my hand and the sheath just looks empty and thats all that happens.

These objects, require atleast 1 expansion pack for the sword to go in the hand. It does not matter which expansion you have.

Does this mean i need a expansion?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#252 Old 31st May 2007 at 7:58 AM
Yeah it does. The reason I think it needs an expansion is because the slot in the wrist wasnt introduced until later expansions (Which is what the "draw sword" interaction uses to put the sword in the hand, mainly because the hand slot clears whatever is in it after the interaction is over).

Domebuddy, try the object ingame by itself (as in take out your other content and put it somewhere else, then test it), if it works, then there must be a global hack which changes interactions between sims (so you'd either have to find that and remove it, or the sword wont work properly). If it doesnt, then go to My Documents/ EA Games/ The Sims 2/ Logs. Look for ObjectError_[neighbourhood]_[random numbers]. If there is only one, it will be for the sword. Put it into a .rar and upload it here and I'll have a look at it.
Test Subject
#253 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 7:26 AM
I need some help.

I've downloaded this several times and it hasn't appeared in my game. I save it and place it in my Sims 2 Downloads yet it never appears.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#254 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 5:30 PM
Well it should be placed in (directory) My Documents/ EA Games/ The Sims 2/ Downloads. It also shows up in Miscellaneous/ Miscellaneous in the game, did you check there?
Test Subject
#255 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 6:54 PM
JBrehaut -

As a 100% certified sword freak (though rapier is more my style) a functional blade is just the very thing to warm the cockles of my heart. So I downloaded this item and needless to say, I want so badly for this to work.

However I'm having problems - strange ones at that. I can put the stand on the lot but I can't click on it and indeed when I put the arrow over the stand the plumbob on my character disappears. When I use the boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled true command it returns an error, something about Attributes. If you'd like I'll try to get the full error message when I play it again.

I have all the expansion packs up to Seasons, and admittedly my Sims 2 is hacked and modded to hell so it may be what I'd call an "allergic reaction" to some mod or another. But I was just wondering if you or anyone else had this problem (I've read most of the 255 comments and hadn't stumbled upon it so far - if I'd skipped something let me know.)

Again, I really really really want for this to work. Make a sword freak happy!

Thanks,
--LC
Instructor
#256 Old 8th Jun 2007 at 9:10 AM
Wow! This is just so awesome JB! I love you! *hugs and kisses*
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#257 Old 9th Jun 2007 at 12:07 AM
I keep downloading the file but it only contains one package file. I though it said it should contain 3? I am running University and Nightlife if that clarifies.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#258 Old 9th Jun 2007 at 7:59 AM
lord_corleon, I would say you are probably right about it being an "allergic reaction" to the hacks and stuff in your game. By that I'm guessing you downloaded lots of global hacks(?). Try run your game only with the 3 sword files in it, if it does work, then you'll know its one of your hacks. But if you meant you hacked the game files, you probably have no hope of it working.

Mad_Max0290, Try downloading it with Q-Xpress, it will usually give you a whole file, but if it doesn't it will notify you.
Test Subject
#259 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 12:21 AM
It still fails to show up in the game. I've checked to make sure it is in the folder and that the file sizes are the same. Also when opening the file there is only one file in the .rar file. And it only gets one file with Q-Xpress, also.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#260 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 6:34 AM
Well it should have 3, ingame only 1 will be in the catalogue (the sword stand). Did you look in Miscellaneous/ Miscellaneous?

PS: I just downloaded it and everything is inside the .rar.
Test Subject
#261 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 5:45 AM
A qquestion about the "jump"ing thing. Is there a way to fix it in game, or shall my sim forever be jumping to random places and back? I had him put the sword back and I deleted the object off the lot. What should I try next oh great one? I'm serious, this object is a life-saver (no pun intended) for my neighborhood stories. I hated having to kill off Sims who should have been killed according to my story in ways like fires, and electrocution. Awesome. I love-eth thee
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#262 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 4:40 PM
Sorry, but I dont think there is a way to fix them. Unless there is a way to reset the sim data.
Forum Resident
#263 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 1:37 AM
Amazing, many thanks to you, and all that have helped you! This is a lovely idea!

Sims Utopia...where your sims dreams become reality!

Click above to check out my site for more updates :)

New Roleplay site Sims Utopia the town that never dies..
Test Subject
#264 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 12:55 PM
Thats great! Could you make a knife too to kill Sims?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#265 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 3:58 AM
jujajulchen, Sorry but I don't have the time
Test Subject
#266 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 5:55 PM
Wow this looks really awesome. In the future could you make a version that doesn't require any expantions cus i only hav he base game Brilliant creation tho
Test Subject
#267 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 2:23 AM
Default Finally got it to work... Yes!
As the header says, it took me some time, but at long last I isolated the problem, took care of it and now there is much sword-swinging and rejoicing in my burg.

(Ironically, the problem didn't seem to be a hack like I had thought - it was a decorative object I d/led a while ago that conflicted with your mod...)

Anyway nice job. I also am looking forward to checking out one of your others mods on PC-Sims.com as well (the handgun one). Looks sweet.
Test Subject
#268 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 3:48 AM
Hey im back and my nazi family realllllly needs to execute people in different ways then locking them up in concentration camps. are there any patches that will fix my sims 2 so i can hold objects, im cheap, and i dont wanna buy any expansions. OH and if there isnt any patches for it, could you suggest what expansion is the best to buy?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#269 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 7:09 AM
There isnt any patches that will 'fix' your game (because the slot wasnt added to the original). Well since a few people have had problems with just uni, I would recommend anything from Nightlife and above (NL, OFB, Pets or Seasons).
Test Subject
#270 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 12:47 AM
Hey this looks awesome but when i tried to download it it said that the sword file and the sword stand file were corrupt and i cant download it so i was wondering if there was anything you could do about it
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#271 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 3:54 AM
Try using Q-Xpress, it will download everything correctly 99% of the time.
Test Subject
#272 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 3:52 PM
it worked thx
Test Subject
#273 Old 5th Jul 2007 at 7:42 PM
Incredible. o.o Like, beyound words incredible. Supermaniactic incredible. o.o -Bows!-

...Coffee...o.o...
Test Subject
#274 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 2:46 PM
Help, I can't download it. It says no cookies, wht should i do? I've tried everything it says to do, cn someone e-mail me the file to dl it?
Field Researcher
#275 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 2:48 AM
ty SOOOO much.

im going too get to work on my pirate movie for youtube.

its the same name as the account

my personal life can be supported by veiwing this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n2z-Q6x6eU and others on my youtube page. I believe there's a few building tutorials there aswell. I create rather sporadically, so excuse me if I'm gone from this website for months or years at a time.
Page 11 of 19