Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Forever or a Day - longer/shorter pregnancy for sims/pets! (1.55 compatible)

by lesbisim Posted 29th Oct 2011 at 8:35 PM - Updated 12th Jul 2013 at 10:25 AM by lesbisim

255 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 149 Feedback Posts, 105 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 11
Test Subject
#101 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 3:12 PM
you still need to fix this the shorter 24 hours don't work 6 hours do but my sim had lots of babies so i had to quit the game and remove it really bad she kept going to the hos to have it then back home again
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#102 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 1:03 PM
Thank you very much. This just made my day!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#103 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 5:39 PM
Thank you so much for this mod! I wish EA had included a slider for pregnancy lengths, I mean it only makes sense to shorten or extend the time when a sim is pregnant depending on how long you like to have your lifespans, but of course they'd leave that out. Thankfully we have people like you! <3

Quick question though, do you know how to modify the nausea? I want my sims to be experience that more often along with back aches.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#104 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 10:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fishynamedleo
I downloaded the Short pregnancy mod...and my sim's pregnancy lasted for 7+ days...kinda annoyed!

Quote: Originally posted by michellelouise
you still need to fix this the shorter 24 hours don't work 6 hours do but my sim had lots of babies so i had to quit the game and remove it really bad she kept going to the hos to have it then back home again

Sorry, there was an issue with the Long pregnancy being mislabeled as Short, that's been fixed now so just redownload If your sim is having too many babies though, that is definitely nothing to do with my mod.

Quote: Originally posted by Misstarten12
Hello can I Request a 30 Day Length Pregnancy with 100% Bais on it and 35 days off maternity? Also Does it Impact with the Pregnancy Progress Controller? If you can Accept my Request That would be nice c: Thank you and Have a nice day.

In the requests file now! I'm not sure if it conflicts with the pregnancy progress controller, I will download it later and check.

Quote: Originally posted by cjf
I noticed there's no 7 day/no maternity leave. Pretty please.

In the requests file now!

Quote: Originally posted by Strawberry Kiwi
Thank you so much for this mod! I wish EA had included a slider for pregnancy lengths, I mean it only makes sense to shorten or extend the time when a sim is pregnant depending on how long you like to have your lifespans, but of course they'd leave that out. Thankfully we have people like you! <3

Quick question though, do you know how to modify the nausea? I want my sims to be experience that more often along with back aches.

I agree, I can't believe they never thought of it! As for modifying the nausea/back aches, I'm pretty sure I can change that I'll have a look later and if so, I'll create a new mod!
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 11:56 PM
I wanted the super long pregnancy to work, but it somehow stopped my Super Steamroom from working at all. So, I will wait for an update for Sunlit Tides.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#106 Old 14th Sep 2012 at 8:43 PM
Thank you sooooo Much! I love it! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#107 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 8:38 PM
Thanks for the fix! <3
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 6:21 AM
Tangentially related question:
Did the pregnancy XML file get changed at all with 1.38/Supernatural? I have an older pregnancy mod that worked through 1.36 that I've tweaked to fit my exact preferences, and I'm wondering if it will still work. (I haven't played in a while because something broke my game file paths ---> I need to uninstall and reinstall, and I'm trying to resist so that I'll focus more on school.)

Also, have you ever figured out how to get the nausea to extend beyond the point where the sim switches to pregnancy clothes? I haven't, and it doesn't seem to be tunable. Would love to have that, though. (I would also love to add baby-on-bladder moodlets that randomly pop up in the later stages, complete with faster bladder decay, but that is beyond my modding knowledge and well beyond standard requests.)
Test Subject
#109 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 9:32 AM
yes it is to do with your mod cos ever since i removed it i don't get that anymore really bad bad modder
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#110 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 5:33 PM
Thank you so much (:
Test Subject
#111 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 5:56 PM
Again thank you for the 63 day pregnancy mod.

Just one thing, the file is a text document, does this need to be a package file?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#112 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 2:04 PM Last edited by lesbisim : 20th Sep 2012 at 2:21 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by instantmagic
I wanted the super long pregnancy to work, but it somehow stopped my Super Steamroom from working at all. So, I will wait for an update for Sunlit Tides.

I haven't played Sunlit Tides yet, but I'll try to look into that today. Are we talking about the Steam-It-Up Sauna?

Quote: Originally posted by michellelouise
yes it is to do with your mod cos ever since i removed it i don't get that anymore really bad bad modder

I'm sorry, but it's definitely not my mod. I don't think anyone else has had that problem. Your issue is most likely that it conflicted with another mod you had, not my mod itself.

Quote: Originally posted by Arithmancer
Tangentially related question:
Did the pregnancy XML file get changed at all with 1.38/Supernatural? I have an older pregnancy mod that worked through 1.36 that I've tweaked to fit my exact preferences, and I'm wondering if it will still work. (I haven't played in a while because something broke my game file paths ---> I need to uninstall and reinstall, and I'm trying to resist so that I'll focus more on school.)

Also, have you ever figured out how to get the nausea to extend beyond the point where the sim switches to pregnancy clothes? I haven't, and it doesn't seem to be tunable. Would love to have that, though. (I would also love to add baby-on-bladder moodlets that randomly pop up in the later stages, complete with faster bladder decay, but that is beyond my modding knowledge and well beyond standard requests.)

The pregnancy XML file did change, but none of the aspects specifically changed by my mod were changed in the original file, so an old version that you've tweaked should work just fine As for nausea, I am in the process of uploading a mod to alter the chances of it happening, and I noticed when I was making it that it will only ever occur from hours 0-24. That's beyond XML tuning as far as I'm aware, but I'm slowly getting to know my way around other types of mod creation so that may be something I deal with in the future!

Quote: Originally posted by secretpattern
Again thank you for the 63 day pregnancy mod.

Just one thing, the file is a text document, does this need to be a package file?

Not sure why yours was a text file, but I've made it a package file now so re-download!
Scholar
#113 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 11:04 PM
i downloaded lesbisim_PetPregnancy.zip and longpet pet is a text file?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#114 Old 21st Sep 2012 at 8:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ToRnado
i downloaded lesbisim_PetPregnancy.zip and longpet pet is a text file?

That should be fixed now
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#115 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 11:45 PM
I didn't even notice you made my request ! I am sooo sorry, thank you very much I will use it good ! :D
Scholar
THANKS POST
#116 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 8:38 AM
Thank you for this mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#117 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 6:57 AM
Thank you so much for this mod!! :D
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 10:27 AM
I love the idea of this mod and I want to install cjf's version but the file isn't showing up in the folder?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#119 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 2:39 PM
This a beautiful mod. Just letting you know, the secretpatterns file for Sims is only a text file. Thank you!
Test Subject
#120 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 3:02 PM
Hi! Is this mod applicable only for adult sim? I have a teen female sim which pregnancy lasts regular 3 days, although I used your mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#121 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 12:12 PM
Thank you! Now i don't have to wait as long!
Test Subject
#122 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 4:50 PM
I downloaded one of the short pregnancy requests for Sims, .. himawara106's request, I believe. Is the labour supposed to be about 24 hours long for it or has it glitched? .. I'm just curious because my Sim was in the hospital for around that long having the baby. She came outside eventually, put the baby on the floor when she got home then passed out.. She was also a very hungry woman after that XD
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 10:44 AM
it is possible to use Nraas to have INSTANT babies.. even from RANDOM SIMS. even from kids in your family.. (Hillbillies) It's true Nraas allows alot of stuff, so far haven't seen a get teen sim pregnant. not without an additional mod.
Test Subject
#124 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 8:02 PM
my sim was pregnant before i put this mod in i got the 6 hour one so would the mod take effect her second pregnancy
Test Subject
#125 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 4:29 PM
Hey, I'd like to take a moment to thank you for making this mod. I am about to try it out, but I am confident that it will be awesome. I play with a very lengthy life span and this will be very helpful!

Anyways, I was wondering if you could consider two (or one of these) requests, if its not too much trouble:

1. 18 day pregnancy w/20 days maternity leave.
2. 30 day pregnancy w/18 day maternity leave.

Thank you nonetheless. :D
Page 5 of 11