Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Forever or a Day - longer/shorter pregnancy for sims/pets! (1.55 compatible)

by lesbisim Posted 29th Oct 2011 at 8:35 PM - Updated 12th Jul 2013 at 10:25 AM by lesbisim

255 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 149 Feedback Posts, 105 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 11
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#176 Old 29th Mar 2013 at 5:54 AM
I was wondering if I could make a request for 45 days pregnancy and 30 days maternity? If not then that is okay and I will use one of the other files but this would be a real help to me as I've planned out all the lengths of other things etc.

Thank you very much either way and take care.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#177 Old 29th Mar 2013 at 1:53 PM
Apologies for taking so long with updating - I can't seem to figure out why the mod is suddenly not working! I'll try to test it in my game ASAP (been playing University Life so haven't had any pregnancies for a while!) and figure out the problem.

Thanks for your patience
Test Subject
#178 Old 29th Mar 2013 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lesbisim
Apologies for taking so long with updating - I can't seem to figure out why the mod is suddenly not working! I'll try to test it in my game ASAP (been playing University Life so haven't had any pregnancies for a while!) and figure out the problem.

Thanks for your patience

I may be able to help there. Or at least provide you with some info. Nraas had trouble as well with Woohooer, and I still think it has a few glitches. The reason why University Life causes problems is because EA disable pregnancy for Sims during University. I hope to have University Life this weekend and I'll be playing around with Woohooer and this mod, but I'm fairly sure the issues have to do with the disallowed pregnancy.
Test Subject
#179 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 2:41 AM
is there a way for someone to make a mod that enables pregnancy at university???
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#180 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 4:36 AM Last edited by Ella:) : 2nd Apr 2013 at 7:39 PM.
I'm definitely getting the 6 hour mod I hate the pregnancies, but is there anyway you can make a 2 hour one for sims with 2 day maternity leave?

EDIT: I'm playing Claire Ursine right now, and with her the pregnancy is normal and not 6 hours yet all the other townies that were pregnant were 6 hours. Do I need to stop her pregnancy and get her pregnant again?
Test Subject
#181 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by angsaysrawrr
I'll test this with 1.50 and let anyone know if there are any issues.

I just tested it and yep... its not working with 1.50 patch.. I have just had my first baby after installing university and the mom vomits every 2 hours and delivered the baby after 3 days.. and she didn't realize that she was pregnant up until a few hours before giving birth.. I was like "WTF!!! Premature baby"
I have the 9 day pregnancy one installed! And it worked fine before UL.. I will be waiting for you to update this one!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#182 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 5:37 PM
The mod has now been updated (hopefully) for 1.50! It seems to be working perfectly in my game, but I have a horrible feeling that it will still not be 100% in other people's games just because TS3 & S3PE seem to hate me right now. It should be okay though, so please let me know if there are any problems guys
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#183 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ella
I'm definitely getting the 6 hour mod I hate the pregnancies, but is there anyway you can make a 2 hour one for sims with 2 day maternity leave?

EDIT: I'm playing Claire Ursine right now, and with her the pregnancy is normal and not 6 hours yet all the other townies that were pregnant were 6 hours. Do I need to stop her pregnancy and get her pregnant again?

I'll try to get round to the 2 hour pregnancy as soon as I can If your sim was pregnant before you placed the mod in your game, you'll probably have to terminate the pregnancy and then impregnate her again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#184 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 9:45 PM
Anyway you can make a 1 hour version with default maternity leave?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#185 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DisneySimmer
Anyway you can make a 1 hour version with default maternity leave?

I can try I'm not sure if 1 hour will work well but I'll give it a go. But just so you know, if you have Twallan's Master Controller there's an instant baby feature that might be useful to you. And his Debug Enabler has a "have baby" option that allows you to forward to any hour of pregnancy, including the final hour (birth).
Test Subject
#186 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 1:34 AM
Do you know if this mod and your increased pregnancy woes mods are compatible with Sims MX Hospital Overhaul Mod?

http://www.modthesims.info/download...0&page=23&pp=25

I really hope so!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#187 Old 18th Apr 2013 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Crazywomanlovesyou
Do you know if this mod and your increased pregnancy woes mods are compatible with Sims MX Hospital Overhaul Mod?

http://www.modthesims.info/download...0&page=23&pp=25

I really hope so!

As that's a script mod, it definitely shouldn't conflict with mine
Test Subject
#188 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 7:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lesbisim
As that's a script mod, it definitely shouldn't conflict with mine

Fab! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#189 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 11:49 PM
I think you have the short pregnacy mixed with the long one. i have the 7 day pregnacy mod and my sim is only pregnant one or two days and gives birth.
i got her pregnant again to make sure and she still has a short pregnacy.
what do i do?
Lab Assistant
#190 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 3:12 PM
Thanks for the 1.50 update! Very kind of you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#191 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 7:08 PM
Can these be used with your broken water/puddles at birth MOD?

Also, it is possible to make a 5day pregnancy for pets? =]
The default is too short and 8 days is just too long...

Thank you oodles!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#192 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 11:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LaNellyxD
I think you have the short pregnacy mixed with the long one. i have the 7 day pregnacy mod and my sim is only pregnant one or two days and gives birth.
i got her pregnant again to make sure and she still has a short pregnacy.
what do i do?

I'm having problems with my laptop at the moment, when it's sorted I'll have a look for you

Quote: Originally posted by SharpeiVampire
Can these be used with your broken water/puddles at birth MOD?

Also, it is possible to make a 5day pregnancy for pets? =]
The default is too short and 8 days is just too long...

Thank you oodles!!

They can, however I haven't updated that mod for 1.50 yet. When my laptop's working again I'll update my puddles mod and get to your request
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#193 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 7:16 PM
Ok, thank you so much!
I appreciate you replying, even if you aren't able to do anything at the moment! =)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#194 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 4:01 PM
Wow, THANK YOU! :D

I like the short lifespans like you do, but I also have this thing for family oriented sims and creating realistic families raising kids from toddler to grown ups and living normal family life.

The original pregnancy settings disrubts the time balance between the ages of the sibblings: if three days in the sims game is 9 months IRL (a pregnancy) and then a toddler (age 1-5) grows up to be a child (6-12 aprox) in 7 days, then it becomes a child at age under a year IRL o_O And so on. I counted that if 3 days is nine months then toddler should be set to 16 days, child to 24 days, teen to 20 days, young adult to 48 days, adult to 140 days (!) and elder 60 days. That's just plain silly.

It also makes it impossible to have normal sibbiling age relationships, if you don't have twins, when the last baby is born many of the children will be teens and young adults when they should be close in age. And the mother is forever stuck in a limbo outside of work because she's always on maternity leave no matter if you want to work or not. Sigh. I mean, there is daycare, in the Sims women apparently need to give up their carreers to have babies by default o_O

This will at last make the pregnancy time realistic in comparison with all other aging! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#195 Old 29th Apr 2013 at 6:22 PM
First of all, thank you so much for your efforts towards this mod and taking on everyones requests. I wanted to download the (requests) cjf - 7-day pregnancy, no maternity leave, but I can't find it in the file with the others.. I would download your Long version but I also don't want the 10-day maternity leave lol.
Test Subject
#196 Old 2nd May 2013 at 3:05 AM
lesbisim can you do a 10 days version with 12 days of maternity leave
Test Subject
#197 Old 3rd May 2013 at 7:54 PM
30 days leave seems too much. It's way too much.
Would prefer a 21 day mod, with 20 days of leave instead.
21 day mod, with 20 days leave, instead.
Instructor
#198 Old 6th May 2013 at 2:04 AM
I attempted playing with the "Long" 1.50 length span and it's progressing much too quickly. So as I noticed that someone else was having issues with this one as well, I think the file might be a little bugged.
I played with your "Long Pet" mod and it worked fine, which leads me to believe it's just the "Long" version that's the problem.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#199 Old 16th May 2013 at 3:51 PM
This is brilliant thankyou, excellent variety as well. My sims have incredibly long lifespans and it seemed strange for a baby to be born a few days after it's conception.
Test Subject
#200 Old 17th May 2013 at 2:19 PM
Possible of making 21 day pregnancy with 15 day leave?
Page 8 of 11