Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#251 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 3:57 PM
Rugs add to the likelihood of fires?

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#252 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 4:02 PM
No, Snufflepaws; but if a fire starts, the rug is a consumable and gives it something to feed and spread on. When Rhett started a kitchen fire in a kitchen with a rug on the linoleum between the stove and the refrigerator, the fire instantly spread to cover six tiles - you couldn't put out the stove or leave the apartment without running into burning area, and the fireman, Rhett, and his three teens had to alternate putting out each other with putting out the fire.

None of the homework that was lying on the rug was even lightly singed, however. They should make rugs out of workbook paper!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#253 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 4:09 PM
Ah. I so rarely let sims die I don't know how it works.

Can womrats die in fires?

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Theorist
#254 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 5:21 PM
My sims don't die in fires, they study Fire Safety and learn a few things

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#255 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Snufflepaws
Rugs add to the likelihood of fires?

A rug in front of a lit fire place will catch on fire.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#256 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 7:28 PM
I had another fire that I wanted to post but one of the pictures was missing. A sim was out back, tending to her gardening when the alarm went off during a storm. I checked out front and a group of shrubs and flowers was on fire. No idea what was actually burning. I sent the sim to the front just to see if she actually had a reaction. She stood there for a few seconds, then heading towards the foliage to trim the sunflowers. The fireman put the flames out while I stopped her. My 1st thought was 'I didn't know flowers burned', the second thought was 'I didn't know they trimmed sunflowers'.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#257 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 7:43 PM
Plants burn - that was what made the tree fire in the Thyme yard so devastating; all the shrubbery caught.

Sunflowers are treated as shrubs by the game. I don't think anyone involved in the development of M&G had ever cultivated sunflowers....

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#258 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 1:49 PM
Sometimes I see gifs and wonder if sims ever thought that dialogue.
For example, we didn't get ceilings until Apartment Life apparently, so before then maybe they (especially those with motherlode) thought this:
https://a.disquscdn.com/get?url=htt...puRv-ScUjmBXVkA

Also, I have no idea how far away the neighborhoods are from each other so, do you think this is true:
Mad Poster
#259 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 2:48 PM
lol! I always thought that at the beginning of that show.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Theorist
#260 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 5:03 PM
- Back to simming after two weeks of holidays and a five hours jet-lag syndrome ;
- My sister have a 22 months old toddler and owns a highchair. I couldn't stop thinking that EAxis did a great job with animations when toddlers are in a highchair.
- I'm really happy with Nopke's sim shadow fix.
Forum Resident
#261 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 7:55 PM
All the amazing songs The Sims 2 has, and yet it's the karaoke machine's "Uggi uggi uuh agga uggi u-uuh" that gets rock solid stuck in my head.

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#262 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 2:10 PM
That moment of sheer panic when you open your base game case and find it empty, and you know the disc is not in your computer. Dear self. Do not forget your Sims discs in the laptop, because you will regret it (until you remember that you tend to do that and find the disc, that is).

Also, I'm so excited. This months theme is fabulous, and I can't wait to see what everyone makes of it. I'm also very excited about things I'm doing. Absolutely no time and I should not even be thinking about it, but I can't help it. It's just one of those months when Sims is all I can think of.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#263 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 2:28 PM
Trying to explain to someone who doesn't play sims why you're putting clutter everywhere is difficult.
"Doesn't that put the sim in a bad mood" "What's the point of spending all that time putting things everywhere if it doesn't affect the game at all" "You're wasting all his money".

Nononono Mickey Dosser doesn't need money. He spends $500 per rotation on cluttering up his house.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#264 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Also, I'm so excited. This months theme is fabulous, and I can't wait to see what everyone makes of it. I'm also very excited about things I'm doing. Absolutely no time and I should not even be thinking about it, but I can't help it. It's just one of those months when Sims is all I can think of.

Me too Gummi. I'm excited because my first custom object is nearly done. I've spent sooo many hours going back and forth uv mapping, testing, booting SimPE, meshing etc. On the one hand I've wanted to throw the laptop against the wall and trash the whole idea, never to return, but on the other I really wanted to be able to think I achieved something.

Instructor
#265 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 5:15 PM
Playtesting with AGS is making me realize just how slow my main game is with all the CC and EPs. Oh well! At least it looks pretty.

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Mad Poster
#266 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kligma
All the amazing songs The Sims 2 has, and yet it's the karaoke machine's "Uggi uggi uuh agga uggi u-uuh" that gets rock solid stuck in my head.

For me it's the rap they do, "Ah dog a dog ding dong, ha ha, go ma now GOMANOW".

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Forum Resident
#267 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
For me it's the rap they do, "Ah dog a dog ding dong, ha ha, go ma now GOMANOW".

Haha, I don't quite recognize that one and still I can hear it very clearly in my head from your description xD

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#268 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 5:54 AM
Is there a necromancers' party that I missed? Three necroed threads in WCIF.
Mad Poster
#269 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 2:14 PM
I think I left out a few "words". I've long since stopped watching my sims rap.

Forum Resident
#270 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
That moment of sheer panic when you open your base game case and find it empty, and you know the disc is not in your computer. Dear self. Do not forget your Sims discs in the laptop, because you will regret it (until you remember that you tend to do that and find the disc, that is).

That moment of sheer panic, when the computer engineer asks "do you have anything important on that laptop"

ME SIMS DISK!!!!! IT'S IN THE DRIVE!!!

And you don't care if he thinks your funny when you ask for a screwdriver, or try to leave with said laptop, claiming you don't care if it's got no power,
Ended ok, engineer fixed laptop and Sims disc was at home exactly where it belongs.
Mad Poster
#271 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 11:32 PM
Try to explain to your financial manager why you HAVE to have hundreds of dollars to recover information on a fried external drive. It's years of sims cc!

Top Secret Researcher
#272 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kligma

It's nice for me, being an avid player of The Sims 1. It came with the House Party expansion in the "Disco" category. Loved it when they brought it back into The Sims 2 as a karaoke song, because it worked perfectly. (And it brings back a lot of fond memories) (30 second clip)
Mad Poster
#273 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
It's nice for me, being an avid player of The Sims 1. It came with the House Party expansion in the "Disco" category. Loved it when they brought it back into The Sims 2 as a karaoke song, because it worked perfectly. (And it brings back a lot of fond memories) (30 second clip)

Before my old computer died I was able to copy all of the Sims 1 music into my Sims 2 game. I put all the disco and rave music into the "House Mix" category so I often hear those songs played at the clubs when my sims are dating.
Mad Poster
#274 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 4:36 AM
Have any of you ever had your Sims autonomously
- Clean litter box
- Clean pet food bowl
- Clean fish tank
- Recycle newspaper

I don't think mine ever have, but I might just have forgotten. I'd appreciate replies, as it's for my next mod project

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#275 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 5:14 AM
Recycle newspaper, yes. Clean litter box, yes. I don't have any fish; I must remedy this. Pet food bowl; only if they're asked to be fed.
Page 11 of 515