Replies: 431 (Who?), Viewed: 199971 times.
Page 14 of 18
Part-time Hermit
#326 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 2:59 PM
No, I don't think you need an internet connection for that. What you're probably getting is an error message about a missing managed Direct X. It's one of the pieces of software listed under "software needed to run SimPE" on the SimPE download page. Lately a lot of people have been missing that. It's important to read all the information when downloading something. You need that in order to be able to view meshes.
Test Subject
#327 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 4:15 AM
ALL MY PROBLEMS ARE FINALLY SOLVED! Thanks, mod_bv and IgnorantBliss for your help! I have a question though: How do you make more complex things on Wings? This one was just a box. How do you make, like a sofa? or a chair? or something else that is more than just a box?
Part-time Hermit
#328 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 6:04 AM
I think there is a tutorial in this section for making more complex meshes with Wings 3D, might want to take a look at that. I don't use Wings myself, so I can't help with the specifics of that.
Test Subject
#329 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 12:49 AM
Also, my end table looks weird because it has the colors of the old one. Should I look at a tutorial for texturing for that?
Part-time Hermit
#330 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 7:21 AM
Do you mean it has all the recolors of the original, or just that you haven't replaced the texture in the mesh packahe with something new yet?
Test Subject
#331 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 6:27 PM
Um I guess so...I'm not sure. I saw in another thread something about TEXTR files. Is that what I need? Because I don't know what that is and there wasn't anything in this tutorial about that...
Part-time Hermit
#332 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 7:17 PM
Can you attach the object package to this thread, please, it's hard to say otherwise what exactly is the problem.
Test Subject
#333 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 8:52 PM
Great tut, just made my endtable, now i'm going to check it out fingers crossed, here goes.

Lifes all for living it and i'm all for giving it a try.
Lifes all for living it and i'm all for giving it a try.
Test Subject
#334 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 9:32 PM
Okay, I think I found out how to change the TEXTR thingy in SimPE when I tried doing a counter (which didn't work for a different reason so I'm going to have to redo that) but the texture I made didn't show up in the game, it still had the old stuff which looked weird again. Also, the way I thought would work on the counter wasn't even THERE when I opened SimPE to my end table. At the bottom of the list in the Resource Tree, it says Texture or something like that. I clicked on that and it showed up with the texture maps from the old counter. I deleted all of them and imported different jpegs from my own PC...actually, I think I know why that didn't work nevermind but why isn't it there for my end table?
Part-time Hermit
#335 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 9:56 PM
You should not delete the original textures, you're supposed import a new texture to replace them, if you don't want to keep the originals. Also, you don't import JPEGs, but either PNGs or BMPs. For a tutorial that also explains the texture importing part, I recommend the Wings 3D version of this tutorial.
Test Subject
DELETED POST
10th Apr 2007 at 8:49 AM
Where to download Wings 3D
This message has been deleted by Timmy906. Reason: I have clicked on the link to Wings 3D but it dosen't have a place where I can click download anywhere so if somone could hel
Test Subject
DELETED POST
10th Apr 2007 at 8:50 AM
This message has been deleted by Timmy906. Reason: Please could somone please help me with this?
Test Subject
#336 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 10:19 AM
Where to find the Gemotric Data Container
Hi people I think you made a mistake it's not reference tree it's rescoure tree if it is reference tree I don't know where reference tree is but with the rescource tree i can't find it in there either can somone help me please?
Test Subject
DELETED POST
10th Apr 2007 at 10:25 AM
This message has been deleted by IgnorantBliss. Reason: Please, be patient and don't bump your post
Part-time Hermit
#337 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 10:54 AM
Yes, it's called a Resource tree.
Test Subject
#338 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 11:09 AM
Good so I got it right.

Is it on the Desktop/Start/Programs/SimPE/Themes/Classic look is it under there?
Test Subject
#339 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 11:21 AM
Once I get into the gemoetric whatever thingy all it brings up that's ment to be in there is one called the gemoetric thingy but when I double click on it, it dose not do anything.
Part-time Hermit
#340 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 11:55 AM
If you don't see anything on the supposed list on the right, go to Extra -> Preferences -> SimPE Settings and click Reset Layout. Also, make sure you have installed the managed DirectX there is a link to at the SimPE download page.
Test Subject
#341 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 6:35 PM
Thanks!

Aaaaah, what a great tutorial It took me all day to learn, and I had to re-do it afterwards, but it was great!! Thanks so much!

Will be telling fellow simmers about this
Test Subject
#342 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 6:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy906
Once I get into the gemoetric whatever thingy all it brings up that's ment to be in there is one called the gemoetric thingy but when I double click on it, it dose not do anything.

I had that problem too!! What you have to do is go back to the SimPE download page and install the direct x 9 managing thingy. Then just open SimPE and voila! Hope I helped.
Test Subject
#343 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 8:33 PM
Thanks!
thanks for the great tutorial! By the way, How do you make a tutorial?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#344 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 8:54 PM
The main problem is guessing what people will ask, when you explain a procedure; and answer to those questions before they are asked
And of course, you have to take a lot of screenshots! .

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Instructor
#345 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 2:47 PM Last edited by morten8035 : 30th Apr 2007 at 8:15 PM.
How do I merge two models to one?

I want these two should be one.

Unauthorized incoming post!
Instructor
#346 Old 5th May 2007 at 9:50 AM Last edited by $RaMRoM$ : 5th May 2007 at 10:11 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morten8035
How do I merge two models to one?

I want these two should be one.

first make sure you are in the forth traingle

edit
sorry allmost forgot! you need 2 select the 2 objects then follow the next step!
edit
Right Click, then Choose "Combine"

Screenshots
Attached Images

Instructor
#347 Old 8th May 2007 at 3:28 PM

Unauthorized incoming post!
Test Subject
#348 Old 9th May 2007 at 3:59 AM
What if you have mac os 9? in the 3Dwings thing, it said that it didn't have a version for
it!

If I had 3 wishes, I would want a 3 story home, $10,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,
and three more wishes.
Instructor
#349 Old 9th May 2007 at 2:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morten8035

you're so welcome!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#350 Old 10th May 2007 at 4:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkctr13
What if you have mac os 9? in the 3Dwings thing, it said that it didn't have a version for
it!

I don't know exactly all the OS supported by Wings, but if MacOS 9 isn'0t listed on the Wings site, then I'm afraid you have to find a different 3D editor... or a different OS .

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Page 14 of 18