Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#176 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 2:20 AM
How do you get the object maker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????
Advertisement
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#177 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 2:49 AM
If you're looking for the Object Workshop, you can start here:

http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=102356

"I guess I should warn you: If I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I said" - Alan Greenspan
Test Subject
#178 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 8:07 PM
How easy! thank you so much!!

Welcome to "The World"
Lab Assistant
#179 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 4:04 AM
Thank you so much for this. It seems very easy and straight forward. I'm going to try.

www.spazshare.com Free image hosting Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I feel like a banana.
Test Subject
#180 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 2:56 PM
Default Fantastic
Thanks a million for this tute. it is fantastic! I have been waiting for something like this for absolutely ages

~B_RE
Test Subject
#181 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 3:27 AM
What is sim PE? Haha.
Or is it EP i forgot. =/
Well anyways thanks for the help.
My sister has Photoshop and i want
to try it but i dont know what sim EP? PE?
Something like that, whatever it is i dont know
what it is. Is it already in your computer or do you
have to download it.
Test Subject
#182 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 9:53 PM
Is there a way to do this without SimPE? Installing that net framework thing bigs out my computer
Test Subject
#183 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 4:37 AM
i cant open photo studio. its turned off can u help me?!

Marina Avila
marinavila
Field Researcher
#184 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 9:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by InvaderxxZim
What is sim PE? Haha.
Is it already in your computer or do you
have to download it.
SimPE is a specify editor to create, mod and edit the game TS2.
More info e tutorial here
http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133
And, of course, you have to download and install it on your machine (pc)

Quote: Originally posted by Kat91119
Is there a way to do this without SimPE? Installing that net framework thing bigs out my computer

No, there is not. In order to create new custom content for the game you need SimPE.
There was another tool "GameExtractor"but I think it is not supported anymore.
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=GameExtractor

Quote: Originally posted by marinavila
i cant open photo studio. its turned off can u help me?!

You need to install the plugin go to
http://sims.ambertation.de/en/download/realdownload/
scroll down and in the section "Additional Downloads", you'll find the plugin "SimPE Photostudio Templates".
Simply download it and install as usual. When you'll run SimPE you'll get it to work fine.

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Test Subject
#185 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 12:48 AM
Default SimPE xip file download?
Is there a SimPE thats can be downloaded through a zip file? All I see are rar. files and My Comp wont allow rar. files downloads.

thanks
The ModFather
retired moderator
#186 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 1:36 AM
If you don't know how to manage a rar, well, perhaps you will find difficult to follow this tutorial, too; a minimum of knowledge and experience with your own PC is required in any case. I suggest you to download and install one of the free rar programs that you can find around. 7-zip is very good, for example.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#187 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 2:56 AM
I have uninstalled and reinstalled simPE, photo templates, and CEP 4 times each, and still no luck getting photo studio "un-greyed"

Anyone have any suggestions? As i am dying to give this tut a try:-)
Field Researcher
#188 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 12:44 PM
To be honest Object Workshop really isn't that complicated to create recolours, if the Photo Studio isn't working. I'd definitely give it a try at least with the tutorial!

Either way, if there's a problem with SimPE you need to go to the SimPE forum to report it or get support.

Marier - if you don't get on with 7zip then there is a Stuffit Expander for Windows which I'm fairly certain supports rar's - it seems quite a friendly program because the Mac folks seem to like their version of it. Although really any zip client is easy enough once you've got it set up the way you want it because you can then just extract anything on your machine by right clicking on it! Link - > http://www.stuffit.com/win/expander/
Numenor is certainly right that not being able to deal with rars is a problem here because a lot of tutorials you may want are in rars, plus think of all those lovely downloads here you could have if you can open a rar file

www.parsimonious.org
Artists - Get your own Studio! Always be featured!
Test Subject
#189 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 5:49 AM Last edited by Numenor : 10th Dec 2007 at 8:43 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 1841670, 1841671
true that! Thank you Numenor and Pistashio Ill give it a try..I have a new comp by the way..one with Vista.

EDIT:

GOT IT!! cool thank you guys!!!!
Instructor
#190 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 3:29 PM
***I have found that Photo Studio will be grayed out if you have the CEP file in a subfolder in your Download folder. So if you've tried everything else, try that!***
The ModFather
retired moderator
#191 Old 11th Dec 2007 at 6:54 AM
Inkbottleblue - If you have moved the CEP to a subfolder, Photoshop is just one of many things that might malfunction. I strongly suggest to put it back to its original location, i.e. the root Downloads folder.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Instructor
#192 Old 11th Dec 2007 at 11:39 PM Last edited by inkbottleblue : 11th Dec 2007 at 11:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Inkbottleblue - If you have moved the CEP to a subfolder, Photoshop is just one of many things that might malfunction. I strongly suggest to put it back to its original location, i.e. the root Downloads folder.

It is in the root Downloads folder, I meant a subfolder within the root Download folder. All my downloads are organized in subfolders, so I had (now it is back in the main folder) also put the CEP in a subfolder so I would know where it is, this is what I meant.
Test Subject
#193 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 7:58 PM
Default Great tutorial but still need advice
The tutorial is great !!! I finally managed to make a few paintings. But I wonder if it's normal I can't see all Maxis paintings in SimPE PhotoShop.
I have all expansion packs and I would love to work with some frames I can't see there. Am I doing something wrong ?? Help please
The ModFather
retired moderator
#194 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 11:06 PM
The paintings appear in the PhotoStudio only if someone has created a "template" for it. It's not automatic.
Since there are already a lot of paintings to choose from, newer paintings are not added any more to the PhotoStudio.

If you need to recolour one specific painting that doesn't appear in the PhotoStudio, you have to follow the general tutorial for recolouring.

Test Subject
#195 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 7:34 PM
Default The dopey of following a tutorial
thanks for replying, Numeror. I tried the other tutorial but paintings seems to have only one recolourable part. I was so far I could export a file, change the texture in another pic and open my example again in SimsPe objectmaker but I'm lost how I have to import so I can see it in the game. I'm bit afraid I will overwrite an original file and crash my game. Is there a tutorial for an object with only one recolourable part ?
Test Subject
#196 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 7:21 PM
Default The dopey did it !
Numeror, I did it !!! I made two paintings thanks to your other tutorial. I tried a third with another frame but that turned black in my game but I'm so glad I managed the first ones.
Lab Assistant
#197 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 10:30 PM
When I get to SimPE and go to Object Creation, the photo studio icon is gray and I can't get it to open. Could you help me?

cytö Sims Division
Questions or Comments?
Websitecytö
"Life is Short, Live Life Better"
Lab Assistant
#198 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 11:55 PM
It's all right now. I got it fixed. But thanks for the tutorial! Your the best!

cytö Sims Division
Questions or Comments?
Websitecytö
"Life is Short, Live Life Better"
Field Researcher
#199 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 6:45 AM
First, this is a wonderful tutorial!! I've been making pictures galore!! Thank you!!

Second, Somehow my "Lady in Red" picture is gone. It shows up in the Object Workshop, and in the photo templates, but when I go into the game it's not there!! How can I possibly find it without taking out all my downloads? ( I have alot of downloads!!) The only thing I can think of is that I downloaded someone else's picture that overwrote it, is that correct?

Third, I'm having a problem with pictures that have words. Every time I make a poster with words it gets reversed in the game. Do I uncheck the flip box, or leave it?

Thank you so much for all your hard work and help!!

Want to see all my Sims 2 creations, including my Star Trek items? Follow the link below to check out my Blog!

Puppetfish.Blogspot.com

Looking for Franny Sims Meshes? They can be found HERE!
Instructor
#200 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 9:01 PM
i folowed all the steps on here whent into game and couldnt find it could somebody please help!
Page 8 of 13