Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2022 at 11:32 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sim without a face!
I decided to download a set of default replacement skins for supernatural Sims. When testing, it seemed to be ok, but when I loaded my normal game I noticed a plantsim had a normal face now. As in, a plantsim body but a normal, non-plantsim face with regular skin.

I exited the game without saving and promptly deleted the replacements. I would have thought it would make the skins revert to the games' defaults, except now that Sim's face is missing entirely. It's just invisible. I sent the Sim to the mirror and changing appearance just results in the problem above (plantsim body skin, normal face).

I didn't do anything with genetics in the brief moments the default replacements were installed.

I'm really at a loss for what to do!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd May 2022 at 12:10 AM
Have you tried deleting the cache files?

In an "extreme" case, you could try curing the sim and making them into a plantsim again (use a mod) - that should reset their skin, at least as long as it's just a problem with one sim and not all plantsims in your game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th May 2022 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Have you tried deleting the cache files?

In an "extreme" case, you could try curing the sim and making them into a plantsim again (use a mod) - that should reset their skin, at least as long as it's just a problem with one sim and not all plantsims in your game.

Clearing the cache worked, thank you! I'd deleted the clashing mods but didn't know/remember the cache.