Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2022 at 3:20 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Some Maxis object recolors not appearing in-game (have already looked at MTS help guides)
Hi guys!

I've got an issue with some Maxis object recolors not showing up in my game. I've gone through the help options on this site and it's still not working - I've tried re-installing the content, restarting my game and computer, and clearing the cache.

The weird thing is, most of the custom content I've got shows up just fine - I've got plenty of other recolors and custom objects that have no issues at all. The recolors I can't see are all of Maxis objects (I have all EPs and SPs installed). I can't see anything wrong with the files in SimPE, and other recolors by the same creators are working fine (even recolors from the same download file as the ones that aren't showing up). I have CEP installed, but I'm wondering if there's a CEP extra I should have but can't find (I've had a search on this site and others).

It's affecting a mixture of objects - a couple of beds, exercise equipment, TVs and a stereo. All from different EPs/SPs.

I'm completely stumped - has anyone else had the same problem, or know of a way to fix it?

Thanks!!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Apr 2022 at 3:47 PM
Does the basegame potty look like the first or second image in this picture?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Apr 2022 at 10:19 PM
It looks like the first one. I did all the checks to make sure CEP was installed correctly before I added my custom content to the game. I have all the CEP Extra folders in the right places too.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Apr 2022 at 10:58 PM
Do you have the files in the right places, too?
The "_EnableColorOptionsGMND" should be directly in the Downloads folder and NOT in a subfolder.
The "_EnableColorOptionsMMAT" should be in the basegame "...\TSData\Res\Sims3D" folder.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Apr 2022 at 11:36 PM
Also another thing that can trip you up, although if you downloaded CEP from MTS it probably won't be it, but if someone drops you a file into Discord, Discord can remove that _ underscore off the start or if you yourself remove or rename it, it won't work properly.
Someone did pass me _EnableColorOptionsGMND on Discord when I was setting up my new PC and I hadn't noticed the underscore had gone and I had some oddities going on until I worked that out so double check all folder destinations and the name on the files.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Apr 2022 at 9:06 AM
Thanks guys. Yes, I do have both files, in the correct places, and both have the _ at the start. I've also just tried editing the file names to remove spaces and symbols, but that's not worked either. Really weird!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Apr 2022 at 12:44 PM
Which files have you edited?
Don't edit the names of the original CEP files, they should stay exactly that way.

Regular CC is usually fine to change the names of (with some exceptions for loading order and some mods).
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 12th Apr 2022 at 1:25 PM
If your CEP is installed correctly (which it is if you can see the potty subset correctly) and you have all EPs and SPs, then check that the individual recolours you are using don't need a custom CEP that someone has made. Usually creators will indicate this in the download thread. Also, for the items that don't show custom recolours, are they showing the Maxis recolours correctly?
Theorist
#9 Old 12th Apr 2022 at 1:41 PM
@GracideaFlower1- Any chance of getting the names and links to some of the Maxis recolours not showing up in your game. I have had a few people contact me with this problem over the years and have found some people have a problem with random compressed files, of Maxis object recolours not showing up in their game. The problem can usually be fixed by recolouring the object and not compressing the file.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#10 Old 12th Apr 2022 at 4:55 PM
Yes, compressed files and merged files may not show up. Sometimes the game doesn't like compressed files. You can just uncompress them using SimPE, they don't need to be remade. Choose all resources in the recolor package, then on the Resource tab choose no for compression then save. If they were merged, it could be either they were compressed or that the MMATs don't have unique instances.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Apr 2022 at 3:21 PM
Thanks so much guys!! I'll certainly try that and let you know if it works.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 6th May 2022 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Does the basegame potty look like the first or second image in this picture?

Hi there, is it okay to jump into this thread? I'm having the same problem with recolors not showing. According to your pics above, my CEP is not installed correctly. I have the Ultimate Collection, and I downloaded the CEP 9.2 Autoinstaller version straight from MTS and ran the installer. It says it installed successfully. However my Maxis objects that should have recolors look like the second photo. And there are no files named "_EnableColorOptionsGMND" or "_EnableColorOptionsMMAT" that I can find.

I uninstalled CEP and reinstalled. I tried renaming the CC (it did have some spaces and parentheses). I tried taking out my entire Downloads folder and only putting in the specific recolor CC I'm trying to get to work. Nothing has worked.

Specifically it is the Lovely Ladybug Recolors by Fivey that I'm trying to troubleshoot, however I'm now noticing that some recolors of skill objects such as the piano and crafting stations are not showing up either.

What should I do from here?
Mad Poster
#13 Old 6th May 2022 at 4:16 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th May 2022 at 11:40 PM.
^ Try the manual install option.

I don't think the CEP autoinstaller is compatible with the UC due to the different file paths, and possibly not the compilation packs either (depending on whether it works with the Double Deluxe and post-2009 compilation paths), so if you have any of these, you'll want to use the manual installer.

There should be a text file in the download with the main instructions. Some of the paths are a bit different for UC, so nearly at the top on the CEP download page, click the spoiler tag for the extra instructions on where to place the files with the UC, where it says "manual install for ultimate collection".

(The CEP works fine with the UC in my experience - pretty sure I did a manual install. No idea which method I used with my old single-disc only game, but I installed it on various computers over the years, and can't remember having any CEP-related issues I couldn't easily fix).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 6th May 2022 at 5:52 AM
I would do manual install too, CEP was created back when we were all on Disks.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15 Old 6th May 2022 at 6:19 PM
CEP installs perfectly with the UC in my experience.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 7th May 2022 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
^ Try the manual install option.

I don't think the CEP autoinstaller is compatible with the UC due to the different file paths, and possibly not the compilation packs either (depending on whether it works with the Double Deluxe and post-2009 compilation paths), so if you have any of these, you'll want to use the manual installer.

There should be a text file in the download with the main instructions. Some of the paths are a bit different for UC, so nearly at the top on the CEP download page, click the spoiler tag for the extra instructions on where to place the files with the UC, where it says "manual install for ultimate collection".

(The CEP works fine with the UC in my experience - pretty sure I did a manual install. No idea which method I used with my old single-disc only game, but I installed it on various computers over the years, and can't remember having any CEP-related issues I couldn't easily fix).

Okay! I did it! Phew lol. The manual install instructions were a bit worrying to me because it was telling me to put stuff in the Double Deluxe folder, but other things I have done to get Sims 2 working have had me do stuff in the Pets -> SP9 folder. So I was confused. I also have the flu and 2 kids running around distracting me and I was concerned I'd put something in the wrong place. But Post #4 in this thread {https://modthesims.info/t/529429} said that Double Deluxe worked for them, so I tried it out. Booted up the game, and there are all my recolors! Thanks everyone!