Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2022 at 3:19 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Do all mods go inside of the Downloads folder?
I wanted to download an UI change mod (Chris Hatch Cas 300), and I've extracted and put the package file into my game, but it doesn't show up in my game, not as a starting pop up between my mods, but I did turn on my mods. I've redownloaded the game again, so there aren't any other mods that cause the mod not to work. Is the mod outdated or am I doing something wrong, for example is UI mods supposed to go somewhere else than the mods folder? Any advice would be appreciated ^-^

♥ sims 4 custom content creator xietresims ♥ also screenshot content xietressc
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th May 2022 at 3:32 PM
Remember to restart your game after turning on CC. If you reinstall the game, you have to turn on CC and restart the game again.

Could be an idea to check if clothes and furniture is showing up properly (remember meshes), because sometimes it's a bit difficult to know if mods are doing anything.

Most CC/mods go into the Downloads folder. A few mods have special instructions, so make sure you read the text before downloading. These are things like light mods, the CEP and CEP-extras, some default replacements, some UI mods - but follow instructions.

Not sure about CH's UI mod - if it's the one that expands the UI for CAS and is just one "Package" file, I think it goes into the Downloads folder.