Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

HomeworkSometimesFasterFun

by Jenflower Posted 15th Dec 2004 at 10:57 PM - Updated 19th Mar 2009 at 7:11 AM by Jenflower : Apartment Life version uploaded again after server crash

243 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 237 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 10
Test Subject
#201 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 1:03 PM
it's still working well for me :-)
Test Subject
#202 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 2:43 PM
thank you so much for this! I needed something like this for my teens go to work an hour after they get home. Or when ever their time starts for their after school job.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#203 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 1:08 AM Last edited by Jenflower : 5th Mar 2007 at 1:14 AM. Reason: Updated with an OOPS message.
Okay - the new Seasons version is ready for download (and testing!)
I have tested it in-game, but want to make sure it works for all of you, too!
Additionally, I have tweaked and added some speed features to the file for the "Base to Pets" version, as well. Anyone who has my old version of "homeworksometimes v.2" should download the new one I uploaded today.

I have also updated and added some extra info to the mod description in the first post.

As a final note, I just wanted to add here that there is another version of my mod that has been altered by TwoJeffs and made available on their site. They seemed to have changed some things to my mod and redistributed it there.
You must remove their version of my mod if you are going to use the one from here. This mod here is the newest version and the only version of this mod that I support. I just don't want there to be any confusion when it comes to providing support for my mod. I really wish to have my newest versions of this mod to only be available for download on MTS2. I hope this helps.
Thanks so much and enjoy!

NOTE - If you downloaded the file on March 4th before 8PM EST, you need to download it again. The occasional homework part of the game was coded wrong (my mistake). The correct files have now been uploaded.

"That probably would have sounded more commanding if I wasn't wearing my yummy sushi pajamas."
Lab Assistant
#204 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 3:09 AM
thanks for the update on this mod!

On a side note... what happened to your teen woohoo mod?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#205 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 5:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bain
thanks for the update on this mod!

On a side note... what happened to your teen woohoo mod?

You're welcome! Enjoy the mod and let me know if you encounter any problems. I want to get the second, alternate version out in a few days that will give the occasional homework message only when they DO have homework as opposed to when they DON'T, but I want to wait to make sure the first version works before I do that.
-----
As for my TeenWoohoo mod, it is now maintained, updated, cared for, polished, tweaked, etc. by the very talented and gracious Jase at the Inteenimator web site. :lovestruc My time became very limited a few years ago and he was kind enough to accept ownership of the mod.

You can find it HERE and in the forum topic - (kindly labeled by Jase) - named "Jenflower's Garden".

"That probably would have sounded more commanding if I wasn't wearing my yummy sushi pajamas."
Test Subject
#206 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 3:47 AM
The mod works fine for the first few days, but after that at least one of my kids doesn't have the option to go to school. I've noticed it usually happens with teens. I redownloaded this mod last night, but I'm still having problems. Any idea what it could be? I don't have the TwoJeffs version, and my other homework mods are listed as compatible.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#207 Old 10th Jun 2007 at 7:47 PM Last edited by Jenflower : 13th Jun 2007 at 4:25 AM.
This particular homework mod doesn't touch any of the code that sends the children to school, so I'm pretty sure my mod isn't causing your problem.

My suggestion is to run the hack conflict utility from simwardrobe.com and see if anything comes up there. It sounds like two other hacks may be conflicting.

EDIT: Thinking about it now, do you have the Inteenimater installed? If the bus is no longer coming for your teens, that is actually a feature of the Inteenimater. When the Sim is about 18 years old (I think about 5 or 6 days before they age into an adult), they "graduate" from high school and the bus no longer arrives for them.

Test Subject
#208 Old 28th Jun 2007 at 5:17 PM
I downloaded the seasons one and when my game starts, a window comes up saying some of the custom content may not be compatible with the game and this hack is listed among others that I have....will try and see if I can fix that. and by the way, thanks a lot.
retired moderator
#209 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 8:26 PM
This is great! Thanks for sharing

Formerly known as boolPropped
Test Subject
#210 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 10:00 AM
Is this mod working with Bon Voyage? I don't think I can play without it anymore...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#211 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 10:09 PM
Hi everyone! Well, I don't have the new expansion pack and I'm not sure when and if I plan on purchasing it. My interests have taken me elsewhere for the time being. It would be terrific is someone can post some kind of confirmation as to whether it works or not with the new Bon Voyage expansion pack. (If I am not mistaken, there is a new routine concerning homework speed during vacation...)
So, if someone can confirm this and it turns out that the mod does not work, I will make it a priority to work on a compatible version for everyone - I just don't have the game right now to test it myself.
I hope everyone is enjoying the new game. I appreciate your feedback. Thanks, everyone!

Lab Assistant
#212 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 8:00 AM
I'll be checking back, too

What a lovely way to burn
Field Researcher
#213 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 12:50 PM
Has anyibe confirmed that this hack does or does not work with BV?
Test Subject
#214 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 1:14 PM
HackDiff confirms there is a change in a routine:
"B 0x7FF4DCC2 0x1021 Sub - Do Homework - Increment & Exit"

So it's likely to create problems
Test Subject
Original Poster
#215 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 3:03 AM
Ack! Okay...I'll head out and buy the game this week and see what I can put together for everyone.

Lab Assistant
#216 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 2:11 PM
Awesome Jen, I really miss this mod. Homework all the time ugh!
Field Researcher
#217 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 10:26 AM
I love this mod! I am going to try it with BV anyway, but I hope Jen is out there somewhere and willing/able to update this. I've been playing without it since BV came out and I just miss it too much!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#218 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 4:25 AM
Sorry everyone...I guess I am behind by two expansion packs now.
I know how it feels to wait for someone to update a mod...and I hate that I am doing this to anyone who is waiting for it.
I currently have a new 500 gig hard drive waiting for installation...this definitely has to be done before I even think about touching my Sims games again. *feels awful*
I will be back, though - I just haven't played Sims since last summer and can't get myself back into the groove. I am really curious about the last two expansion packs so when I get my new hard drive in, I'm going to see what I can do about giving it another go.

Field Researcher
#219 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 12:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jenflower
Sorry everyone...I guess I am behind by two expansion packs now.
I know how it feels to wait for someone to update a mod...and I hate that I am doing this to anyone who is waiting for it.
I currently have a new 500 gig hard drive waiting for installation...this definitely has to be done before I even think about touching my Sims games again. *feels awful*
I will be back, though - I just haven't played Sims since last summer and can't get myself back into the groove. I am really curious about the last two expansion packs so when I get my new hard drive in, I'm going to see what I can do about giving it another go.

Hey Jen, great to see you back! Look forwward to having you around again!

Toni

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
Instructor
#220 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 8:21 PM
Yay, just what I was looking for! I don't mind homeworking taking long, that's normal. But character and grade making no difference is so bloody unrealistic. So, thanks a lot for this!
Test Subject
#221 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 6:13 AM
Does anyone know if this works for Free Time?
Field Researcher
#222 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsBaby01
Does anyone know if this works for Free Time?

Two Jeffs has a version updated for FT which also eliminates the A+ cheering (which gets really annonying, really fast). You'll find it under School Bus/Bring Friend & Homework Hacks here http://www.simbology.com/smf/index....sg23.html#msg23

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#223 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 3:23 AM Last edited by Jenflower : 3rd Sep 2008 at 4:31 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ilikefishfood
Two Jeffs has a version updated for FT which also eliminates the A+ cheering (which gets really annonying, really fast). You'll find it under School Bus/Bring Friend & Homework Hacks here http://www.simbology.com/smf/index....sg23.html#msg23

Well...okay, then.
I guess for those wanting a FreeTime version, the easiest thing is to have everyone use the version from TwoJeffs. (This is a bit of a thorny issue for me, to tell you the truth...)

I should make it clear that their hack is based entirely on my work, but does not have the exact functionality as my HomeworkSometimes mod. So for those who are still interested in having a mod with the the specific features I listed in my mod description, you can continue to download and use the mod I created and uploaded here.

My newest file is a Bon Voyage compatible version to be tested.
As long as that seems to work for everyone, I will then provide a FreeTime version. (My initial check, however, seems to indicate that the BonVoyage version might actually work with FreeTime, too, if you have both installed. Feel free to test it out and let me know how it works for you.)

UPDATE: I hope to have Apartment Life by the middle of October. In the meantime, I just purchased FreeTime and hope to have that version up by the end of the week.

Test Subject
#224 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 6:10 AM
Any news about it working for Apartment Life?
Instructor
#225 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jenflower
UPDATE: I hope to have Apartment Life by the middle of October. In the meantime, I just purchased FreeTime and hope to have that version up by the end of the week.

Hey Jen!

Just wanted to drop a line first of all, to say thanks for this amazing mod: I think it may have been the first ever hack I downloaded for the sims 2, and by far, it has been my favorite. I've never, ever (knock wood) had problems with it and the benefits for my sims have been extraordinary. Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!

I also wanted to know if you've had any luck at all with a Free Time version. I am totally not pressuring you (as you just posted only three days ago about the update); I just wanted to offer my support and enthusiasm over it. I completely choose your hack over any other as, like I said, not only is it my favorite but I've never had any problems with it.

Take all the time you need! I just wanted you to know that there are still huge fans of your work out there, and that we'll all wait with baited breath for anything you have to offer.

Thanks again, Jen! You rock!
Page 9 of 10