Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#1676 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 3:36 PM
My newest upload:

Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1677 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 4:12 PM
Nice CFE vs Stage work on the roof up there ^

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#1678 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 11:56 PM
WOW! Amazing work @ScaryRob

heres the floorplan I used for my inspiration:
https://archive.org/details/America...up?view=theater
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1679 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 9:48 PM
Nice job ScaryRob. And I decided to gave up creating.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Theorist
#1680 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor

LOL, does one have anything to do with the other?
Alchemist
#1681 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 2:11 PM

What do you mean you give up creating?

I come in peace
#1682 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 7:17 PM
My 10-Year-Anniv upload is up! Please go check it out and leave me a comment .

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1683 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 8:11 PM
Johnny_Bravo, I don't know. Probably I don't find a way to describe it. Just don't mind me when I leave this place one day.
Cat, that was really nicely done with 42 facade numbers

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Mad Poster
#1684 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 10:10 PM
Current WIP:

Based on the floorplans below...
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#1685 Old 26th Apr 2021 at 12:54 AM
That one ^ is done.
Now I'm working on this one - a Vacation Cabin
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Instructor
#1686 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 8:42 AM
I made a school. Haven't been doing a ton of things in the Sims recently. Seems like when I do, I'll actually play the game instead of just build.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#1687 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 3:06 PM
Hey! That looks exactly like a school! An IB school ...it's all nice and shiny and ready for happy students.

Is that TS3 or 4? And, do schools actually work - or is it meant more as a prop?

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1688 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 4:03 PM
That's a great looking school, cutsocks.

What's with the new price breakdowns for Lot uploads? I've looked at the "Site News" but, as usual, there's no info given.
Alchemist
#1689 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 4:09 PM
I like all the small details making the building look like it does. What'll the space on lower level be used for?

@CatherineTCJD TS3, it can be both a prop and functional by adding the Rabbit hole school in the basement (yeah..) or use Rabbit hole rugs.

I come in peace
#1690 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 2:49 AM
@CatherineTCJD In addition to what Johnny mentioned, I present a lots that are normally a rabbit hole as "cosmetic". I personally use the CC rabbit hole rugs. The open world nature of Sims 3 really encourages sims to do activities off the home lot, so community lots are a great place to stick any kind of skill object. Certain lot types provide bonuses as well, boost to reading at a library and athletic skill at a gym, for example. There is an immersive school mod for Sims 3, that I should probably look into one of these days. (But I do enjoy the respite a rabbit hole gives.)

@Johnny_Bravo Obviously some specific classrooms--music, art, chemistry set, etc. I was thinking about making the two underneath the gym into locker rooms, but I dunno. I am going to remove the middle front classroom next the the restrooms down there and add a cluster of lockers and some seating throughout. But then if one just uses the lot for a rug, any furnishing down there is just unnecessary crap to load.

I had planned for a school for younger children, and then have playground equipment in the courtyard. But that took up a lot of space, and I didn't like how it looked. So many elementary, primary, K through 6, whatever-term-one-uses-in-their-native-country/culture schools are single story and trying to achieve that look on the smallest possible lot size you can manage is so tough. Initially I had aimed for 40x40, but had to go up to 50x50. I really do like my sage, dijon, mushroom, and chocolate color scheme--I managed not to use another green/red scheme which is my automatic go-to. Yay. Though after taking pictures, my favorite part is the lazy landscape with the just marigolds. That is such a real life thing. Marigolds are pretty and vibrant and all, but the are just so low effort and lazy. And they don't smell good. Occasionally you'll be in a place that is just loaded with them, and it's like a hot, still day and you get a whiff and it's like eh. It's the complete opposite of, say, a lilac bush, where you are all like, "mmm, that's nice..." and you just wanna dive face first into your neighbor's bush and just zen out for forever.
Forum Resident
#1691 Old 1st May 2021 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cutsocks
I made a school. Haven't been doing a ton of things in the Sims recently. Seems like when I do, I'll actually play the game instead of just build.

looks so amazing wow! nicely done

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1692 Old 1st May 2021 at 10:40 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 1st May 2021 at 11:05 PM.
Glad to see you here again, cutsocks!

Cat, there is a little tip about TS3 or TS4 question. TS4 will never has plain area around. Hood decorations in TS4 are very rich and beautiful but unreplacible.
F. E. my Custer's Market had a triple lantern pop up on the walkway. There was not any street light in the Sims Unleashed lot, but it's still there in Sims 4. Guess why. Right! I couldn't replace it

Forum Resident
#1693 Old 1st May 2021 at 11:59 PM
So I decided it was time to remodel one of my Gilded Age Mansion: The Ellwood Estate
https://modthesims.info/d/609886/th...ood-estate.html

into a higher more fashionable style of the era and also expand it a bit
Hope you like the changes I have made

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1694 Old 3rd May 2021 at 9:52 AM
TudorMan23, your mansions are great. And they would look great in my Tara neighborhood. But guess this one you won't share. Sigh

Theorist
#1695 Old 3rd May 2021 at 10:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Current WIP:

Based on the floorplans below...

I have so many questions about this... I can't imagine something like this in Brooklyn. In my town, in Moscow we never ever had housing like this. I can't imagine how to live in city center with your own garden. Very... un... expected...
Have you ever been in a house like this? Have you ever lived in such house? How is it to have two WIC per bedroom. Very unique structure. Very interesting to explore. I am up to start crying. I'd like to see it with my own eyes.

Alchemist
#1696 Old 3rd May 2021 at 1:57 PM
I have so many questions about this... I can't imagine something like this in Brooklyn. In my town, in Moscow we never ever had housing like this. I can't imagine how to live in city center with your own garden. Very... un... expected...
Have you ever been in a house like this? Have you ever lived in such house? How is it to have two WIC per bedroom. Very unique structure. Very interesting to explore. I am up to start crying. I'd like to see it with my own eyes.

Brownstones are very real and do have a small garden, despite being in a city. But that's the reason these homes are EXPENSIVE
One for 3 million in Brooklyn: Brownstone Townhouse, Brooklyn, NYC
Here's one for 17+ million in the Upper Westside: Brownstone, Upper westside, NYC, NY

I come in peace
#1697 Old 3rd May 2021 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
Brownstones are very real and do have a small garden, despite being in a city. But that's the reason these homes are EXPENSIVE
One for 3 million in Brooklyn: Brownstone Townhouse, Brooklyn, NYC
Here's one for 17+ million in the Upper Westside: Brownstone, Upper westside, NYC, NY

I lived in this one for 12 years, in the 1970's into the early 1980's: https://www.apartments.com/22-40-hi...ing-ny/kee48kc/
It's not a Brownstone, but similar.
Top two left-hand windows was my bedroom, with a skyline view of Manhattan, about 5 miles to the west and overlooking parts of Queens and Brooklyn. The apartment goes backwards from the bedroom, past a bathroom, into a living room and then past a kitchen to the door that opens to a central hallway. It had a total of 4 smallish closets, the biggest in the bedroom, but none of them are walk-in. The windows along the side of the house overlook Metropolitan Avenue. There's a firehouse across the street where the fire engines go in and out about 2-3 times a day.
It was nice. When I left in early 1983, I was paying about $250/month, rent controlled.
You can see the area in Google Maps or Google Earth. The Carvel ice cream store has been there for many decades and the Dunkin' Donuts was added about 1980.
I've been contemplating recreating it for Sims 2, but it would be difficult because of the hallway and stairs layout.
Mad Poster
#1698 Old 3rd May 2021 at 4:11 PM

Yes Vic - they are very real
I'm surprised Moscow doesn't have buildings "like" the Brownstones. I always imagined it would - though they'd be broken into smaller apartments of course.
Remember, the original intent/design of the one I built (and the 2 Johnny_Bravo linked to above) are as single family residences.

Johnny - That 17-mill one has a very nice floorplan! I might have to see how that one works out in TS2. I wish we could successfully do the U shaped staircase - CFEd walls leave an ugly mess... but the mess would be on the wall that is sandwiched between buildings (unless you put it at the end of the 'row'.) Hmmmmm...

and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
#1699 Old 3rd May 2021 at 6:58 PM
The floorplan is really lovely, I like how the 3rd floor is dedicated to just the Master bed and bath. What caught me off-guard were the Yoga and the Meditation room, must be a rich people thing to have spaces dedicated to that.
Would be awesome the Sims allowed sweeping staircases like this one, it's so simple yet elegant... I'd love to see a TCJD-version of it.
My tries at terraced homes/brownstones always failed miserably

I come in peace
#1700 Old 3rd May 2021 at 7:44 PM
...I'm working on it now. Well, actually, I thought I'd do the other one first.
I think I'm going to take that/other floorplan and 'modernize' the idea. So the in-game cement stairs won't look so out of place (and I can do it CC-Free)

It might have more of a Chi-town vibe than NYC. We'll see? I'm just firing up the game now. Thans for the inspiration .

and Vintage Stuffeths

Page 68 of 98