Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#1751 Old 1st Jun 2021 at 8:19 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 1st Jun 2021 at 8:33 PM. Reason: Added restaurant
I think you would better to test it, I utilised some of your suggestions. I removed all pines from neighborhood and added kudzu posessed house.

Here is how Gospel Church looks inside. It has a scene for preformances. I've seen few things about Black Church or something that makes really fun preformances during their sessions, even dance and singing (like someithng I saw in "Sister, go" movie). There is piano and karaoke inside, stationary benches with extra seats. And buffet table with playground outside. In shor t it has everything for spend here weddings... except wedding arch)

And here is the building called Thomasville Corner. It has bar and cofee house inside. Also clothes store and grocery are here. I was covered its yard with kudzu vines.

And here is something that could be utilised as gas station. But it is a roadside restauant.

List all screenshots in attachements:
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1752 Old 1st Jun 2021 at 9:32 PM
LOL - this is a Kudzu covered building:

...I mean, you tried - but the sweet little in-game Ivy doesn't even come close!
Here's another pix:

I love that the church has an aqua-ish green carpet (it's non-denominational!)
And the diagonal slant of the gas/quickie mart is a nice visually-interesting touch
Screenshots

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1753 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 11:48 AM
Sweet little in-game Ivy could be put layered with moveobjects cheat to make it look like Kudzu. If I put there much effort, I could make it to like like Kudzu. I don't know if I care with this. The most disappointing find that ivys can't cover wall openings.

Well, carpet is nice, but that's not all I wanna to know about Churches. I've been once in catholic church. And I know enough about Orthodox. Christ Gospel Church is still puzzling. I am puzzled about its interior. The only picture I used for intertior is this from TLC tv show:

I see there is a scene performance here. And a huge cross at back that makes me believe it's a church. However... it might be wrong because TV sometimes show us faux things. Especially TV shows lies entertaining. So I could not believe there could be a scene performances like this in a church. At least in my town where I live.
However... I guess there is one common feature of any suburban churches. They are multipurpouse. I know really. My siblings live in a village. And I have been there once. Their church is a prayer house, a confession room also a wedding venue and a banqueting hall. All in one room. However that's not about Sims where community furnishings are static. Once when placed they will stay. It leaves me puzzling about this church purpouse. I want to make it multifunctional. But I have for this just one room.
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Mad Poster
#1754 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 2:03 PM
That ^ indeed, looks like the inside of a 'new' style protestant church (I don't know about Catholic?) Many churches are designed so that the original sanctuary can be converted to a fellowship hall when the church grows - and then they build a bigger, more magnificent, new sanctuary.
BTW - It's not a "performance" (though sometimes it feels/looks like it is). It is worship. Some people might be really offended if you called it a performance in your upload. I directed church choirs for 23 years - it doesn't bother me - but I know many that it would.

Don't fret about the Kudzu - the Ivy looks like the 'beginner' version.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1755 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 5:33 PM
After words being said by you Cat, I decided o rethink the building. I see clearly there are a group on the scene with instruments. So I added piano to karaoke microphone and guitar. Playground was moved to unfenced area and wedding with arch was appeared on its place behind the church. It is modest, close to poor, wedding venue with no guest seats but with buffet table and weathered UNI sofas and chair.

FYI, Catherine. In my country any instrumantal show called scene performance, or concert in short. Worship in Orthodox Church is going without any instruments but with public reading and chorus. This is a common feature of any Orthodox - no instruments at all. But voices should be strong to hold one note for a long cause chorus needs it. In my opinion Georgian Christians are the best in voice. Another I did not found are wall portraits and sconces. I see here no any. But for Orthodox Church that's important. Poorest den I ever seen with torn wallpapers at my relative's thorp has three portraits of saint with wooden frames and a one gilded sconce.

No kudzu since today. I found this house file was corrupted.
Screenshots

Alchemist
#1756 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 10:53 PM
Hey @CatherineTCJD, are you ready for something new? I've got something on my mind. A -honestly- generic Dutch rowhouse, built in the very late 80's

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#1757 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
Hey @CatherineTCJD, are you ready for something new? I've got something on my mind. A -honestly- generic Dutch rowhouse, built in the very late 80's

LOL! I'll be happy to have a look-see

I just started a 129 wall Mixed Rock Superset *Oi! Walls are t-e-d-i-o-u-s!*

and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
#1758 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 12:18 AM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 4th Jun 2021 at 12:54 AM.
Sweet, the downside is that I don't have *real* floor plans. I got eager and drew them, adapted for in-game building. 1 bedroom has gone, and one got bigger, because Dutch staircases just can't be straight-forward. These homes are in the same town as the previous one.

I tried accounting for the connecting walls, I messed up a little and drew the plans with connecting walls on either side of a single unit, but I think that gives you some room (literally) to play.
The outer numbers represent the # of tiles, the inner ones which room is which, obviously. The numbers in the brackets are just 2 more sizes for reference.
The front and back view is shown with the connected walls on either side. I added these, because the streetview angle only really shows the corner home, whose windows are different from the middle ones. Most of these had an extension added for more sq/m in the living/dining area, which in turns provide room for a balcony. (Which no one has done in RL, weirdly enough)

If it seems like I'm being nitpicky, I may be, since I spend my childhood in this house, and I dearly miss it.

Also 129 walls as in, you're making 129 wallpapers for one set?

ETA:
The floor plans of the adjecent homes are mirrored.
Screenshots

#1759 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
...I don't have *real* floor plans. I got eager and drew them, adapted for in-game building. 1 bedroom has gone, and one got bigger, because Dutch staircases just can't be straight-forward...

They look like "real" plans to me! . The spiral stairs are the easiest to use in game anyway - so YAY!
The trick to building this one will be in the roof. I'll play around with it, and see if I can get roof pitches to match. That storage area might not be accessible to sims because of the roof. We'll see...

Quote:
If it seems like I'm being nitpicky, I may be, since I spend my childhood in this house, and I dearly miss it.

Ooooo! OK. I will be extra careful with this one then. And get it as accurate as I can

Quote:
Also 129 walls as in, you're making 129 wallpapers for one set?

It's an outdoor set - actually 5 different masonry walls - but with the EAxis Quinoing... so each texture has like, 15 parts to it. Then I also made a set of 'poured'/stone walls. Ugh! Textures are all done. Now I have to make them into walls, and reimport each texture into SimPE (so they are crisp) and do more SimPE category placement tricks. Then go look in game and fix any pixel mistakes. Take pictures. Prep pictures. And, upload.
I did a lot of texture stuff to these - I think they are going to look really nice. I hope! :worried:

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1760 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 11:11 AM
Oh Johnny. Those house is so tight! I can't even imagine how to live there! close to house plans in Russia we call hruschevka...

Alchemist
#1761 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 5:31 PM
@Victor_tor The Netherlands is a small country with too many people, space is scarce. We even had a fair amount of space in comparison to let's say Amsterdam Townhouses. The ones you see when you google Amsterdam, those are incredibly narrow.

@CatherineTCJD I tried to create the plans as sim-able as possible, but yes, the storage area is problem. The rest of the roof should work with the standard 45 degree angle. As for the stairs, the RL ones wouldn't even be possible with CFE magic due to twists and turns, so a spiral one made the most sense.

And walls sound like a PITA

#1762 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 6:56 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 5th Jun 2021 at 9:48 AM.
I saw at TLC international house hunters. There was a family with tiny dog who wanted a house in Amsterdam center. And... they end up with fail, cause there were no houses with stairs fit for tiny dogs, and there was no space to go for a walk. However they (and me also) found nice thing like floating house. That type of houses has also scarce space, but their amenities are kinda unique. ^_^ I did not believe that, but they even can reach city center!!

hey, Johnny. Can you say how did you use 5 storage space when you lived there?

Alchemist
#1763 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 2:28 PM
Yeah, old homes have narrow, steep stairs, I hate them The storage area was used for my dad's tools, a small workbench and our bicycles. It was just an attached shed, really.

#1764 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 5:20 PM
My siblings has also has room attached to house. But they were used it for toilet. They would use this room for toilet too, if they were you.
I read that The Netherlands is country of bicycles. Therefore it makes sence you has special shed for bikes.
In Russia bicycles are not so necessary as cars. We keep bicycles, workbenches and other stuff inside garage. I can't say about others. But garages with garbage is definitely my family's feature.

Forum Resident
#1765 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 3:05 PM
Here are 2 Narrow lot houses i recently started both on a 25X50 lot!!!
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Mad Poster
#1766 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 4:11 PM
Oooo! @TudorMan23 I like the second one a lot!
In TS2 (well... we can't do 25T) 20X50 is considered a med - large sized lot...

I mentioned working on walls - here's a preview of what I'm doing:
I modified each of these stone textures to be completely tileable (in all directions) then I made some inside half-paneled walls to match existing in-game walls

Then I made a set of MaxisMatching Quinoing walls for each stone variation (That's 13 "quinoed" patterns per stone!)

Whew! ...I think I might be ready to build a bit again soon .
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#1767 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 9:42 PM
Double posting 'cuz completely different subject!
@Johnny_Bravo - Here's what I got so far...
Should I finish it up? What needs changing?

ETA - Pictures are numbered - find Preview01 to start! (Why can pictures never load in order?????) *Gah!*
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
#1768 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 11:55 PM
Niiiice. The clipping roof obviously sucks, is it possible to extend the roof of the shed, so that it'd connect withe roof of the neighbouring shed?
With the CFE work however, it actually adds realism to the upper floor, which had slanted ceiling there. There's actually a small bathroom where you've put the closet, which I didn't think would work
Speaking of bathrooms, I'd put a shower where the toilet is, bathtubs are rather rare in these homes, let alone a bathtub-shower combo.
The main floor had paneled walls, see the attachment, not the most beautiful, but authentic The breakfast counter also wasn't a thing.

Back to structural related stuff; The indent for the balcony isn't true to the original, but a nice and realistic touch.
Since the plan turned out out wider than I expected, there's possibility to add the bedroom I initially ditched, that would even give the master bedroom a realistic size.
Feel free to add the windows, but the long one has to remain in the corner :p

The garage in the backyard is a neat idea, but wouldn't that mean that the homes should be placed between 2 streets?

#1769 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 12:32 AM
Quote:
...is it possible to extend the roof of the shed, so that it'd connect withe roof of the neighbouring shed?

It is possible - but, I wasn't planning on mirroring the lot. I doubt people would want to DL a lot that's just a mirror of another. Besides, the google photo doesn't show them mirrored.

Quote:
There's actually a small bathroom where you've put the closet, which I didn't think would work

I almost snuck in an extra bath for a Master Suite. LOL! The closet is only taking 2T, but some of the bedroom could be sacrificed to make a bathroom. Sims can access a closet on that row, but they cannot walk along that row. That's why the stairs had to move back a T - sims can't use that whole row of space.

Quote:
Speaking of bathrooms, I'd put a shower where the toilet is, bathtubs are rather rare in these homes, let alone a bathtub-shower combo.

If I do that, it is not dog accessible. Dogs need an unobstructed bath tub.

Quote:
The main floor had paneled walls, see the attachment, not the most beautiful, but authentic The breakfast counter also wasn't a thing.

OK - do-able Was there a wall then, in place of the counter/stools? And, what attachment - I don't have any inside views of the RL house?

Quote:
...there's possibility to add the bedroom I initially ditched...

Tell me where

Quote:
The garage in the backyard is a neat idea, but wouldn't that mean that the homes should be placed between 2 streets?

Once you turn a driveway piece on it's side, cars will teleport anyway - so no, it can still be a middle lot. If the garage is a good thing, then I will do L-ends and R-ends (so they can have proper garage doors) and middle lots. Cars will still teleport, mind you, but it will look "right"

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1770 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 9:37 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 7th Jun 2021 at 11:40 AM. Reason: added screenshots
Uugh. Let me to make my vision of this house. I think that can do another view at this building.

here is what I made in 2 hours. According to blueprint and with no CFE cheat.

Alchemist
#1771 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 2:07 PM
@Victor_tor
That is pretty much what I envisioned.

@CatherineTCJD
Oops
Here's an example of the paneled wall I meant.
Originally there was a wall where the counters are, but it was knocked down in favor for an open plan in our house. I don't have reference pictures.

Okay, then I'd keep the bathrooms as they are to keep it pet friendly, too.

The extra bedroom would be where you'd probably put an ensuite. Professionally edited picture is attached.

I'm still not sure about the garage, but worth it to see what it'd look like.

Overall it looks good, I don't want to restrict your creative freedom, because even though it's my childhood home, it's still just meant as in inspiration
Screenshots

#1772 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 3:06 PM
Hehe. Things become challenging Oh I can even add ensuite in my house where it shoul be. Is 1x3 space with toilet and shower enough?
I like Cat's house but I see it more like apartment house with mirrored houses in row. Storage can be easily made like at Catherine's house for through garbage away.
What about chimneys? Have you had fireplaces at your birthplace? It looks like you had.
What abou balconies. Do they really has doors. I have not seen any in your drawing.

Mad Poster
#1773 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
Uugh. Let me to make my vision of this house. I think that can do another view at this building.

here is what I made in 2 hours. According to blueprint and with no CFE cheat.

Yes - you back-to-backed those front storage areas so the shed-roof placed neatly
Good Job! Your basic shell is 8X6. Yours is an apartment block...
Mine is 9X8 - and a SFH rowhouse.

And yes, I questioned chimneys too? The RL pix shows 'em, but you didn't put one in your blueprints?
@Victor_tor - What slope is your roof at?

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1774 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 4:07 PM
@CatherineTCJD It is 45 degrees.

Alchemist
#1775 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 4:20 PM
Ah, the chimneys were never clearly visible in the house, because they're not from fireplaces, but other things which need venting. All I know is that 2 houses share one chimney.

The balcony was an optional idea, that's why I didn't put any doors there. Cat's placement of the balcony entry makes sense.

Page 71 of 98