Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#326 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 2:51 PM
I thought we were only allowed 8 screenshots, plus an extra one for the lot price?

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Advertisement
Scholar
#327 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 3:08 PM
I seem to recall that 2 extra images for each aditional level.
Is that not right? Or maybe a basement does not count because it's below the ground level? Had not thought about that..
If that's the case please let me know and I'll try to figure to cut down on pictures, although I hope not because I would need 2 floorplans anyway which would leave me with only 4 pictures to show the interior details
Mad Poster
#328 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Karen Lorraine
I thought we were only allowed 8 screenshots, plus an extra one for the lot price?
Plus an extra 2 screenshots for each additional floor besides the ground floor. Though it's not obvious from the outside, Amura's house has got a basement!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#329 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 3:55 PM
No, you're right, I am wrong, sorry. I missed it in the first post here
Quote:
No more than 8 images per contract for a 1 floor property, & then 2 additional images for each higher level (e.g. 2-floor property = 10 images, 3-floor property = 12 images, 4-floor property = 14 images). This total includes floor plan images, & is not excluded from the total number of images allowed.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#330 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 6:38 PM
Your memory doesn't deceive you Karen. It was originally just 8 screenshots, but d_dgjdhh changed it by popular demand.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Alchemist
#331 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 7:03 PM
Updated with pic added, as Id only had 8 including the money shot

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Mad Poster
#332 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
... a hidden basement...

Duh! I didn't even think of that! (I'm usually all about 'hidden' basements and attics!)
What a great idea, Amura! And, the inside looks really great too

Thanks for the confirmations, d_dgjdhh. I'm getting my pictures/story prepped, and I should be uploaded by the end of today...

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Scholar
Original Poster
#333 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 6:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
(...)Or maybe a basement does not count because it's below the ground level? Had not thought about that(...)
The basement will count as a separate level.
Scholar
#334 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 7:55 AM
Thanks for the confirmation, d_dgjdhh!!

Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Duh! I didn't even think of that! (I'm usually all about 'hidden' basements and attics!)
What a great idea, Amura! And, the inside looks really great too

I'm exacty the opposite
I find basements hard to view while playing so I never build them - this was my very first time!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#335 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 9:18 AM Last edited by Karen Lorraine : 26th Jan 2016 at 12:13 AM.
Integrity Building Company

Well here we are again at IBC’s newest home, a one bedroom, fully furnished starter home. In fact the new resident of this home has $4,000 to spend as the home came in under budget at $16,000! Perhaps they will spend it doing up the land to the back of the house or adding an extension to the property.

To help the house blend in with the surrounding properties IBC has used reclaimed timber to the front of the property and the prescribed bricks. The house has been decorated and furnished in bright modern colours.

The house benefits from a fully fitted kitchen, shower room, bedroom with walk-in wardrobe, a porch and a lounge/diner.

* I've attached the price image as an extra to the eight allowed images, is that correct? I don't want to lose marks for too many images!

EDIT: I've now removed the extra image so there are only eight in total! Can I have the extra image please @d_dgjdhh?

Screenshots
Attached Images

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#336 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 9:58 AM
Karen, you might want to check the hot pink chair, unless it's the red one looking pink there.

Good going for $16,000, but dang everyone but me went to the extra money!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#337 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 10:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Karen, you might want to check the hot pink chair, unless it's the red one looking pink there.
I turned off CC so I know it's game content, Jo

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#338 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 10:36 AM
Well I don't have it in hot pink.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#339 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 11:37 AM
Mad Poster
#340 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 12:04 PM
That specific (Julius visitor chair?) does that if you have too many recolors. I had one of the non-cc ones turned pink once.

Talking about cc - I went shopping for new bedding this morning and suddenly realised that I have NO clue about Base game bedding. Can anyone help? I might have to change my bedding in my lot.

Last - I love all these houses and I please, please, please want them all for the new poor neighbourhood in my game
Scholar
#341 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 1:32 PM
It's likely I'll upload all my buildings after the contest is over. I like playtesting a copy of my buildings before uploading, that's why I don't upload right away.
In fact I'm about to upload now some very cheap small houses (under §12k) which I built a while away. But they don't look as cheap as this one, not sure if those would work for you.
Mad Poster
#342 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 2:10 PM
I like the cheap look No problem with waiting until after the contest! Thanks, Amura.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#343 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 3:50 PM
Thanks guys, no idea how I ended up using it then! I will be replacing the images and the chair!

Mad Poster
#344 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 9:14 PM
Default Sims Virtual Realty: Round 1 - The "Shack"
*sigh* No bonuses for me this round... I really wanted the rusted tin roof (not BG) and I went over my expected budget of 16K by $1,747 (actual cost is $17,747.)
I suppose I could've left out a few things - like the dart board, chess board, easel, and scrubby palm tree... but, I like my sims to have something to do - and a home just isn't a home without a few games/fun things!
Anywho...

After the meeting with Val Briggs, Cat sat right down and started drawing up plans:
- This is a home for a single person; try to come in around 16K - and absolutly no more than 20K. (NB: Briggs referred to this home as a 'shack'!)
- It must have a private enclosed area with at least 3 walls, flooring, a roof. plumbing and at least one phone.
- Do not move the county's lightposts, or improve the land. (taxes!)
- Seamlessly blend in with the rest of the 'hood. Remember - it's in "that" part of town... nothing fancy!

WAIT!!! This site used to be a park, right?!!
Cat picked up the phone, "This was a park? You're tearing down a park, right? Like, playground equipment?"
Val: "Is this Cat? Yes. Yes, playground equipment..."
Cat: "Are there toilets? And a public phone?"
Val: "There were, but..."
Cat: "NO! No, no, no! Stop! Stay the execution! Leave everything as it is!"
Val: "But, you don't understand..."
Cat: "Please - whatever's left of the building - don't destroy it. I need it!"
Val: "...in this section of town - just a ghetto really. It was a PUBLIC park."
Cat: "I am a firm believer in recycling - and reclaimed buildings are at the top of my list. If I can turn an old, run-down, fruit-packing shed into an upscale loft duplex, I can certainly make a livable 'shack' out of a public-parks building."
Val: ---silence on the other end of the line---
Cat: "Reduce, re-use, re-purpose, re-claim... re-build. Please, let me at least try?"
Val: "It's a disgusting, vandalized, broken public toilet! You can't imagine the filth - covered in graffiti and... and muck! It's gross! The rats won't even..."
Cat: "But, it's made of the same bricks, right? If you don't like what I do, I'll tear it down - free of charge - and start over, K?"
Val: "Well..."
Cat: "Great! If you need me, I'll be 'on site' for the next ten days. Bye!"

Cat arrived at the build-site just as the phone company was driving away with the old phone booth.
"Oh well..." *sigh* "they'd probably rather the phone was located indoors anyway." She rolls up her sleeves and...

And, here is "the rest of the story":

Thank you for offering sVr a contract for this home.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Scholar
#345 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 9:26 PM
That's a really unique background story, Cat!
Alchemist
#346 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 10:09 PM
I love it Cat, especially the fact you built it out of an old run down toilet block!
'Where do you live?'
'no where special, just an old toilet block!'

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Scholar
Original Poster
#347 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 10:51 PM
Ha ha, love the backstory too, great to see that type of dialogue Mr Briggs would have.

And it's a good thing you only used 8 pictures. Would have requested for less if otherwise.
Mad Poster
#348 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 10:54 PM
Tee hee hee - I had fun with this one I'm glad you like it!

...I hope the sink-hole isn't an "improvement" though.

ETA: Yeah, 8 pictures almost killed me on this one!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Scholar
Original Poster
#349 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 11:00 PM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 25th Jan 2016 at 11:18 PM.
Yeah, I wouldn't call that very much an improvement, lol. But then again, I'm not the judge, so it's not my call.

Page 14 of 50