Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 3:02 AM Last edited by Corylea : 18th Aug 2021 at 5:17 PM.
Default Food Stays Fresh for a Week
I've made a bunch of mods for The Sims 1, but I never bothered to upload them anywhere, because I thought I was the only one playing this twenty-year-old game. Then I found this section of ModTheSims. :-) Now that I know I'm not the only one, I'm going to upload a few things and see if anyone wants them.

Food Lasts a Week

I don't know about you, but when I'm finished with a meal, I put the leftovers in the refrigerator, and they last for a week or so. And yet our sims can't do this, so they have to cook All. The. Time. Well, no more. I've hacked the food so that it stays fresh for a week. The sims still don't put it in the refrigerator, but you can't have everything. This mod alters the regular meals, the BBQ meals, the pizza, and even the snacks.

Since this mod replaces an in-game object, the file does NOT go in your Downloads folder, the way objects usually do; it has to go into the Objects subfolder of your GameData folder. Your GameData folder is a subfolder of your Maxis folder; look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\The Sims\Gamedata\Objects, if you installed the game to your C drive.

If you want YOUR sims' food to stay fresh for a week, you can get the mod -- for free, of course -- at http://corylea.com/Sims%201%20Food%...Week%20Mod.html

I make mods for my own use, but I go to all the trouble of uploading them in an attempt to make my fellow simmers happy. If you like the mod, please say so! I don't get mail at corylea.com, but you can leave a comment in this thread; I'll be checking it frequently.

Happy Simming!
Screenshots

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 10:43 AM
Hi Corylea! I have been testing it and the flies keep appearing on the plate. I put it in gamedata / objects. What am I doing wrong?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsgat
Hi Corylea! I have been testing it and the flies keep appearing on the plate. I put it in gamedata / objects. What am I doing wrong?

When do flies appear on the plate? They're supposed to appear after seven days.

Er, you did remember to unzip the file, didn't you?

Do you have another mod that changes the way the food works? You can only have ONE Food.iff file in your Objects folder.

Which expansion packs do you have? I made the mod in a game that has ALL the expansion packs, so it's possible that the mod doesn't work if you don't have them all, especially if you don't have Makin' Magic.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 7:09 PM
The flies on the plate appear as usual.
Yes, I put the .iff in gamedata / objects.
As far as I know I don't have another mod.
I'm going to try to remove all the objects and try to put only food.iff in the folder.
I have all the expansions installed.
I'll tell you how it worked for me.
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 9:03 PM
It seems that after removing all the .iff and leaving only the food file it works for me. So there is something that conflicts but I do not know what. I will have to find out what it is. Thanks for your contribution @corylea, it is great and I love it!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 9:21 PM
It seems that after removing all the .iff and leaving only the food file it works for me. So there is something that conflicts but I do not know what. I will have to find out what it is. Thanks for your contribution @corylea, it is great and I love it!

Thanks for letting me know it works for you now! When you figure out which file is the conflicting one, please tell me which it is, so I can warn other people about it.

I'm glad you're enjoying the mod!

Test Subject
#7 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 11:15 PM
@Corylea Let's see if I can tell which object it conflicts with, if I do, I'll tell you what it is.

Thank you, I am enjoying it!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Aug 2021 at 3:23 AM
@Corylea Let's see if I can tell which object it conflicts with, if I do, I'll tell you what it is.

@simsgat, If you can't figure out which object it conflicts with, please send me a PM with a list of the files you used to have in that folder, and I'll see if I can figure it out from that.

Test Subject
#9 Old 20th Aug 2021 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
@simsgat, If you can't figure out which object it conflicts with, please send me a PM with a list of the files you used to have in that folder, and I'll see if I can figure it out from that.

Sorry, I was absent. I'm doing little checks, reducing the .iff files into small groups and thus find out what it may be. Thank you for volunteering @ Corylea. I have less left to know which object may be the cause. I will keep you informed.